Chit Chat

NWR: hair color question

Does hair color expire? I bought three boxes (buy 2 get one free so I stocked up) and now I can't use it.

Re: NWR: hair color question

• If it does, I've never paid attention. Whoops. And I have very thin, fine hair.
  • Ha ha!!  I saw the title and the first thing I though was GO GINGER!!!!  :)  I can't actually help though, since I've never dyed my hair.  But it you do, I still think you should go ginger.  

• From a chemistry perspective I would say yeah it matters. Some of the chemicals might start to break down after the expiration date. I might be talking out of my ass.

• I might use it within 3 months of expiration but beyond that... I'm not brave enough haha correcting color can be a total bitch. And expensive. And very hard on your hair depending on the colors you're using.

• Do it and post pics. It's only hair. My non scientific opinion is that it would only lose potency not do anything freaky.
  • Oh wait, but can you dye your hair when you are preggo?
  • For the $40 you spent, I wouldn't chance it. 
  • lc07 said:

Oh wait, but can you dye your hair when you are preggo?

Idk.. It's probably like tattoos. You shouldn't just in case.

image   image   image

• lc07 said:
    Oh wait, but can you dye your hair when you are preggo?
    Like so, so, SO many other things you'll find when pregnant, everyone has a different opinion. Basically, because there's no conclusive evidence to safe if it's safe or isn't, most docs err on the side of caution and say to wait at least until after the first trimester before getting hair dyed. And then, if you want to be even safer, go with highlights rather than all over color because the dye doesn't sit on the scalp.

That said, I've continued highlighting my hair since I've been pregnant, with my doctor's approval. My stylist is obviously aware of me being pregnant is is extra cautious to keep the dye off my scalp (mainly to make the paranoid DH feel better).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Fwiw, I'm pregnant and colored my hair a few weeks ago.
  • The reason I asked is because I'm pregnant and I just bought the stuff. I'm a little paranoid to do it but I don't want the dye to go to waste either.
  • Just talk to your OB, @jdluvr06‌ . If he/she says it's okay, then great! If not, I'd say a wasted 30 bucks is worth the piece of mind.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sorry, I don't dye my hair and never been pregnant so I have nothing useful to add.  But Dr. Sonya is all I can think about:

"Just a little bit!"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards