Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Philly party venues (KWR - kinda wedding related!)

Hi everyone, We're getting married in England but are planning to throw a party in Philadelphia maybe sometime in October to celebrate over here with people who can't travel. We're looking for a venue but are having trouble finding anywhere suitable - we're looking for somewhere to host maybe a 100 people with food and drinks (nothing else wedding-reception related). I'm finding lots of wedding venues but we're looking at spending around $3,000 and everything we're finding is out of our price range - any suggestions would be really appreciated!

Re: Philly party venues (KWR - kinda wedding related!)

• If you want to have a really casual kind of reception, Mermaid Lake in Blue Bell rents our pavillions and has a barn that they've dressed up for a party or a wedding.
  • My good friends just got married in Punta Cana and are doing a similar party-type thing in a few weeks here, as well.  They booked the Yards Brewery- which is really cool inside.  Not sure of the exact pricing, but I know they wouldn't be keen on anything super expensive.  Otherwise I'd check out Partyspace- they have a ton of restaurant and different venues which offer different options.  A lot of the sites which are registered are definitely more unique than the more traditional ballrooms Philly has to offer!
  • You should look at Jeffrey A Miller catering.   They have exclusive contracts with some venues in Philadelphia that are absolutely fantastic for a reception!! Philadelphia Racquet Club is one that is great. And if it's in the spring/summer/fall the American Swedish Historical Museum is a GORGEOUS outdoor space that would be ideal for around 100 people and definitely will fall in your price range for food/drinks etc.  Their food is delicious too! And the menus are really flexible with all local ingredients!  Give them a look!
  • Thanks - we went with Elmwood Park Zoo in the end and they were great! Would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a budget-friendly venue
  • I realize this is a 6 month old thread, but if anyone else is looking for venues, I attended a wedding at  Manatawny Still Works, and it was so cool!
  • Glad to hear you went with the zoo!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards