North Carolina-Outer Banks

Who Did You Use for Rehearsal Dinner? Nags Head or South Nags Head

So we are in the process of planning the rehearsal dinner and I would really like to do something Soundfront to catch the great sunsets and I have already contacted Basnights Lone Cedar Cafe, Millers Waterfront and Sugar Creek....we are looking for something in either Nags Head or South Nags Head since that is where most of our guests will be staying. 

I didnt really like the response I got from Sugar Creek:  "it all depends on what time we are having your dinner and we are still very busy during Sept so it all depends"  I kind of feel like the whole Sept comment could've been left off....I know better than anyone that off-season starts after Labor Day and we are talking about a Thurs night dinner....

So, I wanted to see where you ladies are having or are planning to have your rehearsal dinner.

Thanks!

Re: Who Did You Use for Rehearsal Dinner? Nags Head or South Nags Head

• evenundomielevenundomiel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Pamlico Jacks...formerlly Penguin Isle...it has a lovely upstairs room that is great for rehearsal dinners. 

Also...I'm a native of the Outer Banks...currently live in Nags Head and it's true...we still are quite busy in September. Sometimes even busier than in June. Our "off-season" doesn't really start until October. September is one of the nicest times to be on the Outer Banks and people are certainly getting the memo about that! 

Now, they could have definitely been more accomodating! Especially for a Thursday night.
    imageAnniversary
  • mskate1031mskate1031 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out Tale of the Whale?  They have a private room and an amazing view.  I'm calling them tomorrow to get more info.

http://www.taleofthewhalenagshead.com/index.htm
  • sarahebrownsarahebrown member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we are using Ocean Boulevard for our Rehearsal Dinner. They are in KDH I believe, so maybe a little far for your guests. They are a little on the fancier side too. Are you looking for a casual fun vibe or more fancy?
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • HStaffordHStafford member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Aqua S Restuarant in Duck for our rehearsal dinner... soundside, great menu and great wine selection!
  • princesskmpprincesskmp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you are looking for Nags Head or South Nags Head, but there are some nice soundfront restaurants in Manteo also.  Try Adrianna's and 1587, both are in downtown Manteo with tasty food menus.
  • RyanMoserRyanMoser member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree, Adrianna's in downtown Manteo does an AWESOME job with both rehearsal dinners and weddings! check them out: http://adriannasrestaurant.com
  • OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!

We are getting married on the beach and our reception is at 108 Budleigh so I am familiar with the Manteo area and 1587 is my sister and husband's fave restaurant so I will certainly be in touch with them and Adrianna's

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards