Louisiana-New Orleans

Wedding prep location/best hotel block

I'm from New Orleans and having my wedding at Southern Oaks on October 10. I'm looking for a French Quarter hotel I can do my bridal prep at, take pictures, and block off rooms for some guests. Does anybody know any FQ hotels that give a good discount on a block of rooms?

Re: Wedding prep location/best hotel block

• We are using the Westin. The guest rooms are not the absolute best deal but reasonable...I think around $220/night (in March) but they discount the huge 1660 sq ft suite tremendously if you do a room block there! The staff is so accommodating and willing to help with all issues! 
  • We are using the Sheraton. The block for Feb. is $209. The rooms are really nice, the suites are spacious and the rooms all have floor to ceiling windows with beautiful views for pictures. They also have a cool bar downstairs and it is on Canal St so we are going to try to get pictures in front of a streetcar.
  • The Bourbon Orleans has some cool 2-floor suites with balconies, and a great outdoor space... and Alyssa, who handles the weddings there, is lovely.

You can also try the Hotel Provincial - cheaper, and it has some suites with courtyards...
  • we stayed at dauphine orleans and used the courtyard at the hermann house for our wedding photos.  we set our guests up with a block at le richelieu hotel.  our staying at dauphine orleans was better for us since it was around the corner from our venue.  everyone loved richelieu, and we've stayed there before and love it too!
  • We got an apartment through Air bnb that was big enough for me to get ready in and significantly less than a hotel suite. 
  • I did Westin & Le Meridien (used to be the W on Poydras).  Advantages to the big chains are that you can get points if you're in their loyalty club when you book a block and they will negotiate on rates.  I was quoted $239 and $259 from each hotel respectively and got them down to $219 and $239.  Not a ton of movement but anything I could save my guests was a positive.  

The Roosevelt does a block and the best thing about it is that you can book 15 rooms with NO attrition as long as at least one room books.  The large chains will hold you responsible for 80% of the total hotel block cost if not all the rooms get booked.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards