Flowers

trial DIY centerpiece PIP

I am basically doing this for my green, asian inspired wedding. I will add a touch of moss and an orchid sprig. What do you think? I will probably put tealights on the tables also.

Hochari Tarpu chonge wanga

Re: trial DIY centerpiece PIP

• jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what I would add but right now it looks bare and thin.  
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I agree... a little bare. Maybe you could put some flowers around the opening of the vase and the bottom of the stems? Put a few votives on the table around the bottom of the vase so that there is something lower on the table to draw the eye in?

Anniversary
  • melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are very pretty and I like the minimalist approach, although I think I would consider adding one or two decorative accents to the branches, myself.  Something like this, perhaps - http://www.balloons-galore.net/pd_25_blue_feather_butterfly.cfm. Not a lot, just something to give it a little bit extra.

I just opted for a butterfly as an example because they are sometimes associated with the regionon which your theme is based, and it's something that the majority of people find enjoyable enough to look at.
    10-10-10
  • edited December 2011
    I really like it alot. I would probably add candles in green holders spread around the base to add more depth, but other then that i think it matches your theme well!
  • AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Some of those branches look like they are sticking out quite far at eye level - I would be worried someone could get jabbed with a branch, IMO.

Besides that, I think some origami birds would be nice hanging from the branches or something that is traditional Asian - is there something in Asian culture that represents long life, love, happiness, or something like that you could add?

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    there are origami cranes hanging there. Do you think I need more?

The tables are pretty large, so I am not worried about eyes being poked out, but I can see your point. And of course, all of them will be slightly different. I can probably make them stick out less.

Ant then, there's also the fresh orchids I'll be adding, as well as some candles.
    Hochari Tarpu chonge wanga
  • edited December 2011
    I like it! Very unique
    May 2012: April Signature Challenge: Wedding Venue
    imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards