Canada-Ontario

Jack and Jill (Stag and Doe) Are they worth having anymore?

We are thinking of holding one in Toronto but not sure if they are worth having. We have heard mixed reviews from actually taking a lose to making a reasonable amount of money.

Anyone have an opinion?

Re: Jack and Jill (Stag and Doe) Are they worth having anymore?

• I personally have never attended a stag and doe/jack and jill (and I have been invited to them) because I don't personally feel that I should be funding a couple's wedding. Sorry, not sorry. I think a lot of people share my feelings because more and more people are choosing not attend these events and fewer and fewer couples are attempting to have them. This may be why some couples report taking a loss on the event. You may be better off putting the money you were planning on using to have the stag and doe towards your wedding itself or honeymoon.
  • ahyatt87 said:
    I personally have never attended a stag and doe/jack and jill (and I have been invited to them) because I don't personally feel that I should be funding a couple's wedding. Sorry, not sorry. I think a lot of people share my feelings because more and more people are choosing not attend these events and fewer and fewer couples are attempting to have them. This may be why some couples report taking a loss on the event. You may be better off putting the money you were planning on using to have the stag and doe towards your wedding itself or honeymoon.
    THIS.

I'm not good enough to invite to your wedding, but I'm good enough to fund it?  I'll pass.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• ahyatt87 said:
    I personally have never attended a stag and doe/jack and jill (and I have been invited to them) because I don't personally feel that I should be funding a couple's wedding. Sorry, not sorry. I think a lot of people share my feelings because more and more people are choosing not attend these events and fewer and fewer couples are attempting to have them. This may be why some couples report taking a loss on the event. You may be better off putting the money you were planning on using to have the stag and doe towards your wedding itself or honeymoon.
    All of this. Please don't have one!

Raising funds is for charities; your wedding is not a charity.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards