Chit Chat

I have a big decision to make.

I think I want bangs. Look at THIS. 

Ugh. Don't you LOVE it? I read this article yesterday after a friend of mine posted it. http://hellogiggles.com/zooey-deschanel-hair  And now I want to do it. However, every time I've cut bangs, I've ended up hating them. 

I'm currently texting my hairdresser/best friend to see if these bangs will work with my hair. 

Re: I have a big decision to make.

• I cut bangs every few years and they suit my face.  However, as soon as they start to grow (and my hair grows fast) they get in my eyes and on my nerves.  I usually keep trimming them for a few months, then I get sick of the extra work and I grow them back out.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • Do it! The beauty of hair is that it grow back. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The only thing is my hair is super straight. It's not wavy or curly at all. I wonder if those bangs would still look good...
  • I'm itching to do SOMETHING with my hair, but I swore I was going to let it grow out for the wedding =/

I think you should do it! And if you hate them, you can always pin them back until they grow out again
    Anniversary

• edited October 2014
    I think your bangs would look really nice especially because you have really straight hair. You can always give it a little volume by teasing or using a roller.

I love bangs but always regret it a few weeks later. It's just a lot of maintenance and they never look as great as the first cut. (on me anyway.) The grow out phase totally sucks, too.

etf words
  • I think you would look great with bangs! Like @SmileDamnit said, hair grows back so even if you're not thrilled with the look, you're not stuck with it forever.
  • The only thing is my hair is super straight. It's not wavy or curly at all. I wonder if those bangs would still look good...
    But you have a lot of it, right? I bet with the right cut & volumizing/texurizing product, you could totally pull it off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I always want bangs but then when I do get them I regret them almost immediately.  The type of bangs Zoey has are one's that you have to keep trimmed constantly or they will be in your eyes and annoy the fuck out of you.  I just find bangs to be too high maintenance because of the constant trimming and then the time it takes to grow them out.

But you have a lot of it, right? I bet with the right cut & volumizing/texurizing product, you could totally pull it off.
    I do, but it's definitely not as thick as it used to be. 

However! My hairdresser/best friend just texted me back and said with the right angling, it would definitely work. Eeeee! 
  • I cut those bangs last fall! They were fun for a bit but I've let them grow out. Bangs are a lot of work between having to blow them out every day and trim them. I have thick, curly hair so it became too much of a hassle but they looked fun! I attached a pic when I had them (and was a redhead at the time.) just invest in a great round brush!

• I would definitely do them. I'm actually getting bangs myself in the next couple of weeks. I usually get my bangs cut in the winter, and then when they start growing out, I turn them into side swept bangs. By the time the spring rolls around, they are long enough to just be part of my hair. The problem with me is that I have curly hair, so it is a lot of maintenance because I either have to always straighten my hair, or pull it back and pin them back. I think they would look really good on you!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    I love bangs, but I can't stand the centre part Zooey Deschanel has going on there in that picture.  But the ones I am used to seeing her with are a bit long IMO,  they would bug the crap out of me because they would almost constantly need trimming so they wouldn't get in my eyes.
  • I have been debating bangs for months. Maybe I will take the plunge soon too.
  • I blow dry my hair every morning (with a round brush) so it wouldn't be too much added/extra work in the morning. 

I have an appointment tomorrow. So excited! 
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    Those type of bangs you need a trim eveery 2-3 weeks. Whenever I get bangs, I try to trim my bangs myself. DON'T DO THIS. Leave it to the professionals.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Whenever I see Goldie Hawn or Kate Hudson and their bangs are hitting their eyelashes when they blink, all I want to do is go up to them and push them out of their face.

• KatWAG said:
    Those type of bangs you need a trim eveery 2-3 weeks. Whenever I get bangs, I try to trim my bangs myself. DON'T DO THIS. Leave it to the professionals.
    Oh, I would never do that! My hairdresser would murder me. As I mentioned before, she's my best friend, she lives 5 minutes away from me and I see her at least once a week. She'd know if I tried to cut them myself! 
  • KatWAG said:
    My mom cut my sister's bangs the day before school pictures when my sister was about 9. They kept being uneven so she'd try again, and again.... they ended up looking like this and it is by far my favorite school picture of my sister:

*********************************************************************************

• I trim my side bangs when they get annoying.

I have recently begun getting in trouble with my hairdresser for this. He's my brother, see, and he's in at least once a week, so "I have no reason to trim my bangs when he can do it for me".

YOU will look FANTASTIC with straight bangs like that. I would look like the Albino. I know this because I've done it. Twice.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Whenever I see Goldie Hawn or Kate Hudson and their bangs are hitting their eyelashes when they blink, all I want to do is go up to them and push them out of their face.
    OMG, I used to watch America's Next Top Model.  Watching Tyra Banks with her hair in her eyes (when she wore bangs) constantly blinking was so freaking annoying.  
  • My hair is too fine for bangs. But I think you could rock them!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • KatWAG said:
    My mom cut my sister's bangs the day before school pictures when my sister was about 9. They kept being uneven so she'd try again, and again.... they ended up looking like this and it is by far my favorite school picture of my sister:

I have this same school picture. It wasnt so cute when I did it to myself at the age of 25.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Go for it. Bangs really draw attention to your eyes. Also, I wear them because they make me look younger.
  • DH loved me with bangs. But I feel like I have TOO MUCH hair for them! They are SO full.

Pictures of me with bangs, at the football games. And one high school emo picture looking thoughtful.

They say loading. Hope they show up /shrug

image   image   image

• I love how they look on other people but I'm nervous mine would just be a sweaty mess. I sweat so much these days.
  • I should link you to my hair cutting thread. I gave the hairdresser a picture of Zooey after getting through two seasons of New Girl and they wound up horrendous. Proceed with caution!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• If you hair is straight, fear not, it'll look like this :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards