Wedding Woes

Wednesday Randoms

1.  We are having our roof repaired in two places on Friday.  They leak and we did everything we could to fix them ourselves.  It was time to call a pro.  While he was here to give an estimate, I had him give one for replacing the entire roof (not something we could afford to do right this second, spring-time would be more do-able but we just wanted an idea of cost).  The quote was much lower than I had expected, which was nice, but he also said that our roof was in good shape and we could get another 5-10 years out of it.  I almost did a happy dance.  DH thought our roof would need replaced very soon, so this was great news.

2.  Our friends are closing on their first house on Friday and want us to help them work on it all weekend (aside from when we will be at my gma's house on saturday for her TG).  We have no problem doing so, but they have sort of an unrealistic timeline for getting things done.  DH and I have done the best we could without being know-it-all-ish to remind them that things won't go as scheduled and not to get too crazy about it.

3.  I have had a tension headache since last Thursday.  It's constant and my neck is also hurting.  Nothing helps.  I can convince myself that I'm not THAT stressed, but my body is sure to remind me.  I'm hoping that getting the roof leaks repaired will relieve some of the stress.  I have been pissy about those leaks for a while and am glad that DH agreed that we need outside help now.  He's a great handyman and we don't have to call a pro often, but when we need to call it takes him a while to realize it/agree.

Re: Wednesday Randoms

• 1.  I'm looking forward to my skeptic/atheist convention this weekend.  There's sure to be some awkwardness with running into old members of my freethinkers group, but I don't care. 

2.  I'm really looking forward to the dance on Saturday night.  My dress has shipped and we bought accessories last night.  It's been a long time since DH and I dressed up together.  Pics will be incoming.

3.  It was 40 here today and it's almost like summer.  The last few days of bitter bitter cold have made me so thankful for my warm house and so sad for those who don't have it.  I'm glad we're doing a drive for the homeless teen shelter in my town.
  • 1. Why do people still drive hummers? I almost got ran off the road this morning by one.

2. I'm looking at Janice Dickerson a bit suspect with her declaration. Something seems odd.

3. I miss music videos. I know they're still out there but I don't live on youtube, so I never watch them. Why don't artists push them more? Not that I even enjoy current music all that much.  I guess I'm having a childhood flash back.

• I am so f'n tired. This whole single parenting while knocked up thing sucks. Today I had to get PF into the City for a doc appointment. The appointment was for 8:45am so we were on a 6:44am train. We got home at 1pm. No time for her to get to school for any real benefit so she came to work with me until her sitter could come get her. I'm wiped.
  • AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2014

1. Why do people still drive hummers? I almost got ran off the road this morning by one.  YES!  I wonder this all the time!

2. I'm looking at Janice Dickerson a bit suspect with her declaration. Something seems odd. 

YES, YES, YES!  Anyone who knows her knows what an AW she is.  Every word out of her mouth is suspect, all the time.  

Plus, is she currently clean and sober?   

Plus, plus, did you hear her interview?  She said he was wearing a patchwork robe.  

1) ewewew at the whole thing!  

2) a patchwork robe totally sounds made up.

The rape allegations have been around for years, so I'm inclined to believe them, but it irks me so much that women never reported them and are now coming forward.  Ugh - the whole thing  is majorly icky and makes me so sad.

3. I miss music videos. I know they're still out there but I don't live on youtube, so I never watch them. Why don't artists push them more? Not that I even enjoy current music all that much.  I guess I'm having a childhood flash back.

• 1. DH sprung a dinner on me for tomorrow night. I feel like I have nothing to wear and no time to go shopping.

2. I am shopping for new bras. Holy hell I forgot how it feels to even wear a real bra.

3. I am so ready to wean DD but she loves nursing. :/

• Today, I was asked by a coworker if I was having twins. I am not. She asked the same question again several hours later. I am still not having twins, just a single big, fat baby thanks to my husband AND my dad being 10+ pounds.

• What a dummy. I have a short torso. At 23 weeks with both kids I looked massive. At 38 weeks, people told me I would probably have like 12 pound babies (DS was 8 lbs and DD was 6 1/2 lbs). You would think that by now, people would realize that everyone carries differently. I think you look great and normal sized for a singleton!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards