Wedding Etiquette Forum

Curious: What would you say when asked opinion on BM dress?

2»

Re: Curious: What would you say when asked opinion on BM dress?

• To answer the call of the overarching question, "What would you say if asked?" I'd be honest in any case. I'd tell a bride, "I'll wear whatever you want because it IS your choice, but... honestly, tea-length makes me look stumpy. Again, if you're set on it, I'll wear it, but since you asked, I just don't like the length."
    There needs to be a line between brides forcing their BMs into dresses they secretly hate and BMs giving brides hell and insisting on getting their own demands met.  
    To play devils advocate...what about the 2 petite BMs who are thrilled it is tea length bc they normal look like they are being swallowed whole in floor length A lines? I figure you're never going to pick anything 3 or more women all love - which is why price, modesty and comfort are the only reasons I'd gripe. If she changes it to please me, some other BM might be disappointed bc she loved it.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• To answer the call of the overarching question, "What would you say if asked?" I'd be honest in any case. I'd tell a bride, "I'll wear whatever you want because it IS your choice, but... honestly, tea-length makes me look stumpy. Again, if you're set on it, I'll wear it, but since you asked, I just don't like the length."
    There needs to be a line between brides forcing their BMs into dresses they secretly hate and BMs giving brides hell and insisting on getting their own demands met.  
    To play devils advocate...what about the 2 petite BMs who are thrilled it is tea length bc they normal look like they are being swallowed whole in floor length A lines? I figure you're never going to pick anything 3 or more women all love - which is why price, modesty and comfort are the only reasons I'd gripe. If she changes it to please me, some other BM might be disappointed bc she loved it.
    You're absolutely right that you'll never please all the bridesmaids; and, the more you have the worse it is. I'm giggling though because I am petite (barely 5'4) and tea length is just the worst. Either tea or floor, I'll wear sky-high heels. I also told my BFF that I really need straps because strapless will just fall off my barely-A cups. If she chooses strapless, it's ok for me to just have straps added, luckily. 

You're absolutely right that you'll never please all the bridesmaids; and, the more you have the worse it is. I'm giggling though because I am petite (barely 5'4) and tea length is just the worst. Either tea or floor, I'll wear sky-high heels. I also told my BFF that I really need straps because strapless will just fall off my barely-A cups. If she chooses strapless, it's ok for me to just have straps added, luckily. 
    Tea length rarely is a flattering length on anyone, but especially not on petite people.  Tea length will cut them off at the leg and make them look shorter.  Just above or just below the knee is far more flattering a hemline.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

Tea length rarely is a flattering length on anyone, but especially not on petite people.  Tea length will cut them off at the leg and make them look shorter.  Just above or just below the knee is far more flattering a hemline.
    My bad, at 5'8 I honestly have no idea who wears tea length...I guess nobody over 12 ;-p
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards