New York-New York City

Small Wedding/Reception Brooklyn/Queens Party Hall or Venue

I'm starting to plan our October 2015 wedding. We don't want anything too fancy but would like some plain or nice looking for pictures. About 50-70 guests, we would like to have the ceremony at the Reception and we're trying to stay under $6,000 budget for entire wedding. We're willing to rent a Party Hall and hire a caterer since the places that charge per plate seem to be $100+, We're really not fancy people, already live together and have a daughter. Just want to wear a nice dress and have a party with our closest family and friends. Any suggestions on places we can check out? So far we're planning on checking out Bay Ridge Manor, Bruno's on the Blvd, Villa Russo, Astoria World Manor, Renaissance Event Hall & Buckley's Caterers. If anyone knows the prices on these places i'd appreciate it. Also we're looking to get married on 10/11/15 which is a Sunday. Thank you.

Re: Small Wedding/Reception Brooklyn/Queens Party Hall or Venue

• nyhollydaynyhollyday member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited November 2014
     I am not sure the name of it, but there is a place by the water near LGA and Citifield they hold lots of wedding/reception combos all the time. Looks really nice. I have seen a ton of weddings out in the gazebo with a cocktail and reception inside. 
  • misskinababymisskinababy member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
     I am not sure the name of it, but there is a place by the water near LGA and Citifield they hold lots of wedding/reception combos all the time. Looks really nice. I have seen a ton of weddings out in the gazebo with a cocktail and reception inside. 
    Do you mean Terrace on the Park?
  • @misskinababy Nope. There is a venue a short walk from Citi Field, by the bay.
  • @soontobejbar ok so I did a google search for you...here it is http://www.worldfairmarina.com/

I forever see weddings and receptions there. They make it really pretty. Funny too while I was trying to find that I found out they have areas in Citi Field you can get married, not sure how much that is...but if anyone is interested...
  • If you are willing to do a day wedding, say 11am to 4pm or so, you should have no problem.  keep your guests as close to 50 as possible.  also, forgo liquor and set up a cash bar and just have soft drinks, coffee, tea with your wedding cake and a champagne toast.  Inquire about a buffet which is sometimes cheaper than a plated meal because there is less staff.  your choices seem good.  also check out:

Brooklyn
    Bay Ride Manor
    www.bayridgemanor.com

Glen Terrace
    718 252 414

In Queens

Dante
    www.dancat.com

Ricardo's by the Bridge
    www.riccardos.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board