Registry and Gift Forum

Holy sh*t blenders?!

So FI and I are registering for stuff. I've come across blenders, and oh dear lord are they expensive!! I had NO idea. I'm not about to register for some $500 appliance just to make smoothies and margaritas, unless it comes with a butler or something that will prepare my drinks for me. So talk to me about this. What's a good blender? What's a good price for one? (I don't want any side-eyeing from guests seeing my registry and how much something costs). I feel like I will only need one for mixing drinks and making smoothies. I don't need the $1,000 one that Bed Bath and Beyond carries. 

Help?
Anniversary

Re: Holy sh*t blenders?!

• We have a cuisinart blender, (not sure of the model name, it was on amazon) that is programmable and has a lot of different functions.  It was right at about $100 when we got it.  I have a lot of friends who have the ninja blender, and they LOVE it. 
  • We registered for a Ninja brand blender that was close to $200.  It came with the regular big pitcher, but also 2 individual cups/blades (like the bullet blenders).  This was on our Kohl's registry and they freuqently have kitchen appliances for up to 30% off and will let you use coupons on top of the regular price decrease.  My mom got this for us at my bridal shower and told me she paid less than $100 (w/out tax).  I use it every day and it is amazing. 
  • I second the Ninja suggestion! Ours is great. 
    Anniversary

• KitchenAid and Cuisinart both make ordinary blender-type blenders for $100ish. If you don't need any crazy top of the line thing, go for that. 
  • Mine cost $20 at walmart. I have no idea what brand it is. Sunbeam maybe? I had no idea blenders could be fancy.
  • I think mine is cuisinart and it was under $100.  Does what it needs to do.  I don't use it much ( i tend to use my food processor or immersion hand blender way more)
  • I have a nice basic one from KitchenAid that crushes ice perfectly well and was under $100.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also have a 100 dollar Cuisinart. We like it. Ninjas have good reviews too.

Anniversary
  • I have a Black and Decker one that I got on sale for $40 at Target three years ago and it's been great. We also got the Magic Bullet for our wedding and love it--pricier, but definitely nowhere near what the Vitamix costs. They're great for smaller portions and the cups have lids that let you stick things in the fridge for later or take to go. 

Instead of a food processor, I also registered for and got an immersion blender which costs around $60 and comes with a chopper attachment. It's the Calphalon brand one. Great for soups and I used it for squash puree and cranberry relish on Thanksgiving. Basically does most of what I'd want a bigger blender or food processor to do and takes up less than a third of the cabinet space.
  • I've never used a blender (and never owned a food processor) till a few years ago. I've used a nicer one (borrowed kitchenaid) to make sauces only. The Fiance came with his plastic imersion blender. I've never used one myself, but it is his favorite appliance. We agreed to minimise kitchen appliances to store, so we looked at blenders with an included food processor bowl. We registered for the big Ninja system, and a nicer imersion blender (with chopper). If the ninja doesn't get gifted, we will hold off on that investment to see if the immersion blender suits us fine. 
  • We have a Ninja blender.  Cost about $130 at Costco with all the cool extras.  That shit will blend anything.

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards