Missouri-St Louis

Wanted: Hair Stylist for Bride on a Budget

I am getting married on June 16, and am in need of someone to do hair for myself and my 5 bridesmaids and possibly mothers as well. I can't find people online in prices that I seem reasonable for hair. I may be unrealistic in thinking that anything over $60 for an updo is ridiculous, but that's where I am....
Any suggestions of stylists would be great! Or just tell me what is normal to spend and I will work it into what has to work for the budget!

Re: Wanted: Hair Stylist for Bride on a Budget

• I spent $100 on my wedding updo.

I think you can call Beauty First in Brentwood and they are cheaper, but I didn't like the way my hair looked at a friend's wedding so we went with someone else.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • edited January 2012
    One of my friends did both my hair and my bridesmaids' because I refused to pay over $50 for someone to simply curl my hair and put a couple pins in it. Do you know anyone who does hair?

My other suggestion is to look into a beauty school. I always had my hair done for school dances and even for a friends wedding. They have students that are more experienced that you can ask for. 

I'm not sure where you are, but I have used Current Trends Academy in St. Peters.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ditto kac12170.  My girls have always had their hair done for school dances at the beauty school and most of the time it's turned out great.  There had been a couple of times when it needed to be tweeked but nothing that was a big deal.  Ask for a senior stylist that is getting ready to graduate and they will usually accomodate you.
    Other than that I would say the place my daughter is looking is $85+ for her and $75 for the bm's.
    I'm the mother of a beautiful bride to be!
  • I have NUMEROUS friends who do hair and would do an updo for $40-$50. They all have pictures you can look at. If you are interested you can find Lyrical Horizons on facebook and I can point you their way :)
  • $50-60 is not unreasonable for and updo or formal hair. I charge $50 for bridesmaid's. Remember you are paying for someones time and talent. Also for a bride I charge $150...but that includes hair and makeup and a trial where we will practice different styles if you are not sure and your makeup. Www.amandabluestein.webs.com 314-856-3988 Check me out I do tons of weddings!!! And I can do hair and makeup up to 8people by my self! Good luck on all your planning! !! Thanks Amanda. Bluestein
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards