Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Philadelphia bands?

Hi all,

I'm beginning to plan our wedding for June of 2015. So far we have booked our venue and our church. We are now looking into a wedding band. Most of our budget is going into the band, food, and alcohol (because I think those are the things that guests will remember most!) That being said, we are looking for a really exceptional band that will get everyone on the dance floor! We really want our guests to have a great time and enjoy the perks of having a live band.

I've called quite a few, but I've been particularly interested in the Janis Nowlan Band and Rich Posmontier Ensemble. Has anyone seen either (or better yet...both!) bands? I'm having a hard time choosing between the two. I live in Boston and so it's very difficult to find time to come in and view multiple showcases.

Which would you choose? Or should I keep looking?

Any input would be very helpful. Thank you!

Re: Philadelphia bands?

• I never heard of them. I was very particular in my band as well. I was nervous because that makes or breaks your wedding. I had a band called second vision. They were awesome....Everyone danced all night. They did a great job!!!
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @WLevine75 : Thank you so much -- they are really great! I now have way too many choices! I love their sound.
  • No Problem.. Picking the band was one of the hardest choices for me, and I was soooo happy with them.
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have seen Rich Posmontier play at a wedding and he is awesome. I am having him at my wedding. I recommended him to you on the weddingbee though :)
  • @mands1125 : Ah yes! It was a wonderful recommendation! I really liked what I saw online and had a great conversation with Rich. My only real hang up is that none of their demos are live and I haven't seen him live. I can't even find live videos! I'm nervous about hiring a band without hearing them, but his reputation is so exceptional that I'm considering taking that risk! 
  • I hear ya. I think he does live demos every once in awhile but I am not sure when that is in relation to you looking to book. I agree it can be a big risk. The one good thing abou him is that he keeps the party moving well w/ his MCing services. That was a big thing for me.
  • @mands1125 : Yeah, he told me he would e-mail me when he sets up another live showcase...I just hope it is soon! I wouldn't be able to attend but maybe my parents would. 

And a good MC is definitely important. When you saw him before, did he have people dancing the entire night? I like the idea of dancing in between food courses. I want to maximize our dance floor! Dancing after everyone has eaten is tough because people always feel a little lethargic and you don't get as much time out on the floor. I like to work up an appetite! 
  • Yes, he does dancing between courses! We are following his standard "jewish wedding" template but I think overall, he wants people to do dancing in between courses. The wedding I went to we were dancing all night and the 4 hours went by so fast!
  • Blue Label! They are made up of guys (and a girl) from local cover bands! So much fun at a wedding! We decided to book them after seeing them! Definitely check them out!

www.bluelabelband.com
  • Paris - by ebe
  • AHH this is an old thread to bump, but thanks everyone.

We went with Jellyroll!
  • I haven't contacted them but was curious- what's the cost for Jellyroll? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards