September 2012 Weddings

argghHHH!! shoe regret!

I was very excited about my original shoe purchase at David's Bridal but I think I jumped the gun.I really wanted something with colour for my shoes - a lovely deep purple heel that both my MOH and I could wear. I had completely forgotten that I wanted to do that. So now I have a pair of shoes that I can't return, and I have no idea where to find the right purple shoes :(How hard is it to dye shoes?
invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: argghHHH!! shoe regret!

• I wanted a purple heel as well but I found white shoes I really liked at a great price so I bought them. I decided I would wear the white shoes for the ceremony and now I am on the look for purple heels or flats for the reception. I found these
    shoes  at the Aldo's website. They are the same just one flat and the other heel. I am not sure about shoe dying but I heard it's not too bad. Do you have a Payless Shoes by you? I know that do shoe dying there. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh payless does shoe dying?? that's good to know! We have a ton of those around here.

I might try to incorporate something purple and blingy on my current shoes if I don't go that route. Like a fun clip or something.

current shoes:

maybe something like one of these...

• Oooohhh!  Love those clips.  They would look fantastic with your shoes!  Have you checked with the David's where you purchased them?  I think David's does dying as well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like the idea of the purple clips or accents I think they would make a nice touch. I've also heard that David's does dying as well but with the feathers already on your shoe it might make dying more difficult from what I have read.
  • Don't return those white shoes! I love them. If it's in the budget why not get 2 pairs? I was thinking about doing ceremony and formal shots in white shoes and then change to purple for reception fun. My friend switched to red shoes (her wedding color) and it was adorable.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Mama, sell them to Smartly!!  Problem solved ;0)
    September 2012 Brides March siggy challenge: Fav registry item so far...Bunn Coffee Maker!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • actually the more i look at the clips, i think i like that better than purple shoes :)

I should probably get a cute pair of purple shoes with low heels for the reception. Our choreographed dance with my son might be tricky in heels ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_argghhhh-shoe-regret?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:190d86f9-cb31-45f8-9f1e-dc68ee761a38Post:173eb098-23a6-4378-9c5b-62e9c9efb2bb">Re: argghHHH!! shoe regret!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mama, sell them to Smartly!!  Problem solved ;0)
    Posted by mcmeghan311[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I wear a 7.5 :)</div>
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • LOL I am on the 3rd pair. Tongue Out I will find the time to wear them all.
    I love the purple clip touch. Very stylish and personalized.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_argghhhh-shoe-regret?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:190d86f9-cb31-45f8-9f1e-dc68ee761a38Post:a449eb4c-2ab4-4c5d-8a8a-a85ec1b339ba">Re: argghHHH!! shoe regret!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: argghHHH!! shoe regret! : I wear a 7.5 :)
    Posted by smartlypretty[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>i'm an 8.5 - I guess I keep the shoes lol

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards