Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Hello :)

I've been lurking for awhile and thought it's time to introduce myself...
*My FI propsed to me April 24th
*I'm getting married in June 2013 (it's so far away, but I have to wait until my FI is done with grad school) at the chapel at Westminster College.
*I have bought my dress--got it on e-bay for $600 less than Helen Freed's wanted for it :)
*in my spare time, I am looking for a teaching job, practicing and coaching figure skating

So that does it for me, hope you all have a great evening :)
My Bio
Derp Engagement Photo
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hello :)

• edited December 2011

Welcome and congrats!

• LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that is a long engagement!  Welcome and congratulations!  What does your dress look like?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Exclusives by allure style 2075...i tried to find a picture on here, but it's not listed.  I bought it from pinkribbonbridal.com.  Very cool website--the designers and some brides donate new and gently used gowns to a non-profit cancer research group.  The lady who runs this site buys the dresses and sells them through her site or on e-bay.  She then uses the money to buy more dresses from the same group to sell.
    My Bio
    Derp Engagement Photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    hello and welcome :] 

i love the idea of pink ribbon bridal (we've got cancer survivors like crazy in my family) - i'm definitely going to check them out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! DH and I had a long engagement as well- 2 years and 7 months. At the time, it seemed like the wedding would never get here, but then I finished college, we were a year out from the wedding, we moved to DC, and that year flew. Congrats on finding a dress already!

ETA: I just searched under google images... is this your dress? If so, it's gorgeous- I love the detail on the bottom.

• LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_hello-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:5a0c2fbd-de95-4d62-a5ea-ae3f73d90cc8Post:f6555202-67fc-4dc2-8283-9b5422ffbfaa">Re: Hello :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Exclusives by allure style 2075...i tried to find a picture on here, but it's not listed.  I bought it from pinkribbonbridal.com.  Very cool website--the designers and some brides donate new and gently used gowns to a non-profit cancer research group.  The lady who runs this site buys the dresses and sells them through her site or on e-bay.  She then uses the money to buy more dresses from the same group to sell.
    Posted by milichal[/QUOTE]

Wow, that is really awesome.  You'll have a wedding dress that's special for so many reasons :)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Kim-that's the dress!  I'm still trying to figure out stuff on here.  The group's website was very helpful :)
    My Bio
    Derp Engagement Photo
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome!! Can't wait to hear more about your day as the details unfold!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards