Wedding Woes

Morning

My left knee decided to stick it to me this morning and seized up while I was carrying a half asleep DefConn downstairs.  I didn't drop him, thank God.  It still hurts, but it's better.  No idea what that was all about, but I don't remember the last time I was in that much pain.  

We are not ready to have people over tomorrow or Saturday.  Blah.  We'll get there.  I'm glad DH is off tomorrow.  

I need to go to the grocery store and I don't want to.  I bet it's going to be crazy tonight and tomorrow.  I'm glad that the store is around the corner from daycare.  I can run in before getting DefConn. 

Re: Morning

• Eeesh, I hope ice and anti-inflamatories help you @mrs.conn23

We're anticipating a snow storm tomorrow. My only hang up is if it ruins our plans for Thursday. I don't want PF to miss Frozen on Ice because of a storm. We're seeing the show in the morning and then right to my ILs for T-day dinner.
  • I got all of my work done yesterday so I can deliver it this morning instead of tomorrow.  We're heading to my parents' house as soon as DH gets off work tomorrow, so I don't want to have to worry about doing it.

I fell asleep on the couch at 7:30 last night.  DH woke me at 8 to go to bed.  I just cannot get caught up enough on sleep to not be a zombie by early evening.
  • Taw--something to tell us?  ;) 

Mostly kidding, just curious.

I had appointments at 3 and 5 yesterday.  So I ran around then got home at nearly 8pm and packed 3 boxes and cleaned up in record time.  I have most of my clothes consolidated in ONE closet...I am waiting for H to realize he hasn't packed a farking thing.  Or ask me to do it, but COME ON.  *sigh*
  • I've knocked out my cookies and muffins for Thursday. I have a chicken in the crockpot to put together a pot pie later tonight for Wednesday.  Then I just need to chop stuff for a veggie tray tomorrow am.  I still need to pack though.
  • I finally got our pics too.  I love this one.

_DSC6832

• I have nothing but randoms.

It's just the four of us for Thanksgiving this year.  DH has been working like crazy and didn't feel like traveling, and my mom is in Florida (more on that below).  Part of me feels like we should be knocking ourselves out to travel to family, but the rest of me is really looking forward to some quiet time at home.

Got a new car this weekend, and I am in love.

DS was sick Sunday and part of yesterday, so I stayed home with him.  His fever broke yesterday morning, he slept on me for two hours, and woke up a brand new kid.  His latest obsession is pushing things around the house, but he can't steer.  When he inevitably gets stuck on something, he looks at me, holds one arm out like this (below), and tried to say "Stuck" but is comes out as "M-buh!"

My mom was already planning to go to Florida to see my grandmother and aunt/uncle, but had to change her plans and leave early.  My aunt and uncle had to fly up to WI because their son was in the ICU in a catatonic coma.  At first nobody knew WTF was going on--he's on disability for depression and anxiety, so they thought maybe it was his meds, or substance abuse, or maybe even a neurological problem.  But they ran a bunch of tests and ruled those out one by one, so now they think it's psychological.  My mom said they don't have enough info for a diagnosis yet, but that the catatonia and some of his other symptoms are consistent with schizophrenia.  My aunt and uncle have been dealing with my cousin's issues for a long time and trying to get him the help he needs, but it's hard.  Depending on what kind of a state he's in, sometimes he's cooperative, and sometimes he's resistant.  Right now he's talking again, but only one word answers, and he doesn't want to see anyone.  We need a #FuckMentalIllness to go with #FuckCancer.
  • I'm sorry Heffa.
  • ftrMrs0 said:
    Taw--something to tell us?  ;) 

Mostly kidding, just curious.

I had appointments at 3 and 5 yesterday.  So I ran around then got home at nearly 8pm and packed 3 boxes and cleaned up in record time.  I have most of my clothes consolidated in ONE closet...I am waiting for H to realize he hasn't packed a farking thing.  Or ask me to do it, but COME ON.  *sigh*
    No, no.  Nothing to tell.  I'm about 95% sure this facility is closed.  :)
  • I'm glad things are looking up LS.  
  • I'm sorry you've been going through that ls. I hope things are looking up now.
  • Yay, LS.  

I'm sorry Heffa, that's rough.

I definitely have con plague.  Also, I want this henna to go away.

Other than that, i've got nothing.
  • Thanks, Ladies.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LS-I hope things continue on the up and up for you.  Asking for help is hard, but I'm glad you did that. 

MY MIL Is seriously off the rails y'all.  H even said *EARMUFFS* "I'm fucking done! DONE!".  He's the only one of the kids that actually tries with MIL too.  I'm sad about it but still want to stab her in the face.  Is that normal?
  • Hugs to all of you. I think DH and I need to see a counselor but I know that I also need to see a doc about meds for my issues and I'm being stubborn about it. So yes, #fuckmentalillnes. I realized that this past summer was the 10th anniversary of being diagnosed with OCD and depression and in many ways I'm still dealing with some of the same issues. I'd like to think I'd be better but some days I'm not and its frustrating.

Today I have work and I am not looking forward to it. I have way too much to do at home so I will probably hang it up around noon and do home projects. I've been having a hard time sleeping at night and so I know tonight at 8 pm I'll be ready for bed and have no motivation to do anything at all.
  • Hang in there, ladies. I think everyone is going through a bump or two in the road lately, but this too shall pass.

My only random is I had to delete two fb friends last night. I never do that, because it's usually not that big of a deal, but it's sad how mothers can have so little compassion for another family. The comments were down right sad and scary.

• HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    Good luck, LS, and glad to hear things are starting to look up. 

NOLA, people are crazy sometimes.

ETA:  more randomness:

My mother was all upset when she left me a message about leaving for Florida early, and so she wasn't 100% making sense.  She was all "I've only talked to Aunt briefly, so I don't know exactly what happened, [crying], I'll call you when I find out more."  And I didn't even think of my cousin, DH and I were listening to her message and we both assumed it was something with my grandmother, because she's 98.  Nope, my grandma is fine--worried about my cousin, of course, but otherwise great.  Healthy as a horse.  My entire female line is pretty much indestructible.
  • I think the entire world is having a rough week.  Month even.

Fuckmentalillness, fuck cancer, fuck dementia.

And I'm about to spend my lunchbreak in 'active shooter training'.  I volunteered for it but have mixed feelings about the whole bag.
  • I defriended someone who was more concerned about Dancing with the "stars"
  • FARK!  I made an order and forgot to update my shipping address.  I think my old neighbor should be able to get it and hold on to it for me. 
  • I did that Conn. It was messy, but Old Navy and the post office were able to fix my mistake.
  • Yeah, UPS and Best Buy can't fix it.  Oh well, I have the new owners number and I trust old neighbor to hold the package for me.  It will all work out.  :) 
  • I unfriended quite a few FB peeps this morning.  Most were people I should've got rid of a long time ago.  
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    ::checks to see if unfriended::

phew!
    Yeah, UPS and Best Buy can't fix it.  Oh well, I have the new owners number and I trust old neighbor to hold the package for me.  It will all work out.  :) 
    I did that and I was so annoyed with myself.  They were DD's cleats and she really needed them, so DH went out of his way on the way home from work to pick them up from our old house.  (For every time I complain about something like him putting six peas in a quart size Tupperware, there's something like that to balance it out.)
  • I was watching DWTS last night and the juxtaposition of the show after the announcement was just...odd. 
  • Heffalump said:
    ::checks to see if unfriended::

phew!
    Yeah, UPS and Best Buy can't fix it.  Oh well, I have the new owners number and I trust old neighbor to hold the package for me.  It will all work out.  :) 
    I did that and I was so annoyed with myself.  They were DD's cleats and she really needed them, so DH went out of his way on the way home from work to pick them up from our old house.  (For every time I complain about something like him putting six peas in a quart size Tupperware, there's something like that to balance it out.)
    I thought I was being SO diligent too with updating everything.  Ah well.  Good thing we made friends with our old neighbors and our kids still want to hang with one another. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards