Chit Chat

Sims players in the hizzouse

Who plays besides me and I think @Beethry?
Which ones do you play? I played 1 and 2 with all the expansions (when you could get them for free online easily), and now I play 3. For EPs I have supernatural, seasons, generations, university life, world adventures, and pets. Lately I've been doing the pregnent challenge ala Kpopp on youtube. My sim is up to 22 kids (;

I think Sims 4 looks subpar. I might buy it in a few years, meh.

Re: Sims players in the hizzouse

• I play sims 2, 3, and 4. I am waiting on the update for December. So far I love playing sims 4 because of the graphics and building houses are super easy. I would purchase ASAP it is on sale for 30.00

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• AlexisA01 said:
    I play sims 2, 3, and 4. I am waiting on the update for December. So far I love playing sims 4 because of the graphics and building houses are super easy. I would purchase ASAP it is on sale for 30.00
    I think I'll wait a few years for all the EPs. I just re-got into 3 so I'm not tired of it. I just bought another EP for sale for $7 (:
  • I go back and forth and play sims 3. One of my cousins enjoys creating mods and makes Sims game mods for Desperate Housewives, Special Victims United, that Kim Kardashian game, and Supernatural. It's amazing what computer people can create with a video game.

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• AlexisA01 said:
    I go back and forth and play sims 3. One of my cousins enjoys creating mods and makes Sims game mods for Desperate Housewives, Special Victims United, that Kim Kardashian game, and Supernatural. It's amazing what computer people can create with a video game.
    I love that stuff.
  • I have sims 3, haven't played it in mooooonnnths. I've tried to play but my iMac doesn't really want to run it very well. I have most of the EPs and some of the stuff packs. I want to reinstall but I can't find my booklets with the registration numbers :((((((((((

ESO has been my jam since beta and I've been all over that... except I just started playing Dragon Age: Inquisition yesterday and I am having a hard time putting it down even though I am truly awful at it.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    I have sims 3, haven't played it in mooooonnnths. I've tried to play but my iMac doesn't really want to run it very well. I have most of the EPs and some of the stuff packs. I want to reinstall but I can't find my booklets with the registration numbers :((((((((((

ESO has been my jam since beta and I've been all over that... except I just started playing Dragon Age: Inquisition yesterday and I am having a hard time putting it down even though I am truly awful at it.
    Yaaaas gurl. I want to get that. I just got Late Night for TS3!
  • I've been playing since the original came out, but currently play 3. I got to play 4 for a little while and I don't think it's worth the money yet.

My computer doesn't have enough ram to withstand everything so I need FH to take care of it so I can continue my legacy challenge!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I've played 1 and 2 and currently play 3 on and off. I've had a problem with the seasons expansion pack which sucks. I have a Mac so I can't get 4 but it also doesn't look that great to me.
  • I play them all. I'm quite mad that the latest one is not going to be available for Macs. It's so annoying. WTF? Most people have Macs nowadays right or am I wrong?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I snagged the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection when it was offered for free some months ago. Before that I already had most of the expansions but it is kind of nice to have a complete set. I also played the hell out of the original and most, if not all, of the expansions for that. Makin Magic was my favorite of those. Not sure I have a favorite in 2, but University and Apartment Life sure make it easier for starting out new Sims.
  • I've played 1, 2, and now play 3. I get a little overwhelmed sometimes at just how complex it's gotten and how much there is to do, and sometimes I miss the early days when it was reeeeallly simple. But what can I say, really? It is an incredibly well thought-out game. I've taken to making models and using them to plan my own real-life house renos and decorating as well. :-)
  • OMG I haven't played in a couple years because when I get into it I pretty much have to become dead to the world. I am obsessed with the Sims. Played 2 and 3 for years. But yeah, I have a Mac too and am super bummed that 4 won't be available.

I don't really do any challenges, I just like it because I make my Sims lead tawdry lifestyles. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I LOVED 1 and 2, but couldn't really get into 3. Now I'm also sad that 4 isn't offered for Macs :(

I still drag out TS2 every so often and FI goes, "Ah hell, I'll see you in a few months" (I tend to get sucked in playing for a while haha)
    Anniversary

• beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014

I play them all. I'm quite mad that the latest one is not going to be available for Macs. It's so annoying. WTF? Most people have Macs nowadays right or am I wrong?

It is VERY frustrating that they don't really try to do anything for macs. Every other patch that they released for 3 made the game unusable on my computer. It was VERY annoying.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I play sims! I got all my games from steam so I wait until they are 5 bucks. I think I have all the expansions except seasons at this point. None of the stuff packs, I just down load mods. I'll wait until sims 4 price comes down to buy it, although it doesn't look that good at all. 

Fair warning, if you buy the sims on steam it counts how many hours you've played it. It might not be information you want to know. I wish I didn't know. 

beethery said:
    I have sims 3, haven't played it in mooooonnnths. I've tried to play but my iMac doesn't really want to run it very well. I have most of the EPs and some of the stuff packs. I want to reinstall but I can't find my booklets with the registration numbers :((((((((((

How is dragon age? I just finished bioshock and I'm debating starting it or a different game. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• beethery said:
    I play them all. I'm quite mad that the latest one is not going to be available for Macs. It's so annoying. WTF? Most people have Macs nowadays right or am I wrong?
    It is VERY frustrating that they don't really try to do anything for macs. Every other patch that they released for 3 made the game unusable on my computer. It was VERY annoying.
    Do you think if they get enough complaints their popularity will go down and eventually they'll create a Sims 4 for Macs? I just don't understand why they're doing this. Is it a monetary concern?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • EA is well known for being a scumbag company. They are only in it for money, and people buy their stuff anyway (me). A good example is that they took out toddlers and pools in the Sims 4 base game and put it into an expansion, two things that have been freely available throughout the series. They rarely fix glitches in their sports games and other games. They don't give a shit about us, because we buy it anyway!!!! 

that's why I buy them on steam for so cheap, so at least I'm giving them 5 bucks instead of 20 for each EP
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:

EA is well known for being a scumbag company. They are only in it for money, and people buy their stuff anyway (me). A good example is that they took out toddlers and pools in the Sims 4 base game and put it into an expansion, two things that have been freely available throughout the series. They rarely fix glitches in their sports games and other games. They don't give a shit about us, because we buy it anyway!!!! 

that's why I buy them on steam for so cheap, so at least I'm giving them 5 bucks instead of 20 for each EP
    FYI regarding pools, they added them in through a patch in October.

I've played all 4 versions. I've gotten all of the EP's for 2 and 3. 2 is probably my favorite: lots to do, but more stable than 3. Even my really good desktop sometimes has issues running 3, though I do enjoy 3. So far I like 4, but I'm not in love yet. It's definitely more stable than 3, by far. To me it doesn't seem any more bare bones than any other base game, so I'm waiting to see what EP's they come out with. I think people forget how little most of the base games had to offer originially.

And I for one I have to be in the right mood for toddlers, so I can wait to get those back. I miss pets the most, but that's always been an EP in the past.

Also, the graphics areally great on 4. They put thought into every little thing. There are so many little things that make me giggle while playing. The "pee pee" dance to the bathroom that they do when bladder is low is hysterical.
    Anniversary
  • I love the Sims. I've only played 3, but will one day probably convert to 4. My mac absolutely hates running that game and is on its last legs anyway. I hope a new computer is in my future and if so, I will probably get lost in 3 again for weeks. 
  • Played the first two religiously for awhile, and love 3, but I got when it first came out, so going from 2 + custom content and EPs to vanilla base game turned me off from it. I try going back to it, but other games have my interest more for what little time I actually game.  :(
  • I only play Sims FreePlay on my tablet.

• The original Sims was popular when I was in college (10+ years ago). But I haven't played since then. I had the hot date expansion, but that's it. I guess I'm old.

• I play Sims Freeplay....but I don't really have the time to invest in anything further anymore.  I used to play them years ago though.  

I might turn into a bad person when playing it.  

• larrygaga said:
    EA is well known for being a scumbag company. They are only in it for money, and people buy their stuff anyway (me). A good example is that they took out toddlers and pools in the Sims 4 base game and put it into an expansion, two things that have been freely available throughout the series. They rarely fix glitches in their sports games and other games. They don't give a shit about us, because we buy it anyway!!!! 

@raissyrais all that above. EA does not give one tiny fuck about their customers. Look up the SimCity 4 disaster (click), I have no idea if it's gotten any better but that made it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that they do not give a shit as long as they have their money.

I don't think they'll be bothered with a 4 for mac. I had 2 for PC and it was fine, but after reading the shit that mac users had to deal with (most of the 2 EP's didn't even get made for macs after TONS of promises and delays and all kinds of shit), I just waited for 3 to come out because it wasn't worth bothering with 2 for my mac.

@larrygaga I am atrocious at video games, but I play them anyway. I have played maybe 4 hours of DA:I and I really like it. There is a LOOOOOOT for me to get used to so far. I'm used to playing Skyrim on a PS3, where I just control one character and run around doing whatever. With DA:I there's a whole big party to control/take care of/acquire things for, so I'm dealing with party management in addition to a different battle style.

It is VERY cool, and there's SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to do in the game, so I know I'm in it for the long haul. Eventually I'll be awesome at it, just taking a while now lol
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I played 1 and 2 with some expansion packs (living large, college) but now play 3 every now and then... honestly maybe once, twice a year. It's usually when my FI is away for the weekend or something and I get bored. I don't want to embarrass myself too hard if he ever saw the family I created with his last name before he proposed.   [cringe/awkward face]
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I played 1-3 (now play 3 every so often), 2 was easily my favorite.  I still really miss the University expansion.  I've heard that 4 isn't so great, and I have a Mac anyway, so either way I can't play it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I play 3 with Supernatural and Ambitions. I think I'm going to get Generations at some point. I got frustrated a few weeks ago when I figured out that you can't ... I don't know, bequeath funds onto a child? I'd develop these households with a nice house and wealth, but I couldn't use that wealth to give to the child to split off into his or her own life. But as of last night I am once more addicted.

Still if anyone has a work-around for my frustration I'd love to hear it.

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • beethery said:

beethery said:
    larrygaga said:

@raissyrais all that above. EA does not give one tiny fuck about their customers. Look up the SimCity 4 disaster (click), I have no idea if it's gotten any better but that made it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that they do not give a shit as long as they have their money.

I don't think they'll be bothered with a 4 for mac. I had 2 for PC and it was fine, but after reading the shit that mac users had to deal with (most of the 2 EP's didn't even get made for macs after TONS of promises and delays and all kinds of shit), I just waited for 3 to come out because it wasn't worth bothering with 2 for my mac.

@larrygaga I am atrocious at video games, but I play them anyway. I have played maybe 4 hours of DA:I and I really like it. There is a LOOOOOOT for me to get used to so far. I'm used to playing Skyrim on a PS3, where I just control one character and run around doing whatever. With DA:I there's a whole big party to control/take care of/acquire things for, so I'm dealing with party management in addition to a different battle style.

It is VERY cool, and there's SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to do in the game, so I know I'm in it for the long haul. Eventually I'll be awesome at it, just taking a while now lol
    Yup, EA is a bunch of fuckers. I will never buy their games full price but I do love them so.
  • MegEn1MegEn1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2014

beethery said:

beethery said:
    larrygaga said:

Yup, EA is a bunch of fuckers. I will never buy their games full price but I do love them so.
    If you need proof that EA gives zero shits, just look at Assassin's Creed and those fiascos. I hate myself for loving you, Ezio Auditore.

Edited for FACT: I got EA and Ubisoft confused. But really who can blame me?

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • MegEn1 said:
    I play 3 with Supernatural and Ambitions. I think I'm going to get Generations at some point. I got frustrated a few weeks ago when I figured out that you can't ... I don't know, bequeath funds onto a child? I'd develop these households with a nice house and wealth, but I couldn't use that wealth to give to the child to split off into his or her own life. But as of last night I am once more addicted.

Still if anyone has a work-around for my frustration I'd love to hear it.
    I don't know of anything for that either /:

mrsdee15: Yes two was amazing! But I so love open world.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards