Chit Chat

Lurker Intro and MLB?

Re: Lurker Intro and MLB?

• Oh and last time I needed a suit, I got it at express!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• We're getting married at the Bronx Zoo. I love Binghamton! The mets have a farm team there. When's your wedding?
  • luckya23 said:
    Oh and last time I needed a suit, I got it at express!

I'm intimidated by express, I only look in their clearance bins!
  • lulu0405 said:

We're getting married at the Bronx Zoo.

I love Binghamton! The mets have a farm team there. When's your wedding?

Oh that's amazing! We went there the day after we said "I love you" so I have good lovey memories there!
    My wedding is 6/27/15, how about you?

And I don't normally shop at express either but it wasn't easy to find a suit! This was several years ago when I was looking for a job and now it wouldn't even fit! What a waste...

• Our date is 10/3/15. Suits are hard for me! My booty is too big for dress pants! What stage a
    luckya23 said:
    We're getting married at the Bronx Zoo. I love Binghamton! The mets have a farm team there. When's your wedding?
    Oh that's amazing! We went there the day after we said "I love you" so I have good lovey memories there! My wedding is 6/27/15, how about you? And I don't normally shop at express either but it wasn't easy to find a suit! This was several years ago when I was looking for a job and now it wouldn't even fit! What a waste...

Our date is 10/3/15. Suits are hard for me! My booty is too big for dress pants! Where are you at with planning? We have our venue and photographer (I think! We sent our check 3 weeks ago and she hasn't deposited it yet!). We're contacting DJs now. Cake is gonna be hard for me because I have a ton of food allergies. Knotties, would you hate it if we had a small cutting cate that my. Mom made and cupcakes for everyone else? Tell me the truth!
  • lulu0405 said:
    We're getting married at the Bronx Zoo. I love Binghamton! The mets have a farm team there. When's your wedding?
    STAHP IT.  I am so jealous.  That, or the Museum of Natural History, was our dream venue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• lulu0405 said:
    STAHP IT.  I am so jealous.  That, or the Museum of Natural History, was our dream venue.

Thank you! We're super excited.... We went to college in the bronx and met at an alumni event. We're planning to do our first look on the college campus, and also get a few pictures at the dive bar where we met. Howl at the moon, anyone?
  • Welcome!!!   I really don't care about the WS, but we're cheering for KC cos we hate the Giants.  We were in SF this past May and tried to buy tickets to a game.  We bought them from a guy on the street (yes, we knew it was a risk, but didn't realize how much till later, and we were prepared if we lost the cash).  

Anyway, the tickets wouldn't scan and we were directed to the ticket office where we were informed that the Giants gives 2 sets of every ticket to season ticket holders, so most paper copies are scalped while the online version is used to get into the game.  Apparently this happens to several hundred tickets per game minimum.  Really??  Two sets of tickets??  Of course they're all being hawked on the street.  Who wouldn't want to make free cash and then go watch the game with the other set of tickets.

We have season tickets to both hockey and football here (us with friends and family), and while they offer paper or online, you only get 1.  You have to choose your ticket form.  You don't get both.   Ever since  we learned about that stupid policy, we hate the Giants.  

• Hello there Lulu! Sorry don't watch baseball! Just moved straight from Canadian hockey to English soccer lol! Somebody said cupcakes???! I love cupcakes. I'm having a traditional wedding cake with cupcakes and cake pops. But everyone will be able to have everything. Is this what you were thinking of doing?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome! I hate sports and have only had positive experiences with NY &Co.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Hello! Yankees fan here but H and I are rooting for the Giants - unpop opinion it seems! Last night's game was intense!

As far as NY&Co goes, I've never really loved their stuff, mainly bc it doesn't fit me well. I get the vast majority of my work clothes from The Limited, Ann Taylor Loft or Target. Pants only come from the Limited.
  • Welcome! I'm a Yankees fan but I'm rooting for the Royals.

I've found the quality at NY & Co to really be subpar. I'm not surprised your pants fell apart! Though that sucks massively. Thankfully I can wear jeans to work everyday so no more working pants for me!

Getting married at the Bronx zoo sounds all kinds of awesome.
  • I live in KC - it's a pretty exciting time because the Royals have straight-up sucked for such a long time!  I hope they win....although that being said - all sports bore the ever-loving shit out of me.  Baseball is the least offensive to me - football is the WORST.  I don't watch any of it, just find out the scores on the news in the morning for the Royals.

• I live in KC - it's a pretty exciting time because the Royals have straight-up sucked for such a long time!  I hope they win....although that being said - all sports bore the ever-loving shit out of me.  Baseball is the least offensive to me - football is the WORST.  I don't watch any of it, just find out the scores on the news in the morning for the Royals.
    I'm in KC too. I always just check the scores after the game so I know what's going on. I'm from STL though, so I will always root for the Cardinals. 
    Anniversary

• penguin44 said:
    I live in KC - it's a pretty exciting time because the Royals have straight-up sucked for such a long time!  I hope they win....although that being said - all sports bore the ever-loving shit out of me.  Baseball is the least offensive to me - football is the WORST.  I don't watch any of it, just find out the scores on the news in the morning for the Royals.
    I'm in KC too. I always just check the scores after the game so I know what's going on. I'm from STL though, so I will always root for the Cardinals. 
    FI is from the STL area (shockingly, since he's in the Army, somehow I lucked out with finding an Army man from fairly close to home! Makes it easy to visit both sides of family for holidays), so he's happy rooting for either the Cards or the Royals (although God love him, he cares about sports just as little as I do so it's not an issue!).  

• Welcome! I only watch baseball when we drive down to Seattle when the Blue Jays are in town. 

Anniversary
  • lulu0405 said:
    Are you or FI from Pittsburgh? I've always wanted to go to a baseball game there; the stadium is supposed to be beautiful! My pants from NY&C were on clearance for $29! Maybe that's why they fell apart. I'll try Ann Taylor next, I love their tops. Pants are hard for me! Also, this game has taken a bad turn!
    Whooooops. I responded to you and then pretty much immediately fell asleep! 

FI is not from Pittsburgh originally, but lives there now. I'll be moving there by the end of the year. 

PNC Park is awesome. If you ever go, make sure to check your seats on that View from My Seat website. In certain parts of the park, you get an incredible view of the city. 
  • Baseball always made me want to cry I was so bored (even though I played softball) until we started playing that game where you pass the cup around and bet on what the batter will do. That and hotdogs. And beer. It makes it tolerable.

These are my boys.....

I'm die-hard.

Also, I don't wear pants.
  • lc07 said:
    Also, I don't wear pants.

Of course you don't ......
    I don't follow baseball, but my SO umpires for our local league things, so I like going to see the kids play sometimes.  I've never bought from NY & Co. so I can't comment on that.
  • lulu0405 said:
    Our date is 10/3/15. Suits are hard for me! My booty is too big for dress pants! What stage a
    luckya23 said:
    Oh that's amazing! We went there the day after we said "I love you" so I have good lovey memories there! My wedding is 6/27/15, how about you? And I don't normally shop at express either but it wasn't easy to find a suit! This was several years ago when I was looking for a job and now it wouldn't even fit! What a waste...

Our date is 10/3/15. Suits are hard for me! My booty is too big for dress pants! Where are you at with planning? We have our venue and photographer (I think! We sent our check 3 weeks ago and she hasn't deposited it yet!). We're contacting DJs now. Cake is gonna be hard for me because I have a ton of food allergies. Knotties, would you hate it if we had a small cutting cate that my. Mom made and cupcakes for everyone else? Tell me the truth!

I'm the same, with the venue & photographer! Since I loathe the idea of paying a DJ so much, I have put it off until now, but I finally contacted one I think we will use the other day.

I'm a bad, bad planner.  I don't actually want to do any of it :-P

My FI went to college in the Bronx too! (way before we met - I am old)  He went to SUNY Maritime.

• I'm a Yankees fan although i don't follow baseball. It's just the team my family likes, they're all from the city.

And getting married at the Bronx zoo is my dream!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Hi! My FI and I are Mets fans, though I'm mostly a Mets fan by association because I never really followed baseball (or most sports) before him so I just adopted all his teams haha.  Poor mets *sigh*  and I'm also an October 2015 bride, yippee! I live in NJ, though I grew up in Queens/Long Island.
  • Hi! My FI and I are Mets fans, though I'm mostly a Mets fan by association because I never really followed baseball (or most sports) before him so I just adopted all his teams haha.  Poor mets *sigh*  and I'm also an October 2015 bride, yippee! I live in NJ, though I grew up in Queens/Long Island.

Yeah I was raised as a Mets fan by default of being born in Queens. Now I'm with DH (Nebraska born) rooting for the Royals. He even has a Royals hat he wears all the time! But my involvement basically consists of keeping track of the score via the alternating whoops of joy and curses coming from the living room :)
  • lulu0405 said:

MLB talk.... Hunter pence annoys me, but I'd love him if he were a met!

Ok, coming out of hiding....Giants fan here. It's been a pretty good series so far, definitely glad to see a team like KC in the WS.

@lulu0405‌ Pence is a nut..one of my favorite players. I mean, how many MLB'ers ride a scooter to and from games?
  • MLB talk.... Hunter pence annoys me, but I'd love him if he were a met!
    Ok, coming out of hiding....Giants fan here. It's been a pretty good series so far, definitely glad to see a team like KC in the WS. @lulu0405‌ Pence is a nut..one of my favorite players. I mean, how many MLB'ers ride a scooter to and from games?
    I saw a sign at last night's game that said: "hunter pence and creepy rob Lowe are friends!" I'm still rooting for the royals but I also like to hudson because a met almost ended his career!
  • MLB talk.... Hunter pence annoys me, but I'd love him if he were a met!
    Ok, coming out of hiding....Giants fan here. It's been a pretty good series so far, definitely glad to see a team like KC in the WS. @lulu0405‌ Pence is a nut..one of my favorite players. I mean, how many MLB'ers ride a scooter to and from games?
    I saw a sign at last night's game that said: "hunter pence and creepy rob Lowe are friends!" I'm still rooting for the royals but I also like to hudson because a met almost ended his career!
  • doeydo said:
    I don't follow baseball, but my SO umpires for our local league things, so I like going to see the kids play sometimes.  I've never bought from NY & Co. so I can't comment on that.
    Love Ralph forever!
  • I'm late to the party, but I like your name :)

And if great minds think alike, the 0405 also probably means you're getting married April 5? We're getting married April 11 :D
    Anniversary

• edited March 2015
    @lulu0405 I would LOVE to hear about your wedding I'm getting married there in October!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards