New Jersey

RSVP?

After the rsvp did anyone not call the guests who did not respond, I know I should but I wonder why I have to do more work when someone couldn't be bothered to send in the rsvp in the first place

Also did anyone have anyone never respond, even to calls and still show up to the wedding?

Re: RSVP?

• mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We called/e-mailed a few people who never sent back their RSVP. A lot said yes, they were coming, they just had their card "sitting on their kitchen table" or whatever. A few said they weren't coming (people we weren't close to anyway), and there was one we never got in touch with at all.

Nobody showed up unannounced.
  • DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    for those who didn't rsvp, i either emailed/asked them directly, or had our parents get in touch with any relatives or any of their friends. 
    No one showed up that didn't rspv either.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't call and they don't respond then you may have people w/out a place to sit at the wedding. What if their RSVP got lost in the mail or their invite never got to them. Its always best to call.

Yes its annoying that someoen can't send in a pre-stamped pre-addressed envelope but its more annoying to have someone show up and expect a seat and not have one for them. Plus your caterer will be annoyed.

I had my mom and MIL make the calls for me except for one or two friends I took care of myself.
  • jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you ask the verbal rsvp-ers to send the card?  We're less than a week away from the rsvp deadline on the reply card and I still have 43 outstanding.  I don't like the idea of accepting verbal rsvps.  If they can't commit to walking to the mailbox, how can I trust them to show up?
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_rsvp-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:af8fb3c7-d0ba-40c2-8466-6ac9a065c799Post:d2b8c90e-29c5-4c6b-a07e-6b58dc0e369c">Re: RSVP?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you ask the verbal rsvp-ers to send the card?  We're less than a week away from the rsvp deadline on the reply card and I still have 43 outstanding.  I don't like the idea of accepting verbal rsvps.  If they can't commit to walking to the mailbox, how can I trust them to show up?
    Posted by jchristel[/QUOTE]

<div>This is my exact feeling - We haven't called anyone yet because we still have a few days but I do feel that f i spend my time calling them and get a verbal response how will i know that they are going to even show up that day</div>
  • edited December 2011
    I hear ya.....
    As you can see from my ticker, we have about a week til RSVP Deadline, and I still have quite a few outstanding.....
    Dreading having to track them down! But hopefully we will get the majority back in time. 
    Good luck with yous!
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Being married is a real thriller! =)

• edited December 2011
    I'm still insulted to this day about some people who didn't even make the effort to get their "declines regretfully" in the mail. But yes, I think I called some 50 people about it 4 weeks before the wedding. I would call them and be as polite as possible. Just ask if they are coming because obviously that little RSVP must have gotten lost in the mail.
  • JennM31JennM31 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had to call about 20 people after the date and we also gave them an extra few days before we did.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone
    I know I will have to just suck it up and call everyone but it helps a little to know that i am not the only one who thinks its rude
    Hopefully everyone else has better luck getting back RSVP's even though this seems to be a trend

• smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would call. My friend had a good amount not RSVP and was very bitter- only to find out when she called that for some odd reason the invite never even made it to her house- including some close relatives that feared they were removed from the guest list! I think that's the #1 reason to call.
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • edited December 2011

It definitely bothers me and I think it's very rude that people can't send the RSVP card back, especially when no work is required out of them except to stick the card out for the mail person to pick up.

I would call because as someone mentioned, it is possible that something could have gotten lost in the mail, and as much as you don't want to call, it is better than having a mess with people showing up the day of your wedding and no seat.

Our due date was this past weekend.  I am going to see if there were any stragglers in the mail that came in today, otherwise going to reach out to people.  I didn't want to accept verbal RSVPs, however, it may be best so you don't have to wait for them to send you the card back.

I know this is always a popular topic amongst the boards..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards