Wedding Woes
Options

Friday

How's the weekend looking?

Tomorrow we have a birthday party.  Sunday we're smoking chickens and having family pics.

Woohoo.

Re: Friday

• Options
    Tomorrow, DH is going to buy a snowblower and pick up firewood.  I'm going shopping with my mom. I'm hoping to get my office set up better and get our books unpacked and put on the shelves.  I also need to organize/rearrange DefConn's room.  

Sunday, my sisters are coming over to watch football and see the new house.  We need to do a bed switcheroo  since we're getting our new one on Monday. 
  • Options
    Tomorrow is Boo at the Zoo.  It's supposed to be SEVENTY ONE DEGREES.  That will be awesome.

I found a diy captain's bed idea on Pinterest and let DH know that I want to do that for DD1's room.  She's still in a toddler bed and it's time to think about getting her into a twin, since her feet practically hang off the end.  This would be a perfect project to scratch our diy itch.  Anyway, I'd like to get the plans worked out this weekend so we can think about starting soon.
  • Options
    Tomorrow is shopping for pants for me, a birthday present for the nephew, laundry, and trying to get my shit together in preparation for H being gone for 2 weeks.

Sunday we have our nephew's birthday party
  • Options

I was worried about just having sweaters for pictures Sunday, but it's supposed to be high 60s!

BIL keeps trying to have a Halloween bonfire, but nobody ever says they want to go except MIL.  He's cancelled 3 times.

• Options

Tonight I'm going with DIL to shop for GD's frozen b-day party stuff.

Tomorrow afternoon I have good friends vowel renewal, very aww-ish.  I gave up attending my annual women's retreat for my church to attend, this is something I look very forward to every year.  So I'm a little annoyed, but want to be there for her, just wish it was any other of 51 weekends.  She tends to go overboard, I tried to rein her in but gave up.  There will be a wedding dress, cake and look like a wedding, but I will go and smile.

• Options

After work possibly going to another place to see about appliances.  Finding certain colors and sizes for things seems to be oddly difficult.  Then dinner with friends and maybe a haunted attraction.  We'll see.

Tomorrow is more packing---maybe watching my nephews so my BIL can help H start on siding the house. 

Same Sunday. 

I'd like to get a long run in there somewhere, maybe if I can get a head start on packing and my packing "to do" list is a little accomplished.  Yes, then I can fit it all in. 

• Options
    Tomorrow I need to finish up DD's cape for her halloween costume.  I thought that attaching the hood to the rest of the cape would be the hard part, but that went surprisingly well - - but now the hem is giving me major struggles.  Every time I finish pinning it, then put it on her, the hem is all wonky.  I'm going to pin it while she's wearing it tomorrow, IF I can get her to stand still for long enough.  Ugh.  Any helpful hints would be appreciated.
    On Sunday, we are going to see The Lion King (stage version.)  I AM SO EXCITED.  I have wanted to see this for years and years and years.  :)
  • Options
    I'm pissed that it's going get back into the 70's.  The only thing about it that makes me happy is that I can turn off the heat (which I already did this morning).  But I really wanted to do a fire this weekend and it seems silly to do one when it's going to be so warm outside. 
  • Options

Lion King is AWESOME!

I have an interview tonight.  It's some data entry work from home thing.  I keep thinking it's some sort of scam or MLM.  It's someone from the neighborhood but she doesn't need any resume or application and has skirted the issue of what the company is and does. 

I'm sort of just thinking: worst case I spend 30 mins at Panera and pick up something for breakfast.  Best case it's legit and I work a couple hours a day for grocery money.

• Options

We are having dinner with my parents tonight and then heading to a housewarming party for one of DH's business friends.  

Tomorrow we are cleaning the last 2 rooms in preparation for winter (I'm apparently a fall cleaner, not a spring cleaner) and then going to a Halloween party.  Friend is making chashu pork, ajitsuke tamago, and tonkotsu ramen.  I don't really know what any of it is, but I wanna eat it all!  

Sunday is the anniversary of one of our favorite restaurants in town.  It happens to be a high-end steakhouse and they always do a buy one, get one free on their steaks.  And it's not just crappy filets either; last time they had a ribeye that was handtrimmed and so, so, SO delicious.  We haven't been in forever b/c of finances, so we're really looking forward to it.

All in all, it sounds like a good weekend.

I have no idea what the heck is going on with all of my font.

• Options
    AuntFlo said:
    On Sunday, we are going to see The Lion King (stage version.)  I AM SO EXCITED.  I have wanted to see this for years and years and years.  :)
    Is it Lion King, the Musical?  We saw it when it was on tour here last fall and had such a great time.  It was longer than I expected.  (<-- That's what she said.)

Our weekend:

I'm trying to decide if I'm being overly ambitious tomorrow.  DD has soccer at 10:00, but tomorrow is picture day and for whatever reason, her team's time slot is 9:00.  DH and I want to take the kids to the pumpkin patch afterward--the weather is supposed to be gorgeous, and we've been going there ever since DD was 4 mo. old.  It's a half hour drive from soccer, but I think if I get everyone fueled up with snacks/drinks, we should be okay.  (If DS falls asleep in the car, so much the better.)  Grab a quick lunch afterward, and maybe (hopefully) both kids will fall asleep on the drive home.  Poor DD has swim at 4:30, so I don't want to exhaust her, but we're pretty much out of time for pumpkins, so we're going to do our best to cram it all in.  I'm tossing dinner in the crockpot before we leave for soccer so everyone can just crash after swim.

DD doesn't know it yet, but we're taking them to the amusement park Sunday.  She asked to go all last summer, but I was hugely pregnant and temps/humidity were both in the 90's--there was just no way.  And then DS was born, and then they closed for the season.  She asked again this summer, and I really don't know where the time went:  moving, a couple of trips, swim and soccer and birthday parties, and we just never really had a free day.  They close for the season a week from Sunday, so we are taking the kids this Sunday while the weather is still supposed to be gorgeous. 

But jeez, seriously, I have no idea where October has gone, let alone the entire summer/early fall.  When I think about Halloween being a week from today, I kind of want to breathe into a paper bag. 
  • Options
    This afternoon DH and I are going to a lumber yard to look at trim, then I have a haircut and a few errands to run before picking the kids up. Saturday, DH is supposed to work on the floors more and while he does that I am taking the kids on an ambitious trip to IKEA. After IKEA I'm going to my parent's house to see my grandparents and my mom wants to take DS to her church for a fall festival. Sunday I have no idea what we are doing. I need to keep the kids entertained and away from the downstairs.
  • Options

Tomorrow I'm getting together with Min and running some errands after.

Sunday, I'm meeting another friend after church for lunch.

It's my week of reconnecting with people I haven't seen in awhile.

• Options
    Tell min hi. I hope she is well.
  • Options
    6, I sure will..
  • Options
    Yes, we miss her!! I keep hoping she'll pop in to say hi.  
  • Options
    Tomorrow I'm trying on my dress.  Super nervous because I had it made and all I have right now is a concept in my head.  No idea how the finished product turned out. 

Probably just being lazy the rest of the weekend.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards