Chit Chat

And then there's the people who are BSC in a good way

My aunt and I are really close. She's fucking awesome. She lives on the other side of the country so I've been trying my best to keep her in the loop with wedding stuff via email and phone calls cuz she doesn't have kids of her own and really wants to be involved at least a little bit. 

She's also totally nuts (which is part of why I love her so much) and is known/shunned as the black sheep of the family. I'd consider myself the black sheep too, especially with how much the recent family drama has alienated me from certain people, which is just another thing that she and I bond over and I know she always has my back. She has even sworn to fly out to where my sister lives and slap her on my behalf (joking of course!). So I'm the only one who loves that she's nuts. Everyone else is too busy judging from the saddle of their high horse. (I've mentioned before that my family is super quick to point out others' flaws and make nasty comments about them, but not so quick to recognize their own flaws.) 

Well today she e-mails me stating that she has decided I should wear a headdress for my wedding like the ones "those beautiful elves wear in Lord of the Rings." She thinks these headdresses are just the epitome of beauty and I must have one. But mine must be custom made, out of pure silver, of course. So she's going to fly me out to where she lives, and I'm going to meet with the local Native American artists in the area to design it and have it created just for me. Then she'll fly me back out for any necessary last-minute changes, and of course she'll also pay for shipping on the headdress. She just knows a veil won't be good enough for me, and I'm not the type to wear a veil (I haven't told her yet that I already picked out a veil). And I look like Kate Blanchet in my wedding dress anyway which is just perfect -- obviously her words, not mine! 

Her email made me giggle, but also made me feel so loved! Out of all the crazy that goes on in my family, I am so so so glad that one of us is crazy in a good way! 

Who else has a crazy-in-a-good-way relative?

Re: And then there's the people who are BSC in a good way

• She sounds lovely! My family is all on the practical/cool/sane or NUTS and DIFFICULT side. Not a lot of in between.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • I think I'm the crazy one of my family. 

Or at least I'm the crazy people can deal with. Yeah I'm weird but I don't get mean or burn stuff down, which isn't beyond some of my family.

Anniversary
  • chibiyui said:
    I think I'm the crazy one of my family. 

Or at least I'm the crazy people can deal with. Yeah I'm weird but I don't get mean or burn stuff down, which isn't beyond some of my family.
    This just made me laugh 
  • Soooo are you going to do the headdress? That would be so badass. You could always switch out your veil to the headdress in between the ceremony and reception.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That's awesome! 

My great aunt was like that; she marched proudly to her own damn drummer for her entire life. She was engaged once when she was young, and when it fell through, she just said "yup, fuck it" and spent the rest of her life living wherever she wanted. She was a nurse, so she could get a job anywhere. She'd pick a place, research it, get a job and move there, and then a few years later when she got bored, rinse and repeat. 

When I turned 18, she was living in Casper, Wyoming. I said I didn't really want to waste away in my hometown (super dramatic 18 year old...), so she bought me a plane ticket and said "Hey, come stay with me!" I went for the summer and then flew back home when I realized that I didn't really want to live in Wyoming, either. We had so much fun. She was the coolest. 
  • Soooo are you going to do the headdress? That would be so badass. You could always switch out your veil to the headdress in between the ceremony and reception.
    lol I'm actually tempted, now that I've googled what they look like. They're a lot prettier and more normal-looking than what I had pictured. But she wants it custom made out of silver, by legit artists. I'm sure that's not cheap, and I don't want her to spend a bunch of money on something I would surely only wear once :/
  • esstee33 said:
    That's awesome! 

My great aunt was like that; she marched proudly to her own damn drummer for her entire life. She was engaged once when she was young, and when it fell through, she just said "yup, fuck it" and spent the rest of her life living wherever she wanted. She was a nurse, so she could get a job anywhere. She'd pick a place, research it, get a job and move there, and then a few years later when she got bored, rinse and repeat. 

When I turned 18, she was living in Casper, Wyoming. I said I didn't really want to waste away in my hometown (super dramatic 18 year old...), so she bought me a plane ticket and said "Hey, come stay with me!" I went for the summer and then flew back home when I realized that I didn't really want to live in Wyoming, either. We had so much fun. She was the coolest. 
    Sounds just like my aunt! She was married for a short time and then left the guy cuz he was a jerk. She moved all around the country and lived wherever she wanted, in all kinds of cool places. She told me a story about when she did LSD in the 70s at this cabin in the mountains and then laid in bed and listened to the rain hitting the tin roof lol. She still lives by herself and just does whatever she wants and makes no apologies. 

I love it! 
  • This ain't so bad... a little too celtic-ish for my style but not so bad. 
  • Shit, I hope she wasn't talking about this one lol 
    ee6.jpg 32.3K
  • If you get it, we want pics, or else. =)

• levioosa said:
    If you get it, we want pics, or else. =)

SIB

haha deal! 
  • I'll be posting on here in a month; "OMG this whole custom elven headdress process is insaaaaaane guys!" 
  • I think you're calling the wrong part of your family BSC and the black sheep. Your aunt sounds freaking awesome and should count herself lucky she doesn't have to deal with the drama anymore! 

If you go for the crown, definitely post pics. I bet it's going to be beautiful!
  • If you google elven headdress there are some pretty awesome looking ones.. Could even combo it for veil
  • I'm in love with your aunt. I grew up with a lot of happy crazy but a few favorites:

My uncles decided it was their responsibility to introduce my sister and me to alcohol. How did they do this? They bought one of the painted bottles of Perrier Jouet for us to share when we visited (we were 11 or 12). They had my parents' permission but they spoiled us for cheap champagne for years to come!

When my aunt heard we adopted a dog, she sent a huge box of toys and fancy treats, all wrapped up in baby paper with a sweet card about adoption. Adorably ridiculous (particularly given how much she spent!).

Don't you just love fun crazy!?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • BrandNewJ said:
    I think you're calling the wrong part of your family BSC and the black sheep. Your aunt sounds freaking awesome and should count herself lucky she doesn't have to deal with the drama anymore! 

If you go for the crown, definitely post pics. I bet it's going to be beautiful!
    Unfortunately on my dad's side of the family you truly are the black sheep if you're not cold-hearted and extremely self-absorbed. Most of them aren't even invited to my wedding. When my parents started dating they all called my mom a white trash hillbilly solely based on the fact that she grew up on a farm in Indiana.
  • I'm in love with your aunt. I grew up with a lot of happy crazy but a few favorites:

My uncles decided it was their responsibility to introduce my sister and me to alcohol. How did they do this? They bought one of the painted bottles of Perrier Jouet for us to share when we visited (we were 11 or 12). They had my parents' permission but they spoiled us for cheap champagne for years to come!

When my aunt heard we adopted a dog, she sent a huge box of toys and fancy treats, all wrapped up in baby paper with a sweet card about adoption. Adorably ridiculous (particularly given how much she spent!).

Don't you just love fun crazy!?
    I absolutely love both of these stories!
  • BrandNewJ said:
    I think you're calling the wrong part of your family BSC and the black sheep. Your aunt sounds freaking awesome and should count herself lucky she doesn't have to deal with the drama anymore! 

Unfortunately on my dad's side of the family you truly are the black sheep if you're not cold-hearted and extremely self-absorbed. Most of them aren't even invited to my wedding. When my parents started dating they all called my mom a white trash hillbilly solely based on the fact that she grew up on a farm in Indiana.

Holy shit.
  • Fun crazy is the best kind. Screw your messy BSC family and go hang out with your aunt. And then show us pictures of your fantabulous elven headdress.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I want a do over weddings so I can wear one of these!!! 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards