April 2012 Weddings

New here

Hi girls! I just moved here from the July 2012 boards. My fiance and I had everything planned for your July 2012 wedding but just last week decided to elope to Jamaica. We are leaving for Jamaica on April 21 and getting married on the 27 and will be there for 2 weeks to have our honeymoon there too. The main reason we are eloping is because fiances mother is totally out of control and a huge b*itch and is making this wedding more of a headache then enjoyable. So my dad (who is paying for the wedding) said I shouldnt be stressed out like this and forget the deposits he already paid and he would give FI and I 10,000 to go elope somewhere. I couldn't resist that offer! I'm glad we made the decision to elope I feel so much relief! My brother and his wife will be joining us in Jamaica for a few days as well.  We are having a celebration when we get back in my home state of Iowa. Not a reception or anything just a big party, there will be a DJ, food and open bar but no speeches, cake, first dance etc..Just thought i'd say hi and can't believe its only a few months away!

Re: New here

• chickenbut143chickenbut143 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Welcome!  Yikes, it sounds like you guys have had a difficult time planning w/ your FMIL and are making the right decision for the both of you.  Congrat's again.  Where in Jamaica are you eloping?  FI & I are honeymooning at Couples San Souci April 22-27th. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah, its been rough but much better now since we made this decision, We are going to Couples Tower Isle. I don't think we are that far from each other, we looked into all the couple resorts they all look great! It was hard to decide which one to go to!
  • I know exactly what you mean!!  We just guessed what we think we'll like the best, and figure that we'll prob take a shuttle to visit the other locations.  I think you're right though, they all look amazing!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome and congrats! 
  • Welcome and Congrats! I'm sorry fmil made the planning so rough (I don't understand mils at all! So many are horrible) but sounds like you have a great supportive dad!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome! Sorry to hear you are having a hard time but glad that you have been able to make arrangements that work so well for you both. Im sure the stress being gone is a huge relief and Jamaica is a gorgeous place to get married.
    Photobucket
    April 2012 April siggy challenge: How I relax image
    My Barely There Bio updated 7/12!
  • Welcome! As of right now, I'm totally jealous of you! My FI and I are dealing with some craziness as well and sometimes I wish we had eloped. Oh well! Our HM cruise is what I'm really looking forward to at this point!
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • wow, welcome to the Board.  Sorry you went through all of that, but great that your Dad is supportive about you eloping. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards