Chit Chat

Sims players in the hizzouse

13»

Re: Sims players in the hizzouse

• beethery said:

I play sims though I haven't in several months. I currently play 3 but used to play 1. When the crackheads broke into/lived in my house for three days, they didn't steal my computer. They got on my sims and killed everyone. :(

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

Yeah. I was 15 and it was the weirdest/scariest thing in the world (at the time).
  • I play Sims 2, started with the original Sims. Eventually I'll get to 3. I haven't decided about 4 yet. For a while I was really downloading custom content to use in my game. 

I was in the Beta for The Sims Online many years ago. Anyone else remember that game? I didn't like it and always came back to my offline Sim Game. 
  • Fairyjen1 said:

I play Sims 2, started with the original Sims. Eventually I'll get to 3. I haven't decided about 4 yet. For a while I was really downloading custom content to use in my game. 

I was in the Beta for The Sims Online many years ago. Anyone else remember that game? I didn't like it and always came back to my offline Sim Game. 
    I was also in the beta for that. While I liked it, I wouldn't have paid the monthly fee for it.
  • I play sims though I haven't in several months. I currently play 3 but used to play 1. When the crackheads broke into/lived in my house for three days, they didn't steal my computer. They got on my sims and killed everyone. :(
    WHAT THE FUCK?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!
    Yeah. I was 15 and it was the weirdest/scariest thing in the world (at the time).
    That is all kinds of fucked up.
  • Fairyjen1 said:
    I play Sims 2, started with the original Sims. Eventually I'll get to 3. I haven't decided about 4 yet. For a while I was really downloading custom content to use in my game. 

I loooove 3. From what I can tell Sims 4 just doesn't look up to par, especially since I have all the EPs for 3 except two.

And I don't remember that!
  • MegEn1 said:
    beethery said:
    MegEn1 said:
    I play 3 with Supernatural and Ambitions. I think I'm going to get Generations at some point. I got frustrated a few weeks ago when I figured out that you can't ... I don't know, bequeath funds onto a child? I'd develop these households with a nice house and wealth, but I couldn't use that wealth to give to the child to split off into his or her own life. But as of last night I am once more addicted.

Still if anyone has a work-around for my frustration I'd love to hear it.
    Could you try dicking around with the familyfunds cheat?

I just motherlode every new household until they have $500k and then I build their house with that money.
    Eh, I don't want to do that though. I'm creating families, generations! I really need to buy that expansion. But I like creating a family, building them and having them save up a bunch of money for the kid. But the kid has to live at home forever until the 'rents are dead or move out to live with basically nothing in order to take advantage. Such a huge game flaw!
    The familyfunds cheat will let you do what you want. Move the kid out, use familyfunds to reduce the parents' cash by how much you're giving the kid and then increase the kid's by the same amount. Yes, it's a cheat, but you're not technically changing the amount of money your Sims have earned.

• MegEn1 said:
    beethery said:
    MegEn1 said:
    I play 3 with Supernatural and Ambitions. I think I'm going to get Generations at some point. I got frustrated a few weeks ago when I figured out that you can't ... I don't know, bequeath funds onto a child? I'd develop these households with a nice house and wealth, but I couldn't use that wealth to give to the child to split off into his or her own life. But as of last night I am once more addicted.

Still if anyone has a work-around for my frustration I'd love to hear it.
    Could you try dicking around with the familyfunds cheat?

I just motherlode every new household until they have $500k and then I build their house with that money.
    Eh, I don't want to do that though. I'm creating families, generations! I really need to buy that expansion. But I like creating a family, building them and having them save up a bunch of money for the kid. But the kid has to live at home forever until the 'rents are dead or move out to live with basically nothing in order to take advantage. Such a huge game flaw!
    The familyfunds cheat will let you do what you want. Move the kid out, use familyfunds to reduce the parents' cash by how much you're giving the kid and then increase the kid's by the same amount. Yes, it's a cheat, but you're not technically changing the amount of money your Sims have earned.
    Oh I didn't realize I could REDUCE the family funds! That changes EVERYTHING!!! :)

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • Sooooo I've been playing Free Play non stop since this thread was started haha. Last night FI was like, "What are you- are you playing the Sims on your PHONE?!"
    Anniversary

• Sounds like fun @theycallmelinz!  I used to be an avid Sims player, starting with 1 all the way to 3, but last summer sometime I got a bug where all of a sudden my female sims could not stop having babies.  It didn't matter whether they gave birth at home or at the hospital, but the babies just kept on coming.  The most that I got to at one time was 8 babies at a time, but then I would just quit since they would continue to come.  I haven't played since as that even happens in a new neighborhood and I don't have the time to uninstall and install each one again.  I also wouldn't have any time due to grad school anyway.  I love that game though!
  • beethery said:
    I once submitted this beautiful house to a website where you can download user made houses and mods. They rejected it because the roof style didn't match the house style. :(
    That is lame as hell. Why would they even care?
    I am guessing they go through each house because they might have too many shitty ones that will clog up the site. Quality testing.

When I built it, I didn't even know what style it was and had to go to google to find something that matched. Becuase you have to have an IRL house style. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I play sims though I haven't in several months. I currently play 3 but used to play 1. When the crackheads broke into/lived in my house for three days, they didn't steal my computer. They got on my sims and killed everyone. :(
    You're going to need to expand on this story. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• GUYS! I figured out the solution to my problem!

Sim goes to a computer and selects 'Move' then he can buy a property and take whomever he desires with him.

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • larrygaga said:

I play sims though I haven't in several months. I currently play 3 but used to play 1. When the crackheads broke into/lived in my house for three days, they didn't steal my computer. They got on my sims and killed everyone. :(

You're going to need to expand on this story. 

@larrygaga‌ Sorry this is so late. I just saw your post.

When I was 15, I was at my mom's house and my dad was out of town for several days. At his house, several people broke in and lived there for as long as my dad was gone. We found at least 6 crack pipes as well as other drugs. The stole a few things of actual value, but mostly weird stuff (my stuffed animals, frozen food, my dad's underwear, etc.). I had a desktop computer at the time that I pretty much only used to play sims. Once I finally got on the computer (you know, after freaking out, figuring out what was missing, etc.), I discovered half of my neighborhood on sims was destroyed. People were missing. Objects in my houses were missing. It was very weird. But they didn't steal the computer.

On a happier note, we did find one of the thief's wallet, which contained her expired drivers license, her social security card, her birth certificate, and her drug rehab papers, as well as another crack pipe.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards