Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Cake Tiers

Hey ladies,

I've been on here for ages but until now have been able to find my answers with out asking! Now I need your opinion. I've got two options for the cake and I am wondering what you think. I am worried that the five tier option below will be too tall and skinny. What do you think?

Here are my options:

12" bottom, 10", 8", 6" & 4" top

OR

Should I do a three layer "bulkier" cake?

Thanks!

Re: Cake Tiers

• I'm personally more of a fan of the shorter "bulkier" cakes. However, I think it also really depends on the design of your cake, as there are definitely some of the "tall skinny" variety that are stunning.
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014

I agree with the PP - I need to know what your design is before determining if the tall skinny vs. the short stocky is the way to go given the design.  Both can be quite classy depending on the look you're gong for.  That said - a lot also depends on the room you're having the reception in. 

• Can you post photos?  This would help clarify what you have in mind.  It really depends on what the cakes in question would ultimately look like and their settings.
  • For practicality, I'm leaning towards shorter cake. Fewer things to go wrong, and easier to cut so slices may look neater once plated?
  • I like the shorter cakes as well. 
  • The room I am having it at is quite large google "Bell Event Centre" in Cincinnati Ohio.

The cake would be kind of a swirly parter on some layers with dots on the other. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards