Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

fall engagement pictures for summer wedding, is that ok??

My fiancé and I are getting married next June. We originally planned on  taking pictures on the beach this summer since our theme is a beach theme. We didn't have any time to get the pictures done and doubt we will be able to before summer ends. Would it be ridiculous to take our engagement pictures in the fall and use them as our save the dates even though it's a summer wedding? I love the look of fall photos, all the pretty colors of the leaves and everything, I just don't want it to be confusing to our guests if that makes sense.

Re: fall engagement pictures for summer wedding, is that ok??

• It is appropriate to take engagement photos anytime after you get engaged and before you get married. It won't confuse anyone if you have fall photos and a summer wedding. Got married in July and our save the date had a photo taken in January. Fall photos sounds lovely. GL! :)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Similar situation here....I think it can actually be pretty neat to compare and contrast the engagement pics with the wedding pics when you do opposite seasons.  We took our engagement pics in February at the park where we were planning on hosting the wedding in June.  I love looking at the pictures side by side, one set in particular is really cool.  Our photographer got a picture of us standing near a bench surrounded by the winter landscape and then got a picture from the wedding day from a similar vantage point but the foliage is going nuts and it looks like we are in a jungle in the second pic.
    Anniversary
  • ShellD13 said:
    Similar situation here....I think it can actually be pretty neat to compare and contrast the engagement pics with the wedding pics when you do opposite seasons.  We took our engagement pics in February at the park where we were planning on hosting the wedding in June.  I love looking at the pictures side by side, one set in particular is really cool.  Our photographer got a picture of us standing near a bench surrounded by the winter landscape and then got a picture from the wedding day from a similar vantage point but the foliage is going nuts and it looks like we are in a jungle in the second pic.
    wow it's almost like looking at two totally different places. So cool! The pictures are beautiful in both seasons. Congratulations on the wedding!!
  • We did fall engagement pictures and a winter wedding.  Do whatever is convenient to you guys and your photographer.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • We had winter engagement pictures and a summer wedding. Both pictures were shot in the same location but it really creates a lovely contrast of your year-round love.
  • Absolutely! I think this falls into the "no rules" category :) you do whatever you want/what feels best and whatever works! I'm sure they'll be beautiful!
  • I think that as long as you and your FI appear happy and well in your photos, they can be taken at any time between your getting engaged and your wedding. There's certainly no requirement that the seasons of the photos have to match the season of the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards