Chit Chat

Kim K pics --- NSFW

Re: Kim K pics --- NSFW

• I'm not saying I like her or dislike her. I'm just going to throw this observation out there. Probably 1 million people saw the sex tape. Probably 50 million people saw these photos.

I didn't choose to see these- they were in my FB news feed and I had no way around knowing I was about to scroll and see it. Whereas, I would not intentionally track down and watch the sex tape. So I don't think they are the same thing AT ALL. There is a difference between "well I did this once if you wanna find it and watch it- that's your choice" and "here are my fucking titties that I know are going to go viral and be all up in your face- you don't have a choice".

• I just read an interesting take on the spread in this blog, questioning what something like this does to advance Kim as a brand (especially when she already reached a lofty unexpected pinnacle in her "carrer" aka Vogue) -> CLICKY

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • esstee33 said:

I am not pearl clutching about naked photos...of anyone. Or "slut shaming" or hating on women, etc.

I just get frustrated with society's obsession with people like this. Famous for being famous and plastic. In my opinion, it dilutes American culture.

I don't think anyone's comments were directed at you.  I have read enough of your posts to know that you would not shame other women, and you definitely are not a pearl clutcher. :)

I figured. But I think sometimes people jump to the conclusion that if someone is anti-this that its because they're naked pics or because woman hating.

I think its cool she has the confidence to do this. However andd a big however), I think plastic surgery, photo shopping, etc. to turn or a picture like this where she has barbie/Jessica rabbit/totally unnatural proportions and she gets SO much press about how awesome she looks... it reiterates a certain standard of beauty that is, in nature, unattainable. I think these kinds of things negatively impact women. So yea. There's my feminist rant.

********** Seriously, with the fucking boxes today. *************

I don't doubt that these specific photos were airbrushed, but the bolded is just not true. As I referenced in my previous post, some people actually do have these extreme waist/hip ratio proportions naturally. And you can look at other pictures of her, candid photos just out on the street, where her waist/hip ratio is pretty clearly visible and is just as extreme. There are also myriad pictures of her in bikinis. And thousands of selfies on her IG. That's not to say she's not wearing shapewear under her clothes, but to discount her entire body structure just because it's extreme and not common is just body-shaming. To me, it's the same thing as saying "it's OK to be fat because at least I'm not some skinny bitch." It's not cool to raise up one standard of beauty ("real" women have curves, etc.) at the expense of another. 

Granted, everyone defines feminism differently, but trashing other women because of their body shape doesn't seem all that feminist to me. 

I see your point but I don't agree with you. And I do not believe I am "body shaming" by saying that proliferating someone's altered image is harmful to women. If, in these photos, she was all natural without "fixing" or "enhancements", then cool. What I take issue with is altering a natural state (via Photoshop, plastic, whatever) in order to meet or exceed a certain beauty standard.
    *********************************************************************************

• amelishaamelisha member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    I don't disagree with the principle of your posts, esstee33, but I will add that Kim K did not have anything close to those proportions in, say, the early 2000s. She's always been curvaceous but I don't think there's much doubt she's had work done just because of the incredible difference. Women's bodies do change with weight gain, age, pregnancy, etc., but I think this one is way too exaggerated  compared to her early twenties to be plausible.

Personally, though, I don't have a problem with that if it makes her happy, whether or not she's confirming to beauty standards set out by our misogynistic society or whatever. None of us can say that we don't do SOMETHING to that end, be that wearing makeup, styling our hair, wearing certain clothes, whatever. I know not everything takes it as far as Kim K here, but yeah, if anyone is judging her for trying to live up to "unrealistic" standards of beauty they need to take a look at themselves unless they're living a no shaving, no makeup, no hairbrush, muumuu kinda life. Which is fine too.

I just...yeah. I don't even like this woman but I find myself inclined to defend her because I don't think she's doing anything wrong.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thoughts on this? If Kim Kardashian Had A Realistic Waistline http://bzfd.it/1tH4NBs
  • esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    amelisha said: I don't disagree with the principle of your posts, esstee33, but I will add that Kim K did not have anything close to those proportions in, say, the early 2000s. She's always been curvaceous but I don't think there's much doubt she's had work done just because of the incredible difference. Women's bodies do change with weight gain, age, pregnancy, etc., but I think this one is way too exaggerated  compared to her early twenties to be plausible.
    Personally, though, I don't have a problem with that if it makes her happy, whether or not she's confirming to beauty standards set out by our misogynistic society or whatever. None of us can say that we don't do SOMETHING to that end, be that wearing makeup, styling our hair, wearing certain clothes, whatever. I know not everything takes it as far as Kim K here, but yeah, if anyone is judging her for trying to live up to "unrealistic" standards of beauty they need to take a look at themselves unless they're living a no shaving, no makeup, no hairbrush, muumuu kinda life. Which is fine too.
    I just...yeah. I don't even like this woman but I find myself inclined to defend her because I don't think she's doing anything wrong.
    There's always a possibility that she's had work done. I mean, look at her face. She's very clearly OK with plastic surgery. What I'm saying is that it's shitty to say that her proportions can't possibly be natural without butt implants / other plastic surgery / photoshop. They can be, as many, many women who naturally have those proportions can show. 

But and plus also, just because her body was different in the early 2000s also doesn't prove that she's had work done. I was stick thin and had almost zero curves in my late teens / early 20s. In my mid 20s, my hips got significantly wider, and a 10 lb weight gain totally changed my body shape. I went from a size 0/2 pants (and sometimes children's sizes) at 21 to a 6/8/10 at 31. I went from almost zero curves at all to a .71 waist to hip ratio completely naturally. In my late 20s when I was working out regularly and doing squats and lunges, my ass was MASSIVE. That's my entire point. I have most certainly not had plastic surgery and I have the same "totally unnatural proportions" as she does. 
  • I couldn't care less about the photos, but what did bother me was that asinine article.  

I'm also on Team WTF Is Going On With Her Hair in that shoot.  

• I didn't say it's unrealistic and I don't think it's unrealistic. I just wanted to say that the PPs stating that Kim K specifically is unnatural are probably correct. I am aware that other women do naturally have that kind of shape.

I don't have any butt to speak of but I wear a 28G bra, so I feel your pain on this one, I do.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    amelisha said:
    I didn't say it's unrealistic and I don't think it's unrealistic. I just wanted to say that the PPs stating that Kim K specifically is unnatural are probably correct. I am aware that other women do naturally have that kind of shape.

I don't have any butt to speak of but I wear a 28G bra, so I feel your pain on this one, I do.
    No, you didn't. Southernbride did, which is who I've been responding to about the "totally unnatural proportions" comment. 
  • edited November 2014
    esstee33 said:
    amelisha said:
    I didn't say it's unrealistic and I don't think it's unrealistic. I just wanted to say that the PPs stating that Kim K specifically is unnatural are probably correct. I am aware that other women do naturally have that kind of shape.

No, you didn't. Southernbride did, which is who I've been responding to about the "totally unnatural proportions" comment. 
    Ladies, Kim has had plastic surgery. 

Those photos may not have been photoshoped- I highly doubt that they were not in some fashion- but her proportions are entirely her making. . . well and a bit of genetics thrown in as a base.

ETA: Who cares whether or not her proportions are natural, unnatural, man made etc?  Everyone is different and there can be many different types of "beauty."  Different people like a different aesthetic, and that's probably not going to change.  All we can do is try and be happy in our own skins.

Am I ever going to look like Kim or Angelina or Heidi or a Victoria's Secret Model?  Nope.  Doesn't mean I'm hideous and should go hide under a rock, and it doesn't mean that their beauty aesthetic is wrong either.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• esstee33 said:
    amelisha said:

Those photos may not have been photoshoped- I highly doubt that they were not in some fashion- but her proportions are entirely her making. . . well and a bit of genetics thrown in as a base.
    Where's your evidence? 
  • esstee33 said:
    esstee33 said:
    amelisha said:

Where's your evidence? 
    Look at her face and proportions in photographs over time.  There are marked changes.  Plus, she admits to having blood facials and the like, so while I don't believe she has ever admitted to other procedures it's probable she has had them.

And like I said before, who really cares?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• BTW KIm's not the only one with a "crazy" butt. . . hello, Niki Minaj.

• Her ass, tits and vag in those pics dont' bother me.  Whatever.  You do you.  Greased up like a glazed donut, photohopped to hell, whatever makes you happy.

Her hair offends me though.

• Whether or not Kim has had plastic surgery (and I've stated before in this thread that I think it highly likely), it doesn't mean that her body shape is impossible or unrealistic, though, because a number of other women do have it naturally and it's kind of rude to keep saying otherwise.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't really have an opinion on Kim K. I don't hate, but I don't really like her either. I don't get what she's actually done. She's got a nice ass, made a sex tape, and married a couple of guys. Ok. Good for her? I've also got a nice ass and have made a sex tape...why is no one giving me my own show?

I don't think she's a smart business woman. I think her mother is a smart business woman. Seriously, call Kris a controlling bitch all you want, none of those girls would be famous without her. Woman knows what she's doing. I actually remember an episode of the show I watched at the gym one day, where she decided that since she was having bladder control issues, she'd go be a spoke person for Poise or something like that. Now that is being a smart business woman.

I know Kourtney had breast implants done, and I thought Kim had said she did as well...but I could be wrong, I don't actually remember. Honestly, I have no real issue with anyone getting plastic surgery. Yes, I could judge it. I could go on about the sad state of our society that celebrates youth and beauty of women above all else. About how men are allowed to age gracefully and no one gives a shit, but women need to look like they did at 23 for the rest of their lives. But we all already know that, and we know it's shit, and we know it's terrible. Honestly, I feel like I can't sit here and say a woman has the right to make her own decisions about her body when she's pregnant, when she wants to get a tattoo, when she wants to wear a short skirt, but then hate on a woman for getting plastic surgery. It's hypocritical of me. You want butt implants, breast implants, botox, collegian, eye lifts, ear lifts, vaginal rejuvenation, a tummy tuck, whatever, it's your body, your choice.

I really don't get the fasciantion over her body though. Yes, she has a big ass. But like @prettygirllost points out, she's not the only one with a big ass. 

Khole is my favorite one though. She seems more...real or something. I'm not sure what it is about her, I just find her likable.
  • amelisha said:

Whether or not Kim has had plastic surgery (and I've stated before in this thread that I think it highly likely), it doesn't mean that her body shape is impossible or unrealistic, though, because a number of other women do have it naturally and it's kind of rude to keep saying otherwise.

This is exactly the point I've been trying to make. I feel like I'm just typing into a void since apparently nobody has read any of what I've said about my firsthand experience with having drastic changes to my body through my 20s -- the same age range people are saying Kim's body proportions have had a "marked change." Bodies change over time. Sometimes drastically. It doesn't necessarily mean she had work done. The most you can actually prove is that she does waist training because she recently posted a picture of it on IG. But there are also older pictures of her in a bikini where her proportions are clearly not being affected by anything and she's just as extremely curvy.
  • I just saw the new pictures this morning. Assuming it's not crazy photoshopped, I think she looks awesome. Good for her. 

However, I do get annoyed with how much attention she gets. 
  • Fwiw, the nudity doesn't necessarily bother me as much as it's Kim K attempting to "break the Internet" with pics of herself. It just seems like the ultimate AW.
  • amelisha said:
    Whether or not Kim has had plastic surgery (and I've stated before in this thread that I think it highly likely), it doesn't mean that her body shape is impossible or unrealistic, though, because a number of other women do have it naturally and it's kind of rude to keep saying otherwise.
    I never refuted that it's possible for other women to look like she does naturally.
    esstee33 said:
    This is exactly the point I've been trying to make. I feel like I'm just typing into a void since apparently nobody has read any of what I've said about my firsthand experience with having drastic changes to my body through my 20s -- the same age range people are saying Kim's body proportions have had a "marked change." Bodies change over time. Sometimes drastically. It doesn't necessarily mean she had work done. The most you can actually prove is that she does waist training because she recently posted a picture of it on IG. But there are also older pictures of her in a bikini where her proportions are clearly not being affected by anything and she's just as extremely curvy.
    I read your post, but I don't believe Kim hasn't had any plastic surgery.  Sorrynotsorry, I just don't.  Her face has changes too drastically for me to believe otherwise, and if she's having work done on her face then it's probable she had other work done- lipo, a butt lift, whatever.

Plus look at the environment she lives in- Kris and Bruce have had extensive work done, to the point that I think poor Bruce looks just dreadful.  Plastic surgery is a natural thing in the Kardashian family.

But again I ask, who cares?  Good on her that she can afford to have the work done that she wants to have done.  I personally don't think she needed it, and I feel badly for her if she thinks she does when she is very pretty, but I'm not her.

• nobody has denied that she's had face work done. In fact, I specifically said its obvious that she has. I said that just because she has an extreme hourglass figure doesn't mean she had butt implants or whatever. @PrettyGirlLost‌
  • esstee33 said:
    nobody has denied that she's had face work done. In fact, I specifically said its obvious that she has. I said that just because she has an extreme hourglass figure doesn't mean she had butt implants or whatever. @PrettyGirlLost‌
    Yes some women come by an extreme hourglass figure naturally.  No one was disputing that.

I don't believe Kim's figure is completely unaltered.  As I said above, there were genetics at the base- meaning I think she was naturally curvy to begin with.  Older photos show that to be the case.  But I think she expanded upon that and had work done to enhance her butt.  Hell if I had a kid I'd have lipo and a butt lift to get back in shape!

• I am pretty sure I saw on her Instagram or some other social media her promoting waist cinchers that she uses to train her waist.  So her super tiny waist is most likely her training her waist to be that tiny, thus accentuating her voluptuous ass/hips.  So no, her waist has not always been that tiny, but no she has not had plastic surgery (or at least I am assuming) on her waist, but rather using corsets to make her waist tiny in a 'natural' way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards