New Jersey

wedding day

hi how trying to find a place to have my wedding. I'm not trying to spend a lot. It's going to be May 16 2015. I had a place where I was having my wedding but she back out & took my money & wont answer the phone. I'm so sad now because I want to have a nice day & everything is falling apart. I have a 100-125 people & i'm stressing. so please can u help me with some cheap places. I live in newark nj

Re: wedding day

• What is your budget, inclusive of taxes and service fees?  Are you flexible enough to change the date?   Your current date is a Saturday (most popular day of the week) during one of the more popular months of the year.  You will see noticeable savings by not being tied to this date.
  • no I cant change the date. around 3000

• $3,000 to host 125 guests? 
  • Is that $3,000 just for the rental of the venue or is that your total budget? If that is your entire budget I have no idea where to tell you to look. That is $24 a person...I don't even know of any restaurants that have catering packages for that price per person. The least expensive I know of is an Italian restaurant by me but even that is $40 a person plus tax and gratuity for a Saturday night...and that is before DJ, officiant, flowers ect.

Can you maybe do a 1:00 ceremony and then just do cake and cocktails at like a VFW hall or fire house? That way you don't have to actually serve a meal and can just do wine and dessert. That is honestly the only thing I can think of for that many people at that budget.

I hope you are able to find someplace and sorry I could not be of more help.
  • I agree with @Jenn7778.  You'll probably need to look at having a ceremony at an off meal time, preferably around 2pm or 8pm.  (Any earlier and you risk people skipping that meal because they're getting ready/driving to your wedding.)  Serve cake and punch afterwards.

Did you send out save the dates?  If not, can you cut back your guest list?

Also curious as to your previous venue.  Did you have a contract?  Was this a reputable business?   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards