Pennsylvania-Central

Anyone know of a good Hair and makeup in Gettysburg on site?

Hi, I live in Gettysburg and I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for a good hair stylist or salon that is good with weddings. I also am trying to find a good make up artist too with both preferably willing to come on site. Please let me know if you have any ideas or worked with anyone that was really great . Thanks

Answers

• I am using Serenity Hair Salon. I get my haircut by them all the time and always end up with fantastic hair. They are very reasonably priced. They also offer make up. Highly recommend.
  • The Gettysburg Salon & Day Spa do a great job as well!
  • Probably too late for the initial poster, but I used Melissa for my hair and she does makeup too (my mom's mary kay lady drove in from bucks for m/u so only needed hair):  http://beautybymelissa.mixform.com/.  I was just about to write my overdue vendor review so I'll put it here:

Melissa did my hair along with that of two of my BMs and my mother-in-law.  She was responsive and found that magic spot where she was both professional and friendly.  I didn't know what I wanted to do beyond wanting it all up, but at my trial Melissa (aka Missy) helped me figure out a style that was special and yet still fit my generally simple style.  On the big day, she arrived on time (an early start!) and brought positive energy to the room.  While she does makeup too, I had someone else and Missy worked well with her counterpart.  She helped solve my mini-hiccup..both she and the makeuo lady ended up doing my MIL in a room off the hotel lobby b/c we couldn't get her wheelchair to the guest room I was using as a base.  

Overall -- I was happy with my hair, as were the others she took care of.  Price was reasonable and service was top-notch.  Definitely recommend
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards