Wedding Woes

Happy Boxing Day!

How was the holiday?  Are you working today?  Weekend plans?

We had a good two days.  Good food, good family time. DH got me some really pretty sapphire earrings. I got him a smoking cookbook.  We weren't supposed to get each other anything.  The kids loved their gifts.  I feel like this year was a really good balance too. They got 2 Santa gifts, 3 parent gifts, and 1 sibling gift.  Enough to be excited not enough to be overwhelmed.

I think I'm having some sort of allergic reaction.  My neck from right ear to cleavage is bright red.  There are some nice welts and I have to fight the urge to claw the skin off.  Benadryl did nothing so I think I might need to see a doc today.

Tomorrow we go to MIL and sFIL's for godawful soup and presents and probably some ball game that will be too loud.  Sunday FIL and sMIL come here.  We were going to smoke, but now it looks like rain.

Re: Happy Boxing Day!

• Oh and DH fessed up about the doctor appointment. It was really nothing.
  • Ughh, there are no doctors in today!!  a PC visit is free, urgent care is $100 plus the annoyance of kids.  Maybe I'll just wait until dH gets home and if it's still bad I'll go.

And apparently nobody else is going to be here today so I'm just going to talk to myself.

• Try some anti-itch cream and a cold rag - they both help me.  I get wierd skin stuff all the time so never go to the Dr. for it anymore.  Are you wearing anything new that could be bothering you?
  • We had a great day yesterday but I went to bed with some crazy stomach pains and nausea.  I really thought I was going to vomit.  I moaned myself to sleep and feel pretty ok this morning.  My head cold is winding down, I think.

This was the year of puzzles and board games.  Everyone knows the girls love both so they got tons.  Thank goodness, because we needed some new games to throw in the mix.

And we finally broke down and got play-doh.  Just one container each to start, but it's going well so far.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards