Chit Chat
Options

RANT- Car Insurance

I just got a call from my new car insurer telling me they show an accident on my vehicle from October of this year.  No clue what they are talking about.  So I just spent the last hour of my life calling my previous broker and the two insurance companies they had me with (one handling comp / collision the other liability...???) to get that straightened out.

Neither of my previous insurers shows me making a claim of any kind on the policy... so-o yeah; no idea where the new insurance company is getting their information.  Ironically, right around the day they are showing an accident, I updated my address with my previous insurer(s); did someone hit the wrong button?

What's the stupidest thing you've had to deal with today?

Re: RANT- Car Insurance

• Options

Well that's so annoying!!

Stupidest thing here is- my corporate office told a woman back in September that she had until the end of the year with the company then they were forcing her lay off. However, she does a very important job like payoll and must be replaced. So you'd think in the last 3 months, they would have had her training other people to take over her 20 years of knowledge to pass on.

Well she had a stroke last week which is terrible and I really hope she's going to be ok. But, no, she had not trained anyone on her job, which was supposed to be ending in a week. So what the crap?! I'm waiting on all of this stuff to do my month end/ year end and no one knows how to do it.

• Options
    On Christmas Eve, one of our employees asked me to get some rollers. He said they are this brand, 4", of this type, and he sent me a picture. I ask if there is anything else I need to know about these rollers. He says, nope, that should take care of it. They need to fit a roller guide.

Ok cool. Ordered the rollers. Had to drive around all morning doing work errands and dropping stuff off, and he comes into the office and tells my mom I ordered the wrong size and kind of rollers, blah blah blah. Tells her she needs to check what I'm ordering more often so I don't get the wrong parts, all this bullshit.

I go to order the correct rollers and they are a COMPLETELY FUCKING DIFFERENT TYPE. He sent me pictures of the wrong god damn rollers and didn't get the width measurement because he wasn't fucking paying attention.

He is on my shit list today.

Today will be better when FI and I go get the kitties from his shitdick co-worker. I will take pics. FI also just texted me and said he thinks he has a home lined up for them, so they may not even need to go to the shelter.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    @jenna8984, that is so sad- for everyone.  Her, especially, since it's a major medical incident and job loss all within a week!  But for you and the company too.  I work in HR and one of my personal "things" is to always document what I do and how I do it, so that if I'm (God forbid!) hit by a train or something awful, 90% of my job can hopefully be done by anyone who can read.

@beethery- that sucks!  Not to stir shit, but do you think this guy was setting you up / trying to make you look bad?  It's the first place I went after reading your post.  Did you save the picture and send it to your mom?  Great news about the kittens though- I read about that in another thread earlier. 
  • Options
    jenna8984, that is so sad- for everyone.  Her, especially, since it's a major medical incident and job loss all within a week!  But for you and the company too.  I work in HR and one of my personal "things" is to always document what I do and how I do it, so that if I'm (God forbid!) hit by a train or something awful, 90% of my job can hopefully be done by anyone who can read.

beethery- that sucks!  Not to stir shit, but do you think this guy was setting you up / trying to make you look bad?  It's the first place I went after reading your post.  Did you save the picture and send it to your mom?  Great news about the kittens though- I read about that in another thread earlier. 
    No, he's just a dipshit. No matter how many times I ask our guys for ALL OF THE DETAILS they can possibly think of when I try to get parts, they leave big shit out and I always have to call them and ask again. I think it's pretty typical of this field, unfortunately. This guy was trying to cover his ass. 

He also called me right after I put the order in, asking if I could change the order to black rollers. I said alright, and got on the phone with the vendor. So he calls me while I'm on the phone with them and tells me to disregard and stick with the clear ones. He was also going off about how the rails are getting bad, etc etc. Motherfucker, I just need to know what rollers to get. Today ain't the day for rails or a giant rail replacement order when we don't have approval from the customer.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    That's really frustrating. Last time I switched insurance I discovered that my driving record showed a citation for "wrong way on a one-way street" but the actual citation was for improper lane usage.

The stupidest thing I've dealt with today is the post office. A bunch of my clients' mail was mis-delivered and is now sitting on my desk.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

beethery said:
    jenna8984, that is so sad- for everyone.  Her, especially, since it's a major medical incident and job loss all within a week!  But for you and the company too.  I work in HR and one of my personal "things" is to always document what I do and how I do it, so that if I'm (God forbid!) hit by a train or something awful, 90% of my job can hopefully be done by anyone who can read.

beethery- that sucks!  Not to stir shit, but do you think this guy was setting you up / trying to make you look bad?  It's the first place I went after reading your post.  Did you save the picture and send it to your mom?  Great news about the kittens though- I read about that in another thread earlier. 
    No, he's just a dipshit. No matter how many times I ask our guys for ALL OF THE DETAILS they can possibly think of when I try to get parts, they leave big shit out and I always have to call them and ask again. I think it's pretty typical of this field, unfortunately. This guy was trying to cover his ass. 

He also called me right after I put the order in, asking if I could change the order to black rollers. I said alright, and got on the phone with the vendor. So he calls me while I'm on the phone with them and tells me to disregard and stick with the clear ones. He was also going off about how the rails are getting bad, etc etc. Motherfucker, I just need to know what rollers to get. Today ain't the day for rails or a giant rail replacement order when we don't have approval from the customer.
    What a dumb ass!  Would a template of some sort help?  Like, describe size of rollers,colors, machine it will be used on (then maybe you can question it if they suddenly have you ordering something new when you've ordered xyz for that same machine for the last year)...
  • Options

Ugh I despise insurance companies. I hate paying for 'what ifs' =\

I am hungover today. Yes, on a tuesday. We are hosting a NYE party and needed to empty our keg so we can trade it in for a new one. There was alot more left than we thought =\

• Options
    blabla89 said:
    That's really frustrating. Last time I switched insurance I discovered that my driving record showed a citation for "wrong way on a one-way street" but the actual citation was for improper lane usage.

The stupidest thing I've dealt with today is the post office. A bunch of my clients' mail was mis-delivered and is now sitting on my desk.
    Ugh.  My dad has worked for the post office as a semi driver for about 10-15 years I think, and even he will say that a lot of the people at the PO are morons.  I hope you get it straightened out...  Anything urgent in there?
  • Options
    beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    FeeleyToBe said:
    What a dumb ass!  Would a template of some sort help?  Like, describe size of rollers,colors, machine it will be used on (then maybe you can question it if they suddenly have you ordering something new when you've ordered xyz for that same machine for the last year)...
    I have a spreadsheet for parts orders, so I keep track of all that on there. Has corresponding job numbers and everything.

The guys are out all over the place all the time, so they send me pictures and text me details. It's not always a problem, but every now and again they get vague. They'll send me a picture of a mystery thing and say get me one of these. From who? Ask your dad.

afhkajdfhgsdfhgksdfhgsjkbgf

DETAILS GOD DAMMIT.

We have an elevator company, so there are huuuundreds of different parts, just per unit. A template wouldn't really cover enough detail. Sometimes they can get me an actual part number and it's easy. Other times I get a picture of a metal square from my dad and, "Explosion proof door locks, X vendor. Send them the picture, not sure what size, old job from the 1960's" and I have to talk to somebody who sounds like gollum and acts like I'm insane when I ask to send them the image and what I've dug up for the job site information.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    blabla89 said:

Ugh.  My dad has worked for the post office as a semi driver for about 10-15 years I think, and even he will say that a lot of the people at the PO are morons.  I hope you get it straightened out...  Anything urgent in there?
    Yep - lots of year end donations for a charity that we work with. The address says "Charity Name, PO Box 123" which is the donation processing lockbox. But for some reason they think it's okay to deliver it to just any box belonging to that charity, anywhere in the country, regardless of the address :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    One of the front desk guys asked if him and the housekeepers have Thursday off.  

WTF?  It's NYE/NY in NOLA. We are hosting the FIRST EVER college football 1st round playoff game. AND Alabama is one of those teams.  Alabama is practically next door to NOLA.  Meaning almost every Bama student and/or alumni will be in town regardless if they have a ticket or not.  We are oversold.

Now does that sound like a scernio where you would be getting the day off?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    One of the front desk guys asked if him and the housekeepers have Thursday off.  

WTF?  It's NYE/NY in NOLA. We are hosting the FIRST EVER college football 1st round playoff game. AND Alabama is one of those teams.  Alabama is practically next door to NOLA.  Meaning almost every Bama student and/or alumni will be in town regardless if they have a ticket or not.  We are oversold.

Now does that sound like a scernio where you would be getting the day off?

He's probably operating under the "doesn't hurt to ask" mode.  ;-)  LOL!
  • Options
    blabla89 said:
    blabla89 said:

Yep - lots of year end donations for a charity that we work with. The address says "Charity Name, PO Box 123" which is the donation processing lockbox. But for some reason they think it's okay to deliver it to just any box belonging to that charity, anywhere in the country, regardless of the address :(
    BOOOOO!  Hope you get it sorted out. :-(

• Options
    I just found out that I've been canceling vacation days, working weekends, etc. on a client project for which the client gave me outdated data.

We had a status call this morning where I had a few questions. It turns out that I've been working off of a spreadsheet that hasn't been updated in 2 years. The top of the page says that it was updated in November but apparently they changed the date without reading it.

I'll now be working all day tomorrow, Thursday, and every day of the weekend.

At least they feel horrible.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I found out my fmil who is the worst driver ever is named on our insurance. She will never be aloud to drive my car. I trust the porters at my work to drive my car better than my her.
    Lately i have been dealing with a manager who thinks i can stay to god knows when, when i am off of work at 4. Agreement was that the other girl would be up at thr front desk at 4 no matter what. Time to start doing yoga or something to keep the stress from getting me.
  • Options
    I just found out that I've been canceling vacation days, working weekends, etc. on a client project for which the client gave me outdated data.

We had a status call this morning where I had a few questions. It turns out that I've been working off of a spreadsheet that hasn't been updated in 2 years. The top of the page says that it was updated in November but apparently they changed the date without reading it.

I'll now be working all day tomorrow, Thursday, and every day of the weekend.

At least they feel horrible.
    I think you win.  HANDS DOWN.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards