October 2014 Weddings
Options

Thank You Cards

How soon are you expected to get thank you cards to guests? I want to use a picture from the photographer for the front of the card but I don't know if it is worth waiting for or if I should just order Thank You cards soon. Thoughts??

Re: Thank You Cards

• Options

@mheller300..I'm dreading writing all my thank you cards too.  I'm using a picture that one of my guests took.  I didn't realize that I had such great photographers on my guest list.  Would that be an option for you?

• Options
    I know my photographer said it would be 4-6 weeks before I got my pictures back.  Does your photographer give you a sneak peak or anything?  I think your best bet would be to use a picture that one of your guests took.  They really should go out 'as soon as possible' after the wedding and from looking up etiquette it says 'absolutely no more than 3 months after' which I feel is a bit long.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @mlynch65 yes my cousin (also a bridesmaid ) took some great pictures. So that is always an option. But when we took pictures with the photographer we specifically took some holding "thank you" signs, intending to use them for cards. It didn't really occur to me that we wouldn't be receiving those for a while and I want to get thank you cards started and finished! haha
  • Options
    Dignity100 I totally agree that seems waaaay too long. Maybe I will have to just suck it up and use a different picture. Thanks!
  • Options
    I'm planning on doing a thank you photo card as well. I was talking to my MIL about it last night and she said not to worry about it. I was also concerned with how long it would be before I'd get photos back from my photographer. He did post sneak peaks on facebook but I know the quality can be terrible if you save the photo from there.

• Options
    @mheller300 - Could you contact your photographer and see if they could get you the 'Thank You' photos sooner than the rest of the photos?

Anniversary
  • Options

What size photos are you all using with your thank you notes?   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards