Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Father/Daughter suggestions...

My father and I are not very close... Saying we don't get along well would be putting it lightly.. Of course I still love my father.. but i just can't picture us dancing to the "usual" father/daughter songs because I feel like it would be a lie.

does anyone know any good songs to dance to that don't have a sappy meaning behind it..?

Re: Father/Daughter suggestions...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    weddingwire.com has some good suggestions and you can even listen to the clips
  • Options
    writerunnerwriterunner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the same dilemma.  I love my dad.  There is just too much painful history that can't be erased now even though we have a nice relationship.  It's not that I can't forgive.  It's that I can't erase the sad and tragic from my memory.  But I do love him very very much, and want him to to participate in all the dad traditions. 

Therefore, I'm going with Otis Redding, "That's how strong my love is."  The other one I was considering is Stand By Me...I forget who sings it now.  Jazzy, blues.  Both of them are about 2 minutes 20 seconds tops.  Initially I was only looking for shortest songs on earth because one single minute can feel interminable!  And I can't stand the lie of dancing to something sappy traditional with him like Butterfly Kisses.  But both of these songs are great for us, I think.

Good luck!
  • Options
    futurepivkofuturepivko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    in your case, pick a song that is about the future, so as "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts, or pick a song that talks about the moment like "The Dance" by Garth Brooks. Don't pick a song that reflects on the past, childhood, or being a "daddy's girl". Pick something that is about the wedding and the fact that you do love each other.
  • Options
    lscottolscotto member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what about In my life the beatles 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My father and I decided to dance to Over the Rainbow, the Hawain version not Garland.  Think s its nice without being overly annoying father-daughter dance song.

Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    Ash2011Ash2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My dad & I are close, both like Rock, Hard Rock songs. I grew up to the sounds of Ozzy Osbourne, Poison, Led Zep, Def Leppard.. to name a few. I'm looking for a somewhat slow father daughter song from those bands or someone in that genre.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards