Wedding Woes

WHINE

1.  You know what sucks?  A porto pot at 30 degrees with wind.  Yeah, I was singing to myself "PEE FAST PEEEEE FAAASSST!".

2.  When your ear itches from the INSIDE.  How do you manage to fix that would looking like a weirdo?

What doesn't suck.  I have about 14 hours of work left this week.  WOO.

Feel free to add your own.

Re: WHINE

• IT'S RAINING. NOOOOO I HAVE LEAVES TO RAKE
  • Oh, Midwesterner problems.

• I'm reminded that I never took my black pea coat to the cleaners after last winter. That puppy picks up everything and my hair sheds like a dog, which doesn't help.
  • So you know how I ripped my toenail off partially? Well it's healing nicely. Except that it itches underneath where the nail was removed. And it's not like I can scratch it. The doctor says it's not fungus, it's part of the healing process. It's driving me crazy.

• Ugh, does toe scrunching help?  Probably not, but at least you aren't deformed for life, Pmeg.
  • O-face, you stick your finger in your ear and wiggle it up and down like a mad person.  YWIA, HTH!

I don't want to work, like at all.  I really need a vacation, but I'm trying to decide if I should wait until December and be able to shake out a full week or take a long weekend right now.
  • V- that works for the outside, but I'm talking like Eustachian tubes.  Like...that weird *honk* sound you make when you try to itch it from your throat and it just doesn't work.

• eustachian tubes? the sounds like science.

oface, time to try ear candling.
  • I've done ear candeling Hmo, and I remember it working.  I was also 10, and I still believed in Jareth so there is that too.

• I just spent way too long trying to figure out what WHINE was an acronym for.  What Happens In Nebraska?  What Hell Is New England?  Who Hates Ignoring New Earthlings?
  • Whence Hmo Is Not Enamored
  • i am trying to find a holiday card design i like but so many of them have CHEVRONS.
  • Ugh.  I know Hmo.  Don't they know that chevron makes baby Jesus cry? 
  • My new house is mostly a grey color scheme with pallets and chevron. It's pretty fab.
  • well, pmeg, you know what they say -- 

if it's not broke ... 
  • it's not baroque?
  • I have a migraine today. The only meds that remotely help make me feel kind-of woozy and make my muscles achy. Another fun side effect that I only found out about today was that warm/hot water on your hands will make them hurt so badly that you want to cut them off,  but the cold water wasn't bad at all. weird. I don't know if the side effects or migraine is worse, but since I was almost at the office when my head started to hurt, I opted for the meds. 

• sometimes the side effects are deathwish-inducing.

Try to enjoy the high? woozy/ness
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014

Oh I get you on the out-house/porta potty deal!!!  The worst is yet to come - when the **it freezes in there solid and on contact... 

1) The eldest is SUPER smart, problem is, she has ZERO work ethic!  Trying to be the parent when what you really want to do is say "screw it - if you flunk out of school it's on YOU!" - SUCKS! 

2) when the plow doesn't come through before the slush turns to ice - so everything is now a blasted skating rink around here.  My only hope is temps go up warm enough to melt it off so I don't have to use salt.

• For once I have nothing.

• My only whine is not really a whine, it's just that it's really cold here.  I arrived with the cold front, but I knew I was going to, and I also know what the weather is like here this time of year.  So I feel like I'm more resigned than anything.  But still, cold.  And windy!
  • For once I have nothing.

• 6fsn said:

For once I have nothing.

6fsn said:

For once I have nothing.

For twice :-P

I am at that state of so far behind that you want to tie TNT to the elephant rather than start at bite #1.
    Gasoline and matches p'raps?
  • GB, when it gets that bad for me, I actually start at the stuff I'm not behind on and work backwards, just so I stop feeling like crap.
  • I inherited a few hours of an assistant--which helped immensely because I've been SO so understaffed.
    I made him proofread and I accomplished more in the last 1.5 hours than in the previous 2 weeks.

Still drowning...I'd love to have my office burn down so I had an excuse :-P
  • I want to punch my computer.  They are doing an upgrade this coming weekend it's totally fucking our VPN and so I'm losing my connection several times a day.  It's maddening. 
  • Also, I have an itch in the middle of my back that I can't reach and it's driving me bonkers. 
  • Everything is coming up 6!! w00t! 
  • ftrMrs0 said:

1.  You know what sucks?  A porto pot at 30 degrees with wind.  Yeah, I was singing to myself "PEE FAST PEEEEE FAAASSST!".

2.  When your ear itches from the INSIDE.  How do you manage to fix that would looking like a weirdo?

What doesn't suck.  I have about 14 hours of work left this week.  WOO.

Feel free to add your own.

Use a Q-Tip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the most incredible feeling when you scratch it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards