Wedding Woes

Morning

This is the first year that DH and I are less than a week away from our anniversary and we have no 'plan' on how we're going to celebrate it.  We just talked last night about trying to get out to dinner, but I don't think we're going to be able to do it for 2 weeks due to frillions of plans on our part or the part of our 'sitters'.  It just feels lost in the shuffle...blerg. 

I wish Lowe's had a reward program (beyond using their credit card) because with the amount of $$ we've been spending there, we could put a dent in our kitchen/flooring projects that we want to pursue next year.  The MyLowes card is a joke. Bah. 

It's going to be cold as balls on Halloween.  I think we may be driving our kids around for ToT.  I may make some mulled cider to warm us up when we get home with the loot. :) 

Re: Morning

• DH and I got the rest of the things we needed for our costumes, now I just need to put them together.

ToT is tomorrow night here.  It's going to be chilly and it might rain tomorrow afternoon.

I'm having some kind of reaction to some new makeup on my eyelids.  I'm assuming it's the makeup, anyway.  They're itchy and have bumps.  You can't see the bumps unless I put my face up to the light and close my eyes, but they're there.  I have switched makeups before and have never had this issue.
  • Taw-that sounds like a contact dermatitis, which would be related to either soap, lotion or makeup (captain obvious).  Just let them be for about 3-5 days, and then see how that works.  *gets off soapbox*

Conn--H gave me an anniversary card 1 week later than our anniversary because he didn't plan ahead and we came back into town during our anniversary.  It was kind of funny, because usually I'm the one who's scrambling---but he was kind enough to do it a week later.  The thought that counts and all, right?  It's still nice to stop and remember the special day though.

H and are picking up a used lawn tractor tonight, I'm unusually excited about it.  Sick, I know.  So there is that....and I have lots of paperwork to do today and don't want to.  That too.  And then...I'm still STARVING from Monday's rundebacle. 

And we don't even have carved pumpkins!!!!  I just remembered this (for about the 10th time).  I should see if H wants to do that tonight.  Maybe?  Maybe not? 

• We weren't going to buy a mower until later, but DH found a spectacular deal on a 2014 zero turn that has a good engine (Kohler?...Kawasaki?) and so we talked it over and we're going to get it.  He just has to call the mower shop and make sure they still have it (there was only one left). I'm so glad that's settled.  I'm o-v-e-r the mower conversation.  He's talked at me about it for months (because I really don't care nor have anything constructive to add to the conversation). 

We didn't do pumpkins this year.  I wish we could have made it to the pumpkin patch, but it just wasn't in the cards. I mean, I just pulled my crap together and figured out (and ordered) DefConn's costume yesterday. 
  • Our pumpkins are already melting in on themselves.  Poor 6let worked so hard and it's not going to make it to TorT.

I've got veggie soup prepped for dinner and chicken stock simmering already.  I'm waiting to see if my meeting gets changed from 7 pm margaritas to 9:30 at the church.  If it's not changed were heading to an indoor play place.  It's only $2 and yet I'm going to need to rob piggy banks to get in.

• ftrMrs0 said:

Taw-that sounds like a contact dermatitis, which would be related to either soap, lotion or makeup (captain obvious).  Just let them be for about 3-5 days, and then see how that works.  *gets off soapbox*

Thanks.  I did see contact dermatitis in my googles but it didn't say how long it should take to go away.

I'm bummed, too.  I was really liking the way the makeup was looking.
  • tawillers said:
    ftrMrs0 said:

Taw-that sounds like a contact dermatitis, which would be related to either soap, lotion or makeup (captain obvious).  Just let them be for about 3-5 days, and then see how that works.  *gets off soapbox*

Thanks.  I did see contact dermatitis in my googles but it didn't say how long it should take to go away.

that sucks.  :(  What is the make-up brand?  
  • 6, soup sounds so good to me.  It's supposed to be near 80 today, but you can take the girl out of the Midwest...

I am really looking forward to Halloween. 

Also, DD went to school looking like a complete urchin.  She has this thing about doing her own hair, which, fine, she's always been super independent.  Today she had some kind of ponytail and a random assortment of half a dozen or so barrettes.  Not going to hurt anything, so I make my peace with it.  Then she puts on a bright pink sweater dress (see also, high of 80, above), over teal star-print fleece pants (that are also getting to be a smidge too short), with purple patent leather shoes that she has somehow worn the purple off the toe of one of them.  I suggested she may be too warm in a sweater dress and fleece pants, but she was quite confident that she'd be fine.  I suggested her pants were getting short ("look how much you've grown!") and she declared them perfect.  Okay, fine, she's fed and clean and healthy and loved, if that's what she wants to wear [deep breath], so be it.  Have a great day at school, you know?

But part of me wanted to put a note in her backpack:  "Dear Teacher, I promise the Woozle is not neglected, I know it looks like we don't give a shit but I swear that that's not the case.  Love, Heffa."
  • Conn---We're going tractor vs. zero turn because of the other applications tractors provide.  We'll need a larger blower and I'm excited to use both things.  I'm weird though...I love to zone out and do hard labor.  LOL.  So H has been scanning CL for a month or so, and we saw this one, and we're happy to have it settled and just give the guy money and be done with it.

Also, it could be Kawasaki OR Kohler, because they're both engines that are very common.  So yeah, sick that I know that.  ;)

• tawillers said:
    ftrMrs0 said:

that sucks.  :(  What is the make-up brand?  
    It's Maybelline Dream Pure BB.

It's supposed to be a tinted acne treatment.  Actually, now that I think of it, I did use a face wash Saturday morning before I used it.  I wonder if that irritated my eyelids.  It does say not to use another treatment at the same time and I knew that and stopped over the weekend, but I did use it Sat morning.  The itchiness showed up Sun night.  Hmmm.
  • I think you've figured it out Taw.  I hardly ever wash my eyelids, so sensitive that whole stinking area.
  • I'm irritated this morning. DH is still being an asshole. DD is teething and she's a tiny monster. At least DS was in a good mood.
  • @6fsn - did he leave a little vodka in the box for you?  That would really be a treat :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards