Chit Chat

What a fucking mess.

2»

Re: What a fucking mess.

• beethery said:
    I need to start a service for making "FUCK OFF" phone calls. Free if it goes to voicemail.
    Can I go in on this with you? I'm fucking amazing at it.

And OP, fuuuuck everybody in your situation. Seriously.
  • I was really tempted to email the photog back and let her know how I felt about all her sanctimonious scolding and attitude, along with her total lack of professionalism (in her email she mentioned how professional she is, in case I forgot to mention that) but I've decided to just ignore her and let her sail off into the sunset to Bitch Land where my sister is waiting for her. 

Here's what would happen if I tried to stand up for myself in this case: 
    1) Photog would have some snappy comeback since she apparently seems to believe that she has some sort of superiority here (with comments like "you only get one family"). Cool thanks for letting me know. 
    2) Photog will also run and tell my sister
    3) My sister and photog will combine their powers of bitchery to blow this up into me once again being the evil villain and they are the delicate little victims 
    4) Evil sister will then use that as fuel to run to my mother and tell her again what a terrible person I am 
    5) I then receive a long sobby email and/or text from said mother, guilt-tripping me and being very theatrical about the whole thing, while very poorly concealing her favoritism for Evil sister and her lies. 

I've been to this rodeo before.  
    No one can guilt trip you unless you let them. . . You control whether or not you feel guilty about something.

You say your been to this rodeo before, well you need to stop participating in it altogether. In your OP you tell us you allowed your mother to guilt trip you into contacting your sister. Honey, fuck that noise! Seriously, stop engaging your mother and sister period. They are manipulating you like rodeo clowns.

Hang up the phone, walk out of the room whenever your mother starts her bullshit with you. She and your sister seek drama and they are codependent/fused. Stop engaging them when they try to suck you in.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• So my mom mentioned something about my sister today and I said this:
    "I apologized to her, which is more than I needed to do. I'm an adult, I don't need to engage in her emotionally abusive bullshit anymore. And I'm done talking about her and her nonsense."
    To which my mom said, "You're right, you were the bigger person again and now the ball is in her court. I think she's dead wrong, and she's never going to find happiness in life if this is the way she handles things. But I'm proud of the decisions you've made." And then she changed the subject and we had a normal conversation. Go figure.

Look at me, guys, I'm growing up! Now I know what to do/say next time my sister comes after me, and now I don't have to feel like shit about the crazy stuff she says. That's just her craziness. Has nothing to do with me. And I don't have to engage in it!

You guys are such good therapists.  

Yay!  Proud of you! Keep sticking to your guns.  Ryan approves.

• Haha thanks! I really don't know what I would do without you guys. I joined the boards for wedding stuff. Didn't think I'd end up fixing life-long problems too.
  • Aw, hell yeah, Novella!! That's awesome!
  • Yay! What a wonderful and unexpected response from your mom!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards