New York-Hudson Valley

Affordable hair & makeup

Does anyone know of someone in the Hudson Valley area that does on site hair & makeup?  A couple of salons close to my venue quoted $200 for bridemaid hair and when I ask why the rate was high, they said they include the cost of travel... doesn't make sense if we are talking a 15 minute drive from my location...

I found one group: http://www.agbeautyservices.com/ and they seem extremely reasonable, but I wanted to get a couple of options that are comparable.  

I can't ask my girls to pay $450 for hair and makeup. I myself haven't paid over $85 for bridesmaid hair (but that was in Long Island)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! :)

Re: Affordable hair & makeup

• kk111415 said:
    Does anyone know of someone in the Hudson Valley area that does on site hair & makeup?  A couple of salons close to my venue quoted $200 for bridemaid hair and when I ask why the rate was high, they said they include the cost of travel... doesn't make sense if we are talking a 15 minute drive from my location...

I found one group: http://www.agbeautyservices.com/ and they seem extremely reasonable, but I wanted to get a couple of options that are comparable.  

I can't ask my girls to pay $450 for hair and makeup. I myself haven't paid over $85 for bridesmaid hair (but that was in Long Island)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! :)
    Technically, you cannot/should not ask your wedding party to pay anything for their hair and/or make up.  If they choose to have their hair and/or make up professionally done, they can also choose as to where they have it done, and how much it costs them.  If a bride mandates that hair and make up be done professionally, then the bride should pay for such services. 
  • Not sure about prices since I went to my salon to get mine done, but have heard great things about http://www.hairbyannaliese.com/ 
  • I'm offering the my bridal party the opportunity to get there hair done, but I'm not forcing anyone.  One girl has already said she only wants her hair done, so I'm totally fine with that.  But if they decide they do what their hair done, $200 is craziness.  I'm probably going to assist with payment in some way, by paying a portion.  I will also be covering the tip for all of the girls.  I'm having a daytime wedding which complicates things, so having someone come to us (we will all be staying at the hotel the night before) is necessary.  We have to be up by 6:30am for hair and makeup.

@jenni1221 I will check them out! Thanks!
  • I was mortified at the price of hair and makeup when I began my search.  When setting my budget I allotted a certain amount for each vendor, I was getting quotes for hair/makeup that was five times the amount I originally set in my budget.  I knew I didn’t want to go to a salon, but wanted my bridal party and me to hang out in our robes the morning of.  So I knew of additional traveling cost.  I finally found through another post Christine with Color Makeup, www.colormakeupstudio.com

She was the most reasonable and the most qualified – I didn’t want to look like a train wreck to save a few dollars.  She only charged additional travel fee depending on the miles from her studio to my hotel (which was only an additional $10!!!).

Great find, I highly recommend!

• @bridaljoy  Did they offer hair also?  I only saw pricing for makeup on their site- but the prices are very good!
  • I used my normal hair stylist.  She was not reasonable, but I couldn't find anyone that much cheaper.  I went for a few trials with "cheaper" hair stylist and spend more on trials that I was not happy with.  So I decided to bit the bullet and splurge on my hair.  I had a larger bridal party so I needed a separate hair/makeup person to accommodate my bridal party.  Sorry I can't help you wit
  • Jen Donovan does weddings still I think.  Her salon is in Kingston and she is incredible.  I mean, really incredible.  Not sure her pricing but it's worth asking.  her salon is Le Shag.
  • I am a former salon Manager and I would suggest going to Lush Salon in New Paltz. I would recommend any of the girls there but Tina has always done my hair. I have had her do my friends hair for their weddings and they al,ml loved it. I believe her price is around 85-95. She is amazing though. 
  • ll6747ll6747 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I second Christine with Color Makeup, www.colormakeupstudio.com.

she did makeup for my daughter's wedding...bride, 3 maids and myself.  everyone looked like a better version of their natural selves.  she was on time, soothing and terrific to work with.
  • I'm using http://www.ellieandbritt.com/ they're excellent and reasonably priced. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards