Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Violin music ideas?

Ok so my FH and I both love the violin and his cousin's daughter plays the violin. We asked her if she wanted to play a song for when I walk down the aisle( it is going to be held the same place we have our recepction, non church and outside) and she said she would love to and will practice with her teacher, just let her know what song. Does anyone have any ideas for songs? I wanted to walk down the aisle to Damien Rice's "Blower's Daughter" but my FH does not like Damien's voice so unless we find someone to sing that's out of the question.

Re: Violin music ideas?

• Options
    Ok so my FH and I both love the violin and his cousin's daughter plays the violin. We asked her if she wanted to play a song for when I walk down the aisle( it is going to be held the same place we have our recepction, non church and outside) and she said she would love to and will practice with her teacher, just let her know what song. Does anyone have any ideas for songs? I wanted to walk down the aisle to Damien Rice's "Blower's Daughter" but my FH does not like Damien's voice so unless we find someone to sing that's out of the question.
    Why does it have to have the vocals? Could she just play an instrumental version of that song? Most weddings I've been to have used instrumentals for processionals anyway.

• Options
    I agree, I personally think it's strange to process with anything but instrumental (I'm sure people do it, but I've never seen it).  If you love the song, use the violin part!
  • Options

I agree about just doing the instrumental version.  Even if you like the lyrics of the song for a wedding, it will still hold that sentimental value to you. 

We knew up front that we wanted something instrumental, but something with some meaning to it.  I initially suggested Nothing Else Matters by Metallica as a joke because the lyrics were fitting... but then I found a piano instrumental of it and the idea kind of grew on us.  And that's what I walked down the aisle to.  Everyone loved it (especially the few that recognized the song) and now I can't help but smile every time I hear that song on the radio.  Even if it's the not the same version, I know its the same song and know that we chose the song based on the lyrics, even if the lyrics weren't played at the wedding.

So you can definitely do just the instrumental/violin part without it losing it's meaning to you.

• Options
    I love the lyrics to the song and thought it would fit perfectly(I can't take my eyes off of you) but you guys are absolutely right! Usually it's instrumental. I will have to listen to just the music. If not, any other violin instrumentals you guys recommend?
  • Options
    I love the lyrics to the song and thought it would fit perfectly(I can't take my eyes off of you) but you guys are absolutely right! Usually it's instrumental. I will have to listen to just the music. If not, any other violin instrumentals you guys recommend?
    Well you'll still know what the words would be saying, even though they're not being sung! Otherwise, I did a lot of YouTube listening when I was looking for ceremony music. Lots of the instrumentals include links to where you can buy the sheet music.

• Options
    We had a violinist at our wedding.  For the processional he played "Butterfly Waltz" and then when I walked down the aisle he played "Canon in D".
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards