Chit Chat

New in Town

Hey ladies! 

I wanted to introduce myself so we know each other a little better. 

I got engaged in August and the wedding is in May 2015. We've got all the big stuff handled, so I will be seeking advice and opinions on the little details and probably talking about my dog. (...and probably stupid things I shouldn't freak over. Just tell me to bring the glass to my mouth and shut up when that happens.) 

Y'all all seem super fun. Hopefully I've done enough creeping to not end up on the shit list!

Re: New in Town

• edited December 2014
    Welcome! 

ETA: What's your favorite cheese?
  • Hi! My wedding is this May too :) 
    Congrats! 
  • Welcome.

Please post a picture of your puppy.

Dawson or Pacey?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi! My wedding is this May too :) 
    Congrats! 
    Yay and congrats to you too! What is your date?
  • maeday2 said:
    Hi! My wedding is this May too :) 
    Congrats! 
    May 2! Ours is the first wedding of the year at our venue! In my area of the country, it could be snowing, or it could be 105 degrees lol. 
  • KatWAG said:

Welcome.

Dawson or Pacey?

See what I mean about my dog? I totally overlooked the important question to gush about him. 

That's tough and whoa I haven't watched Dawson's Creek since high school. I would have to say Pacey, though. I like em with a little depth and a wild streak! 
  • maeday2 said:
    Hi! My wedding is this May too :) 
    Congrats! 
    May 2! Ours is the first wedding of the year at our venue! In my area of the country, it could be snowing, or it could be 105 degrees lol. 
    DITTO! Good date selection! I'm already stressing over the weather too, so we can get our weather prayers going up together. 
  • sarawifenowsarawifenow member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014

Hi there! I am always down with people who obsessively talk about their dogs. I think I mention my pup in 95% of my posts haha!

ETA: How did you and your FI meet?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    maeday2 said:
    KatWAG said:

Welcome.

Dawson or Pacey?

See what I mean about my dog? I totally overlooked the important question to gush about him. 

That's tough and whoa I haven't watched Dawson's Creek since high school. I would have to say Pacey, though. I like em with a little depth and a wild streak! 

This made me snort-laugh.

How do you feel about babies? Love them? Eww, they smell? Like them, as long as you can give them back???

BabyFruit Ticker
  • maeday2 said:
    KatWAG said:

Welcome.

Dawson or Pacey?

Hi! That cute little reindeer in my pic is my boy, Huckleberry. He was dumped and totally picked me to be his momma. Therefore I feel like his adult/senior years must be kickass to make up for previous poopy owners. Here's another for good measure. 
    WELP I'm sorry to tell you that I'm gonna have to steal your fur baby, because I'm officially in love.  
    Anniversary

• sarawifenow said: Hi there! I am always down with people who obsessively talk about their dogs. I think I mention my pup in 95% of my posts haha! ETA: How did you and your FI meet? I love dog moms! I'm conscious that it's just me who is obsessed with him - so I try to keep it in check. 

We had one of those serendipitous kinda meetings. Different reasons brought us to my hometown. We ended up at the same restaurant bar and voila! I was not living in that town at the time, and neither was he. 

We were long distance, and still are, but we were able to establish a really awesome friendship. I didn't see him for another year, when I finally decided I was going to see if this could work. We spent that NYE together and I could NOT get on the damn plane because I was a wreck. Two more years long distance and he decided he could be stuck with me forever!  
  • I was also engaged in August and have a May 2015 date (but we're doing Vegas so the planning is extremely low-stress.) Hi!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    Welcome! 

Your thoughts on cheese?

Eta: I see @ClimbingBrideNY beat me to the question! 

• KatWAG said:
    maeday2 said:
    KatWAG said:

Welcome.

Dawson or Pacey?

This made me snort-laugh.

How do you feel about babies? Love them? Eww, they smell? Like them, as long as you can give them back???

Except that time he decided to do frosted tips. No, no, and NO. 

To be honest, I was never a baby fan. I think it comes with your own desire to have one and how much you're exposed. We are just now getting to a point in my extended family that my cousins are having babies and I love it! FI and I definitely want children, so I'm glad to validate that I'm not completely averse to it. 
  • maeday2 said:
    KatWAG said:

Welcome.

Dawson or Pacey?

Hi! That cute little reindeer in my pic is my boy, Huckleberry. He was dumped and totally picked me to be his momma. Therefore I feel like his adult/senior years must be kickass to make up for previous poopy owners. Here's another for good measure. 

Aww, he has the adorable fluffy ears like my Kiki!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• HELLO. 

Your dog is the freakin' cutest. OMG. Both of my cats had pretty unpleasant "childhoods," so I try to spoil them extra to make up for it, too. 

A+ on the Pacey and feta answers, too. 

I'll try to think of some questions, but I'm pretty braindead today, so I'm not makin' any promises. 
  • maeday2 said:
    KatWAG said:

Welcome.

Dawson or Pacey?

WELP I'm sorry to tell you that I'm gonna have to steal your fur baby, because I'm officially in love.  
    Hi! He straight up just walked up my driveway one day and right into my heart, so I totally get that. Maybe we can work out a babysitting gig come wedding time? :) 
  • Welcome & congrats!! do you have a honeymoon picked out yet?

• levioosa said:
    Welcome! 

Your thoughts on cheese?
    Thanks! I love cheese. I think there was more goat cheese in my salad at lunch than spinach.
  • jenna8984 said:
    Welcome & congrats!! do you have a honeymoon picked out yet?
    Hi there!

We keep going round and round on this one. FI wanted Mexico and I was all for it since hello, real Cinco de Mayo. Patron shots for everyone! 

Then at Thanksgiving my aunt and uncle offered up their condo in Hawaii for our honeymoon. Now he's totally into that. I'm not against it since saving dollars and house hunting go hand in hand, but it's still up for debate. 
  • amelisha said:
    I was also engaged in August and have a May 2015 date (but we're doing Vegas so the planning is extremely low-stress.) Hi!
    Congrats! We've managed to keep it low stress so far, but your Vegas wedding sounds awesome.
  • How do you feel about mayonnaise?

Please express in gif form the face you make when confronted with thoughts of egg hootie (the little stretchy booger that comes out in an egg white). To post a gif, find one you like, right click then click "copy image location," paste that location into the text box that appears when you click the icon that looks like a little Polaroid picture.

Here's mine.

Please express in gif form the face you make when confronted with thoughts of egg hootie (the little stretchy booger that comes out in an egg white). To post a gif, find one you like, right click then click "copy image location," paste that location into the text box that appears when you click the icon that looks like a little Polaroid picture.

Here's mine.

I felt like my almost 90 year old grandmother learning how to do that, but I'm so proud! 

Also, I think I love you for having a term for that nastiness! No joke, I get made fun of by my own mother for breaking those things off with a fork and disposing of them before I scramble my eggs.

Mayonnaise - It's love/hate. In dips and sauces I like it. I don't ever slap it on a sandwich though. 

Fun fact: My FI hates eggs, mayo, and milk. He LOVES ranch dressing. Every time I mention it's legit just milk and mayo with seasoning he turns into a major Mr. Pissy Pants.  

Here's mine.

Hahahahah! @lolo883 only you!

I want to play!

• maeday2 said:
    jenna8984 said:
    Welcome & congrats!! do you have a honeymoon picked out yet?
    Hi there!

We keep going round and round on this one. FI wanted Mexico and I was all for it since hello, real Cinco de Mayo. Patron shots for everyone! 

Then at Thanksgiving my aunt and uncle offered up their condo in Hawaii for our honeymoon. Now he's totally into that. I'm not against it since saving dollars and house hunting go hand in hand, but it's still up for debate. 
    Nice!! Definitely can't go wrong with either!

• @lolo883 I've asked this before but I'm still computer challenged- how do you guys find the gifs???!?! I can legit never find any.

• jenna8984 said:

@lolo883 I've asked this before but I'm still computer challenged- how do you guys find the gifs???!?! I can legit never find any.

Google image search <whatever you are looking for> gif.
  • OP, I like you.  I can even overlook the "not liking mayo on sammiches" part (I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU GUYS).

jenna, just try creative Google-ing!  (That's the second time I've used that word today.  I'm grossed out with myself.)  Or find a good site (tumblr has shit tons), here are two of my faves:

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards