Chit Chat

Dammit cancer, didn't you get the "fuck you" message?

Re: Dammit cancer, didn't you get the "fuck you" message?

• Ugh. How shitty. Sending thoughts & prayers, and keeping fingers crossed that it's non-cancerous and you guys can still have babies together!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm sorry.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • That sucks, lolo.  I will keep them in my prayers!

• Ugh. That's so awful. I had a skin cancer scare in my early twenties and it was totally horrifying. I can only imagine what this poor girl is thinking. I really hope it turns out well for her. And hey, soup is awesome.
  • :(:(:(

It breaks my heart anytime anyone has cancer, but it's especially tough on younger women who are told they can no longer have families. Sending all of my positive vibes out there!!

• Thanks for the T&Ps everybody. :( 

• Oh no.  Sending lots of positive vibes and love for them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Keeping her in my prayers and hoping for good news from the biopsy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• She is in my thoughts and prayers. Don't underestimate the power of soup. Sometimes, what we think are small acts are actually huge acts in the life of others.
  • Thoughts and prayers. And soup is awesome. Sometimes the small stuff is what makes people feel better

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Prayers that she has good results from this.

image   image   image

• Best wishes.  Cancer is all too prevalent in our society these days.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Ugh, sorry to hear this. Scares like this are awful. All the positive vibes for your friend! 

(And ditto PPs - soup is awesome and a really awesome thing to do!)
  • smichek said:
    Damn it, cancer. I wish cancer would get cancer and die.

T&P for her, her bf, and yall.

And don't feel bad that "all you can do" is make soup. Soup is awesome, and you are giving her way more than soup. You're giving her support and showing her how much you care. You have no idea how much something like a meal (homemade or store bought) means to someone going through that. Some of FI's happiest moments from his time fighting cancer were times when someone would come visit and bring food or a movie or something. If you really want to do more than soup, maybe you could throw in some fuzzy socks or a robe or warm jammies/sweats since it's getting cold out and hospital blankets aren't exactly the warmest.
    Agree with this. My mom was always the lady who brought soup to any friend or family member who needed it, and I never understood how much it meant to people until mom was sick and friends brought over meals for us. I know it hurts to feel like you can't do anything to change the circumstances, but little supportive gestures mean so much.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Sorry about this, prayers and thoughts to you, H and your friend
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so sorry....sending so much love your friend's way.  ((hugs))
    Anniversary

• Sending thoughts and prayers to you all. That is so sucky.
  • So sorry to hear this.  Positive vibes for the best possible outcome.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• ugh so sorry to hear.  

Female cancers (breast, ovarian, uterine) run rampid in my family.  I know how scary it can be.  I freak out every time I go for a check up.  

I will keep her in my prayers. xoxo
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm so sorry to hear this about your and your DH's friend, Lolo. I'm sending many positive vibes over. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Hugs! And soup and company sounds perfect. Just being with someone who is supportive is the best gift you could give her!

And if she needs extra encouragement she is welcome to stop by and join our "fuck cancer" rally here!
  • DH just called! She's out of surgery with relatively good news. Most importantly, NO CANCER!!! The growths she did have were bad enough that they had to remove one ovary, but the other one is fine. :)

Thank you so so much for the prayers, vibes and mojo!
    Yay!!!!

I have had similar surgery. I had a massive tumor on my one ovary and it killed it. It was not cancer, though. I recovered very well from it.

I'm so glad that cancer got fucked over this time!

• YESSSSS!!! That's awesome news! 
  • I'm so glad to hear that, lolo!
  • Very good to hear.  Here's wishing her a speedy recovery.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Yeah, cancer... and cancer scares... totally suck. 

But, I am SO thrilled for your friend and the awesome outcome. For both the non-cancer and for still having option of kids. I love hearing happy outcomes like this.

• YAAAAY.  SO happy for your friend! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards