Not Engaged Yet

Monday Chatter

Morning! I just finished catching up on what I've missed since Christmas Eve and holy crazy posts, Batman. 

I'm at work today, all week actually (I have a half day on Wednesday), and I'm already counting down the hours until I get to leave. I had such a nice Christmas and weekend with my family. I can't believe it's over. There's always so much hype and then it's over in the blink of an eye. 

I need this week to go by quickly. I go to Aruba next Wednesday for 5 days and then when I get back H and I close on our house! I really wish I could fast forward. The weekend after closing, my babies get to come home! I miss my cats so much I could cry. I just have to stick it out for a little bit longer!

Re: Monday Chatter

• I hope your week goes by fast @Swazzle! And congratulations on closing on your house!!!!! That's very exciting :)

I have New Years' Day off, so I'm looking forward to that. Before then though I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope all of my appointments don't cancel for work so I get stuck in the office (the worst), and I'm going to start studying for my licensure exam which I still have to register for and schedule in February! Happy Monday everyone.
  • I am working today and tomorrow, and then Wednesday we're waking up early and driving down to DFW to catch our flight to San Diego!!  CAN'T WAIT. 

I think I'm going to swing by to get a mani/pedi after work today.  I was going to go tomorrow but it's going to be a lot colder than today, and who wants to get out in the freezing weather?  not me, if I don't have to!  and, of course, we have winter storms coming through Tuesday overnight and Saturday, the 2 days we're trying to travel.  YUCK.
  • Happy Monday everyone!

My big boss is out of the office for this week so I'll be able to play a little bit.

My weekend was good, we just hung around, did laundry, cleaned, put away wedding stuff. H (squeeee!) took me out to a nice Brazilian restaurant on Saturday. It was SO GOOD.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • In 34 minutes, my day will get immensely better. There is a Breaking Bad marathon on AMC. 

• Swazzle said:
    In 34 minutes, my day will get immensely better. There is a Breaking Bad marathon on AMC. 
    Jealous.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I work all these week too,except New Years Day. I had a 4 day weekend that went by so fast.

Christmas eve I went to the hospital to visit my niece and I saw her again yesterday.  She is so tiny and so adorable.  They named her Arianna Grace. I love her and it didn't help my baby fever at all.  Christmas was really nice, I got spoiled quite a bit.  One of the coolest gifts I got (besides the bottle of wine, wine glass from MIL) was the silk bouquet she made me that replicated my wedding bouquet.  I cried when she gave it to me. 

I'm in a grumpy mood today and I don't want to be back at work at all, much less do any work.  I just hope the day goes by real fast and I get out of this funk.

Anniversary

• Allo, allo.

I'm at work today too, but it seems most people are out. I have half a million things I should be working on, but all I wanna do is... not do it.
  • @swazzle Aruba sounds great! I am glad that you had a nice Christmas and hopefully Wednesday gets here quickly for you! And then closing and seeing your fur babies! How exciting! 

@lunardaydreaming I hope that you have some appointments that do not get canceled. Getting stuck in the office with nothing to do is the worst! 

@CocoBellaF I hope the storms don't impact your flights too much! And unfortunately you are leaving before FI (that still looks weird to me!) and I get back :(

@Hummingbird125 congrats on finding an officiant! 

@Peaseblossom55 hopefully your day does go by fast! 

----------------------
    FI and I have this week off and are still in NY through Sunday. I plan to make some phone calls this morning to set up some appointments to view venues in the area with him, and also make sure that my ring is covered under our renter's insurance policy. I will definitely add it if it is not already covered. 

I am going out to lunch with one of FI's best friends today, and am so excited. We always got along really well, and I can't wait to get to know her better. After that, I am going to FI's parents' house to meet with FI and hopefully put together a guest list so that we can get an idea of how many people we will be inviting. The places that I am going to set up appointments for this morning will definitely hold the amount of people we will have (they hold 300-500; we anticipate a max of 250 but probably closer to 150-175), but that way we can check out some others as well hopefully. 

• Morning all!

I have a paper to review today - the plan was to do it Friday but I was still unwell. I turned a major corner Saturday and am now back to my usual self, so it's time to keep reviewing papers.

After work today FI and I are going to another furniture store. We went three-ish places on Saturday looking for a loveseat for the living room. There was one that was perfect except for the color, so my fervent hopes are that we can turn up something else.

@swazzle yay for closing!
    @cocobellaf, travel safely!
    @peaseblossom55, what a thoughtful gift!
  • @Swazzle How did I miss news about your Aruba vacation? I'm jealous!! Also YAY for your closing date being sooooo close!

@Hummingbird125 Congrats on finding your officiant! I'm so glad you were able to find someone like your stepdad who knows both you and your FI and will be able to give you an awesome, personal ceremony!

@Peaseblossom55 Congrats on your new niece! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I have a new niece or nephew too within the next year.

@buddysmom80 Hey there OMH. How are ya?

I'm trying to get back on track after vacation last week. We spent the last week in Northern Indiana with H's family. It kind of sucked because 1. It didn't snow AT ALL and there was no snow on the ground. What's the point of going north for Christmas if there isn't going to be any snow? 2. I was sick before we left and that turned into a super shitty ear infection so I had to go to the doctor. Now our insurance is causing us problems because apparently my old insurance never actually cancelled me so now H's insurance thinks I have another primary provider who should be covering the bill. 3. MIL came home on Tuesday really really sick so we didn't get to spend Christmas Day or Eve with her. Basically we didn't see her at all until Friday when she was finally feeling well enough to get out of bed

The vacation was fun for other reasons. We got to spend Christmas with H's family, which is something he hasn't done since he moved to Atlanta. We also got to take his niece and nephew ice skating for the first time ever. His niece is 6 and she picked it up almost immediately, but his nephew was still a little too young to grasp the whole "Don't run or flail your legs around" concept so H and I took turns holding him and pulling him around on the ice. We also went clay pigeon shooting with H's dad and BIL. I sucked a lot but we still had a lot of fun.

I'm off on Thursday for New Years Day but that's my only holiday this week. H took off the whole week because he has 5 days of unused vacation and he figured why not. He's hopefully doing a bunch of projects around the house that we've been procrastinating on. Today I'm trying to play email catch up and stay awake.

• @lapeanut1018 Nieces/nephews are the best all of the fun none of the responsibility.  I love it.

@swazzle yay for Aruba!!! I would love to get away right now, sadly I've got until mid march!

Anniversary

• @Swazzle - Yeah for closing AND Aruba!

@Hummingbird125 Congrats on finding your officiant! 

@Peaseblossom55 I know what you mean about baby fever. Congrats on your new niece..I bet she is adorable.

@AuroraRose41 - Congrats on the engagement!

@LaPeanut1018 - I'm sorry you were sick and the insurance situation sucks.  Clay pigeon shooting sounds fun though.

@CocoBellaF - San Diego!  Fun!  Where are you visiting (any sites)?

-----------------------------------------------

I'm at work today and have a lot of catching up to do.  Christmas was fun and my sister and BIL loved their gift (we got them a trip to Vegas since they've been helping us with the house remodel).  They've never been on a trip together in their 14+ years other than Mexico to visit with BIL's family so they are really excited. 

Anyone have any resolutions for the next year? I'm not big into New Year's resolutions but this year I have one.  I'm determined to keep a food journal and stop drinking during the week.  I feel off track since I got back from Mexico a month ago. 

• I hope everyone had a great Christmas break! I worked on Friday and it was dead here, so I had to find other sources of entertainment. 

@swazzle sooo jealous of your vacation!! And yay for house closing soon!! 

@aurorarose41 congratulations!!! 

@peaseblossom55 I love her name!! So sweet and pretty!

@hummingbird125 that was so awesome of your step dad!!!

@cocobellaF get the mani/pedi today so you don't have to worry about your toes freezing tomorrow :) Also, fingers and toes crossed that the weather cooperates.

I had a great Christmas break, lots of running around to visit all families, but we were able to see everyone.  My bf got me a diamond necklace to go with my earrings, and was so excited to see me open it that he had me open it Christmas Eve (a few minutes before midnight so he says it was technically Christmas).  I got him funny stuff and practical stuff, and he was most excited for the funny stuff.  I got him a beaver golf club cover, which he thought was the funniest thing ever.

Everyone loved the signs I made; my bf's dad was so excited he actually hid his so no one would steal it.  And our friends hung theirs up immediately.  So that made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I have off for New Years Eve and New Years Day, then back to work Friday.  I'm going to try out the Salon at Ulta and get my hair done for New Years.  Kind of nervous because I've only had my sister do my hair for the past ten years. 

• @minskat30 - we want to go to the San Diego Zoo, tour Little Italy, do the old trolley tour, go on a whale tour (already got the tickets), and spend a day on Coronado Island!  big plans!!!
  • @southernpeach89 - I love your Maddux stories.  a whole stick of butter?  poor guy!
  • @Southernpeach89 oh no poor Maddux. Wow a whole stick of butter? H has off the rest of this week too and I want to be home with him instead of at work. Boo.

Anniversary

• @CocoBellaF -Yes unfortunately it was around the size of a whole stick of butter...probably like 3/4 of a stick. It was sitting on the kids table and I looked away for about 5 seconds and then DH's grandma says "Oh no Maddux" and I look over and he is licking an empty butter dish. Yep....
  • @CocoBellaF - Sounds like so much fun!!

@SouthernPeach89 - Ha!  Sorry had to laugh about the butter.  Poor Maddux (and you for the mess).

• @southernpeach89 hahahaaha that is exactly what my dogs would do! I hope he enjoyed his meal of butter. I don't think it'll be an issue, but did you let the vet know before they do his surgery?  
  • @speakeasy14 Yes we did but they said it shouldn't affect much since it was before midnight. We just warned them of his runny poop.
  • @Swazzle - Aruba + House = I wish I was you.

@CocoBellaF - I'm sure the San Diego Zoo has lots of interesting animals! Unfortunately, I'm never able to make time for more than just the panda exhibit. ;) Seriously. Soooooo...... Also extremely jealous of you.

------------------------------------------

I had such an awesome long weekend! Christmas with BF's family was nice. They totally spoiled me. However, his asshole brother decided to throw another tantrum and start screaming out "You wanna go? You wanna brawl?" type bullshit on Christmas, in front of everyone, over a discussion about whether being thankful is reflection on the past or living in the present (it started from a freakin meditation CD for goodness sake)........ Not kidding. This guy is unstable. Anyhoo, he sent a text that night saying that my BF should never talk to him again and he wants him out of his life. So luckily we get a break from that drama, but it kind of ruined the rest of the weekend for BF. He wasn't in a great mood at my family's place.

On Saturday I got to meet my twin nieces for the first time though! They are 7 months old, and starting to crawl, and then kept holding hands! It was too freakin cute.

• justbeingme93justbeingme93 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    @Swazzle
    I am completely jealous of your trip to Aruba! 

I hope the weather cooperates with you. I hate when the weather ruins plans!

I am totally impressed with anyone who has the patience to make their own beer. It is quite the process! I enjoy tasting the beer that people make themselves, but I prefer to buy mine at the store. Haha. 

I know what you mean regarding the no snow for Christmas. The one day of the year I want snow is Christmas, and there wasn't ANY! We had inches of snow on the ground a few weeks before Christmas, but it all melted away. It felt like spring on Christmas day. 

"FI  and I have this week off and are still in NY through Sunday."  Ahhhhh!! You have a fiancé! That is all I have to say. haha. 

--------------------------------------------
    I am back at work today! I am actually quite thankful to be out of the house and working. It is always difficult for me to transition from the craziness of finals to doing nothing for a whole month during holiday break. I was going a little stir crazy at my parent's house. I work today and tomorrow. Then, we are off the rest of the week. I should get a full two weeks in before I go back to school. I need the money, so I am happy to get as many hours as I can. SO is working three jobs this winter break, so he is much busier than I am. That man is worse than I am about keeping busy. He can't sit still for two minutes. 

I had a lot of people in the office ask me if I got something sparkly for Christmas. I just awkwardly laughed and said, "Yes I did. He got me two new sparkly wine glasses from Crate and Barrel." I don't think that is what they were expecting to hear. haha. However, one of my very close friends got engaged last week. I am over the moon happy for them! I ran out and bought her a bridal magazine, wine, and sticky note tabs for marking pages. It was so fun to see her so excited and happy! This next year is going to be a very stressful time for me with school and applying for jobs, so I am excited to have something to look forward to! 

Edit: I don't know why my formatting went wacky! Sorry. 

• I'm working all week except Thursday..... And i dont want to lol.

Christmas was nice....quiet. I spent the day with my grandparents, my grandma almost cried at het gift. I drove home, snuggled with bf, then went in to work in Friday from 7:30-12....what a waste of time. We snuggled and watched movies the rest of the day. Saturday he got a new tattoo that he had wanted forever....but now i want another one.....

Sunday bf played golf and i cleaned our bedroom. I pulled the bed out, vacuumed aaaaaall the dog hair, organized....it wad crazy.

I'm tired today and everyone at the office is cranky.....can we just go back to bed??
  • @Swazzle - Wahh for no days off this week. Not even Thursday? Also, that's a hell of a way to start 2015! Aruba, then house, then furbabies come home.

@Hummingbird125 - Yay for an officiant!!! I'm so glad it's worked out.

@buddysmom80 - Oh hey there OMH!

@tuarceatha - I'm with you on that one... I'm in the same mood.

H is off the rest of this week. He doesn't go back until the 5th. Granted, he worked his ass off the weeks leading up to Christmas, but I'm still really jealous. I don't want to work. I just want to lay around and snuggle my H all day!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Just saying hello - <confession -- didn't read anybody's posts yet>.  Back at work and have to work the late shift today.  I have Thursday off for New Years and that's it.  I'm pretty much done going through my unread email (but my email box was a mess to begin with).  Not much going on.

Anniversary
  • @Swazzle - so glad this house is working out for you so far!!  And Aruba?  JEALOUS!!

@Hummingbird125 - Wow, sounds like a productive WR week!! 

@Buddysmom80 - Hey you DO exist!  We miss you around here!

Anniversary
  • I apparently have a ton to catch up on since last Tuesday! I'm so jealous of anyone and everyone who has upcoming travel plans - especially to warm weather desitnations. It's currently snowing and about 14 degrees here. I want some sunshine!

I had a wonderful Christmas in the mountains with H's family. We played games, watched movies, ate tons of yummy food...and even got a white Christmas! I was especially glad to get extra snuggles and cuddle time with my adorable niece!! Everyone loved the cabin, H's aunt from CA had a blast snowshoeing for the first time and over all it was a pretty special holiday. I was somewhat worried because this was our first Christmas without my FIL, but it ended up being a great time and we were able to share lots of fun memories from past holidays with FIL too.

I did have to come back to work today, but when I got in my car this morning, H had left me a really sweet card and some roses! Such a nice surprise. Sadly the roses were pretty frozen when I got to my car, so I don't think they're going to make it...but at least I have something beautiful to smell at my desk all day!!

• @ollie08 how was your trip?

@swazzle im uber jealous of your Aruba trip.... I don't think bf and i will get any fun vacations until the kids are out of the house. With this being S senior year.....money flys out off seems.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards