North Carolina

5/21/2011 - we're 5 months away!

come on ladies, i know there's other 5/21/2011 knotties on the board! 5 months out!! :)
image122 Made the list!
image 89 Are ready to party!
image 11 Will be missing out!
image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 5/21/2011 - we're 5 months away!

• TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just emailed my fiance telling him we are 5 months away.  So excited! Time is going by fast!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am a May 21 bride as well. I was so excited for 5 months to roll around today. So much little things left to do, but so excited that the day is getting closer when I get to marry my best friend!

How are the fellow May 21st brides coming along on things? What are some big things you have left?

Nice to know there are some May 21st brides that live in my state. Where in NC do you live?
  • TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in Durham and getting married at Treyburn Country Club in North Durham.  I need to figure out my wedding cake. I think my brother's girlfriend is going to make it though (she's a pastry chef). We also need to do registering stuff, pick out the tuxes, and figure out transportation. Then a lot of other little things.

What about you?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The only things I have taken care of so far are booking the venue and buying the dress. we're getting married in  Aruba but Im consulting with a local florist (Pam at Flowers From the Cellar- love her!) to get ideas for my bridal bouquet.  That's all I've done.....aaaagggh! so much left to do!! I dont know when I'll find the time.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a september bride, but CONGRATS ladies, I know it has to be super exciting. I cant wait:)
    est. 9.17.2011
    furBRAT Tess:)
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married in my home town outside raleigh at our train station. I have a lot of little things left to do...register, order linens, chairs, arbor, DIY invitations, order favors, order napkins, and I'm sure there is other stuff I'm forgetting.

Well congrats again May 21st ladies. Happy planning. Look forward to counting down to Wedding Day with yall!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay!

I have most of the big things done (ceremony/reception locations, band, wedding party including bridesmaids dresses, my dress, most of the ceremony music, invitations, centerpieces, catering contract, florist contract, rentals, photography, videography)

I need to work on figuring out what I'm doing with my hair, subsequently making my veil and other similar details. Also trying to finish the wedding website.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kernvaleriekernvalerie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this - I didn't even realize today was the 21st!!  5 months to go for us too.  We live in Greensboro but are getting married in Wilmington.  We have almost all of our vendors booked.  Need to commit to the DOC and a bakery for our cupcakes. 

Invites are my major stressor right now.  I've ordered the cardstock and envelopes from cardsandpockets but actually need to get them designed and printed... and then of course assembled!

5/21/11 will be here before ya know it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Holla!  Got most of the big stuff done, working on invites now. 
  • edited December 2011
    How many months before the wedding are invitations typically sent out?
  • edited December 2011
    On the knot checklist it says invites go out 3 months before. But the normal and what I have seen on other boards like the etiquette board are 6-8 weeks if you are having a wedding with not many out of town guests. 10-12 weeks is acceptable if you are having a destination wedding or a lot of out of town guests.

HTH!
  • uneek1323uneek1323 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm a May 28th bride. I'm super excited and just want it to be spring already!
    **TTCAL** A little Irish cuteness- Cillian Murphy
    TTC #1 since December 2011
    Dx: Hypothyroidism, PCOS, one test away from confirming DOR
    BFP #1 1/16/12 EDD 9/16/12 m/c 1/26/12 }Sweet Pea{
    BFP #2 10/18/12 EDD 6/29/13 cp 10/24/12 }Bug{
    BFP #3 11/22/12 EDD 8/1/13 m/c 12/7/12 }Turkey{
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Mah Chart * Mah Literary Blog * Mah Other Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_5212011-were-5-months-away?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:31d5b4eb-b471-4e81-9231-55605ddb4dc5Post:8dadb2fa-7a6a-4b67-b3a4-cf9533beda26">Re: 5/21/2011 - we're 5 months away!</a>:
    [QUOTE]On the knot checklist it says invites go out 3 months before. But the normal and what I have seen on other boards like the etiquette board are 6-8 weeks if you are having a wedding with not many out of town guests. 10-12 weeks is acceptable if you are having a destination wedding or a lot of out of town guests. HTH!
    Posted by mgbarbry[/QUOTE]

This, Kate.

You did save the dates, right?  If so, your guests probably already have thought about/began to make travel arrangements, so you don't necessarily have to send at the 12-10 week mark even for your destination wedding.  8 weeks is probably a good target.
  • CltBride2008CltBride2008 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SunnySarah where are you getting married in Charlotte? I always see your posts and seems like we're always on the same page with everything (and please post about lighting once you figure that out!)

I finally ordered my invitations! We are using weddingpaperdivas - so far I've heard nothing but great things. They will probably end up going out 9 weeks before the wedding BUT we sent STDs and everyone over Christmas already told us if they were coming or not - if you've done the STDs then I think it's okay to do 6-8 weeks before the wedding because the majority of people should know their plans and reply quickly (I always just send the reply the day I get it so I dont forget!)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats to my fellow May 21st Brides! I can't believe we're 141 days from our Dream day!

We live in Charlotte, but are getting married in our home state of Michigan! We have most things done, so it's down to the little details. We're sending out invitations out the last week of March and have our RSVP date at April 22. We have to have our final counts of everything to our vendors on May 7th.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards