DIY Wedding Forum

DIY Uplighting

I was wondering if there was a way to do up lighting yourself. I know there are websites you can rent from, but I don't want to be worrying about it not showing up in the mail the day before the wedding. Please let me know if you have done this before or how i would go about doing this. Was thinking about buying my own lights but I'm not exactly sure where I would go. Please help. I want to save money not spend $300 just on up lighting.

Re: DIY Uplighting

• I checked out www.diyuplighting.com before I knew our dj could supply uplighting. They let you rent for 7 days, so they probably ship a few days in advance just to make sure the lights are there in time. That being said, I haven't used this service so I'd check out some reviews if you are considering using them.

• There are some great resources on this site: http://www.projectwedding.com/forums/diy-uplight-pictures

Looks like you purchase the par cans (the things the lights go in), then the pars (the lights) and then some gel sheets to make different colors.  Let us know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards