Vow Renewals
Options

Happy I found this community

We will be renewing our vows on our 50th anniversary August 29, 2015 in Southern California.  It will be a chapel ceremony with a dinner reception.  I did find that violets are the flower for the 50th anniversary so gold and violet are the colors. I will carry a DIY silk bouquet of African Violets and cream rose with gold trim. So far that is were we are at.  I will be asking questions and check back often.

Re: Happy I found this community

• Options
    Hi there! CONGRATS and hats off to you on 50 years! Your event so far sounds beautiful.
  • Options
    Congrats!  I have witnessed a few 50th anniversary renewals at my church.  They were scheduled during our regular scheduled masses, to be witnessed by any parish member there.  I love seeing those couples who devoted their lives to each other up there reciting their vows again!  It brought a tears to my eye! 
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!!!!

• Options

OliveOilsMom

So my idea to provide our close female family and friends vintage handkerchief would not be a bad ideas?   

• Options
    deannabob77deannabob77 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2014
    Hello, congratulations on 50 years of marriage. I look forward in hearing all your vows Renews plans.
  • Options

OliveOilsMom

So my idea to provide our close female family and friends vintage handkerchief would not be a bad ideas?   

@Knottie39234153 I think it would be fine to provide vintage hankerchiefs to close family members, if you want to do that.  I don't think it is necessary for you to do it, but a nice gesture. 

At the vow renewals I witnessed, the front pews were marked off for family and the couple renewing vows wore corsages. 

Also, there are a lot of people with the username Knottie#s.  Can you please ask Knot Porscha to change your username?  It will help us get to know you better!  Just tag Knot Porscha by using the @ symbol in front of her name with no spaces, just like I did in this post.  Then give her 3 options for your username and she will assign one to you.

• Options
    Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing more about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards