Nevada-Las Vegas

Gift Registry??

Ok...I already know that I'm not following the correct ettiquette by having a reception back home after we get married in Vegas but there are a lot ofkids in our friends and family so many folks weren't invited :)

My question is this, what is the proper way to register for gifts? When I register, do I put our actual wedding day, or the reception day? FI doesn't want to register at all, which I would be ok with, buy my MOH is forcing me to do all the bells and whistles and have a bridal shower and all that jazz (notice how thrilled I am).

Any suggestions??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gift Registry??

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_gift-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:8c034065-8854-4de5-be04-db04186fd916Post:dc08bdcb-6590-462c-9bc0-6eddfb03ddf0">Gift Registry??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok...I already know that I'm not following the correct ettiquette by having a reception back home after we get married in Vegas but there are a lot ofkids in our friends and family so many folks weren't invited :) My question is this, what is the proper way to register for gifts? When I register, do I put our actual wedding day, or the reception day? FI doesn't want to register at all, which I would be ok with, buy my MOH is forcing me to do all the bells and whistles and have a bridal shower and all that jazz (notice how thrilled I am). Any suggestions??
    Posted by lacih44[/QUOTE]

probably your wedding day since everyone will know you are already married at your AHR.
  • We're doing this too and put our reception date on the registry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • we are doing this too and put our vegas dates since it is our actual wedding date and since the few guests that are coming to vegas will want to buy us gifts. I am going to put on our reception invites we got married on XX date so that people know the actual wedding date and can match it up to our registry if they choose to get us a gift.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards