Chit Chat

A Bad Morning Rant

This morning:
  • Too rainy, had to reschedule our engagement shoot
  • Received listings from the realtor where none of them matched our criteria, basically doubling my current commute. Why? Because she actually laughed at me on the phone when I told her the location we wanted, and told me flat-out we weren't going to buy a house we were looking at because 'You just won't fall in love with it. Look at it, it's terrible.'
  • Received an email from FMIL about how concerned she is that a pushy realtor is pushing us around. Ends with a pushy statement about what she thinks.
  • Received a text from my cousin - Are you still coming to visit the grandparents next week? Good because they're doing very poorly. 

Listed in order of occurrence. And it's what, 8:30 in the morning?

Hurray.

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 

Re: A Bad Morning Rant

• Wow - rough morning.  Why is it that when a day starts out bad, it almost always just keeps going?  Far-fetched up side - it could have been over 4 days making them all bad.  (I tried)
    Anniversary
  • Sorry your day started out that way...hope it gets better.
    Anniversary
  • Oh brother. This is about the time I'd spike my morning latte with some Bailey's. 
  • It's not too early for wine. 

• ALL THE BAILEYS.

Also just got a long report back that I worked on for months with comments from one of my bosses how it doesn't make sense, he doesn't understand, but good leg-work on whatever it is. Also it'll never be seen by the intended audience.

Sorry ladies, don't mean to be a downer or a whiner. Just wanted to vent in the worst way. I really need to avoid making any decisions today, particularly wedding ones - too grouchy for all of that! Though I'm dying to say "Lets get as much of our deposits back as we can and run to the courthouse."

• I feel you, girl. I'm currently drinking a coffee the size of my head that's already gotten cold because, well, it takes a long time to drink a coffee the size of one's head. But the coffee is necessary after I was up til 3am assembling a dog house, doing laundry, changing sheets, and putting away my clothes that had been piling up in the guest room (because I don't have any closet space) so DH's friends can stay in there while we go visit his brother and SIL this weekend. And then woke up at 6am to finish the last of my thank you cards and try to do an analysis for work, only to discover that I've been locked out of the site I use to pull data due to incorrect password attempts. I still have to write reviews for both of my employees by tonight but can't because they skipped all of the (mandatory) sections for employee comments, QA the metrics on a new website, make sure the metrics we already know to be broken get fixed, track down reference codes for error messages, attend a webinar for the newest tagging implementation offering that might attempt to make my life EASIER in the future, pack for the weekend, and drive to Wisconsin. So can I share your Bailey's please?

• Yikes!! That sounds like the start to a very, very long day.

Let us all drink of the Baileys!

• Sounds like you need to start your morning with some Irish coffee.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Get a new realtor!  One who respects and understands you!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • It bothers me that your realtor doesn't listen to you.  What if you were specifically looking for a fixer-upper?  Now, if she had told you, "Meg, just wanted to inform you that the area you are looking into has high crime rates, but if you would like to proceed here are some options," that would be totally different.  

I hope your day got better! 

• Thanks for all the well-wishes! By the end of the day I was feeling much better, and had confirmed with FI that we know what we want in a house and we're comfortable pushing for it.

We very well may end up with a new realtor. We agreed to meet with her in two weeks (when she gets back from vacay) and we'll hear what she has to say but I am not above standing up, saying 'Thank you for your time' and walking out.

We're going to see one of the houses she laughed at me about today, and I'm oh so excited! It's a new day and I hope it's going well for all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards