Chit Chat
Options

So glad to be done with today...

It has been one special day. To start, FI got called in to work due to an emergency. So I got to deal with the family and cooking alone. So I start the cooking. No big deal. Everything was ready within two hours, and my chocolate ganache for dessert was cooling on the counter.

So I take a shower and get ready only to come out to find that our new dog stole the chocolate off the counter. I ended up having to remake the ganache, but was short on chocolate, so it ended up being to thin. So chocolate sloshes on the car seat of our new truck on the drive to the first holiday engagement. (Also ended up having to take the dog with me because the emergency vet said he needed to be watched closely after eating nearly four cups of chocolate.)

Well we get to my aunt's for our turkey day brunch. The dog gets shut in a room with my purse and coat while I attempted to save the sloshed desserts (one for this brunch and others for dinner with FI's family later). I left the dog alone for 15-20 minutes. He did not appreciate this in any way, and thus shredded my coat and left my aunt's guestroom covered in the down stuffing of my coat.

Brunch and dinner were ok aside from the perpetual harassment about needing grandkids / neices/nephews / great grand kids... Then my step mom comments that we need to get pregnant asap because apparently at mid-20s we are getting old and running out of time to have kids. That just infuriated me. I mean clearly we couldn't possibly be trying or anything considering that we have had four miscarriages in the last two and a half years. And clearly, we must be stupid for following the OBGYNs advice and not trying for a year. FI's mom even had the gall to tell me that she lost 9 but that she just "got back on the horse" as it were until they got the four kids they had wanted, and that I shouldn't just stop / wait because I "had gotten bucked off the bronco." Ugh!

I shall now retire to a nice piping hot glass of mulled wine and a funny movie.

Re: So glad to be done with today...

• Options
    Ugh. Holidays just bring out the crazies. I cheers your wine with my high life.

• Options
    Sounds like a rough day. But I really can't get past the pregnancy talk. So not their business! I am sorry for what you are going through and the fact that other people think it is free game to discuss. 
  • Options
    I had a ton of sympathy till the end of that post, when I got extremely ragey for you, which may have totally over-shadowed everything else. I'm sorry about that total suckfest. Ugh. That was fucked up for them to say any of that... I mean really. What the fuck?

Wine for you!
  • Options
    WTF? Who the fuck says something like that to someone. I'm so furious for you. I can't even... I just really don't have words.
  • Options
    I just chugged the wine I'm sipping on to get over MY day of hearing baby bs crap after reading this post. I'm so sorry you had to go through that craziness.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    WTF to the miscarriage comments.  She needs to STFU.  I am ragey for you.  

• Options
    raissyraisraissyrais member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited November 2014
    Those miscarriage comments are absolutely repulsive. I feel for you, and I'm so sorry. How heartless of these women. You would think they would understand and share some of your feelings on the matter. How selfish and gross!

ETA: @beethery I know this doesn't do justice to your rage, but maybe this can help

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The next time one of them brings up babies, tell them their comments are unwelcome and that this subject is CLOSED. I also find following up with ,"Is this in any way unclear?" spoken sharply helps stop people from saying/doing shit.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    That is absolutely awful! I'm so sorry you had to deal with those comments, that's absolutely unacceptable behavior let alone from family members! I agree with PPs that you should just shut down the conversation to let them know you won't put up with it in the future. I also hope your dog is okay!

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    edited June 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards