Attire & Accessories Forum

What to wear under the dress...in winter?

Hi! I'm getting married in January and have a hard time keeping my body warm enough in winter time. My dress is full length and sleeveless so I am planning to have a small fur jacket to keep my upper body warmer. What should I do with my legs? Long johns with lace hosiery over them? Ivory tights? Any ideas or links to something I could buy would be great! My dress is actually going to be a pale purple with beading/lace so I'm open to non-traditional ideas.

Thank you everyone!
Melissa

Re: What to wear under the dress...in winter?

• Honestly, my trumpet dress is almost too warm and I also run cold. Try tall boots and tights if you're really cold, but I doubt you'll need more.
  • Are you going to be inside pretty much the whole day?  What material is your dress (I ask because something like satin might already feel warm under there)?  
  • I would go with a thick pair of tights. 
  • What is your dress made of and how thick/heavy is it? And where are you getting married (indoors or out)? Sounds like you tend to run a bit cold, whereas I tend to run a bit warm. I was really overheated a couple of times trying on dresses because they can be so warm. I would stay away from long johns, but I think tights maybe some long shapewear bottoms would keep you warm enough? Knee high boots are always sexy and I know they keep me warm in the winter. 
  • What is your dress made of and how big is it?  If it has many layers of crinoline and tulle then you really won't need much of anything because wedding dresses can be freaking warm.

Also, are you planning on hanging outside for very long?  If not, then a nice faux fur bolero and some hose (if you really need them) should be plenty.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards