Pre-wedding Parties

Under 21 bachelorette party ideas?

Hi ladies! I am planning my little sister's bachelorette party and I am struggling to find something that is fun, inexpensive and non-drinking. My sister is really young as is half her bridal party and the problem I am running into is that everything seems more like a church youth group event than a bachelorette party. She wants to DO something with her girls then go back to her apartment for late night snacks and slumber party type stuff. I am good with that but I am lost at what to do. We have been looking into cooking class and ceramics  but she shot those down.

Help?
 (I am sure this gets asked a lot so if there is a good linky that works too)

TIA
Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11). Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia. Image and video hosting by TinyPic blog

Re: Under 21 bachelorette party ideas?

• Amusement park? Spa day? Fabulous dinner at a nice restaurant?

What time of year are you looking at having this party?

• We are having to go earlier in the day since it will be the same day as her rehearsal (Two of her bm don't fly in until that morning). I may look into a theme park idea, that may be fun! I was thinking maybe ice skating or a private figure skating lesson?

If it was up to her and I we would do a ghost tour or something but she doesn't feel that is very bridal either ;)
    Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11). Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia. Image and video hosting by TinyPic blog
  • A spa day with a nice lunch somewhere? 

Having just been ice skating for the first time, I wouldn't really recommend that unless they've all been and/or are at least moderately skilled at it. I doubt anyone wants bruised knees showing on the wedding day. ;)

Keep in mind, bachelorette parties don't have to be "bridal." If she would like a ghost tour (and the rest of the girls would also), that would be fun! 
  • If she wants to do a ghost tour then do that.  I don't really know what is considered "bridal" when it comes to bach parties.  

I would probably stay away from ice skating because you never know what may happen.  Someone could end up with a broken leg/arm or sprained ankle.  Not good.

• I can speak to this--I was MOH for my sister, whose other BMs were underage. We got our nails done and then went to a nice late lunch. My sister's older friends (from out of town) got in a little later and then we hit the town. (Technically I guess this could be seen as "tiered" but everyone was invited to all the parts that they were legally allowed to participate in).
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • I am over 21 and I still think that a ghost tour bachelorette party would be amazing!
  • kaos16 said:
    I am over 21 and I still think that a ghost tour bachelorette party would be amazing!
    Just make sure all of the bridal party are into that sort of thing--I'm an absolute CHICKEN, so if you were talking like, a haunted house or something, I would (as stupid as it sounds) decline. I'm not about to land myself in jail on a count of battery after I flip the fuck out and punch someone jumping out at me or something.
    Anniversary

• My bachelorette consisted of a ridiculous trip to a touristy wax museum (not bridal, but super awesome), high tea (very bridal, very awesome), a Frozen sing-along at the Castro theater (weird and hilarious), and a fun dinner. Afterwards we did the bars, but before that everything would have been appropriate for a less than 21 crowd. 
  • What about bowling? I always love to go with a big group since it's something we rarely do. There's a duckpin bowling place here that is really trendy and much nicer than most other places. They also have great food. If you have something like that nearby, maybe you could have an appetizer buffet and then go get manicures after?
  • Not really sure what makes something "bridal", but we went to a concert for my BP. I also think bowling sounds fun, or some place that has gokarts/mini golf/etc could be fun.

If she isn't feeling it is 'special' enough, make her a Bride tee-shirt or sash and tiara or something so she gets some extra attention in public. Just please don't make the rest of the girls wear special outfits or whatever.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • How about getting make-up done at MAC, lunch at nice restaurant and then Mini-Golf?

If it's many of you, maybe just focus on "touching up" like adding on top of base instead full application. Not sure if it's an option but I think it'd be fun. 

Mini-golf could be fun. She can wear "bride" shirt and a min-veil. Take lots of pics. Set up teams instead of each taking a turn (which could drag out).
  •  LittlePeachBlossom said:

How about getting make-up done at MAC, lunch at nice restaurant and then Mini-Golf?

If it's many of you, maybe just focus on "touching up" like adding on top of base instead full application. Not sure if it's an option but I think it'd be fun. 

Mini-golf could be fun. She can wear "bride" shirt and a min-veil. Take lots of pics. Set up teams instead of each taking a turn (which could drag out).
    I love this! I wish we thought of this for my showerette... we were even downtown for high tea and totally could have stopped and done this before going out for the night! Filing this away for the next bachelorette I plan....
  • What about bowling? I always love to go with a big group since it's something we rarely do. There's a duckpin bowling place here that is really trendy and much nicer than most other places. They also have great food. If you have something like that nearby, maybe you could have an appetizer buffet and then go get manicures after?
    I was going to say bowling. Its a fun activitiy anyway, and you can dress up your lane!
    August 9, 2015
  • cambryncambryn member
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    For mine I was taken on a mystery tour-

we ended up going to the movies (one of those where they serve food), a show (lots of acts with musicians, comedian, jugglers), a karaoke room, and a delicious dinner. We were going to do dancing, but by the end of it we were all very tired- so dispersed. 

I loved the surprises and multiple locations. Made it really fun! 
  • There are so many cool-ass ideas on this thread. I might have to oh-so-subtly lead my friends/MOH in this direction, ha. (KIDDING, I know a bachelorette is not an entitlement).
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Not sure where you are located, but I went to one bachelorette party at a blowout bar.  We all had our hair washed and styled and it was a lot of fun.  I also have been to "Paint Night" which you are guided through an easy painting lesson- which can be a lot of fun (although she might find it similar to ceramics) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards