Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Photographer Suggestions?!?!

Hey Ladies,

I am looking for a photographer for my spring 2016 wedding. I know I am looking early, but I want to be able to book who I want, so just looking for information for right now. Does anyone have any suggestions for photographers they are using or maybe know someone who used one and loved them/their work? I am looking for a more affordable photographer, I will refrain from saying cheap because I know a lot of work goes into it and the photos are something I am will to spend the extra money on. So any suggestions would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Photographer Suggestions?!?!

• I've heard great things about Artistic Imagery. They did my friend's wedding in October and the pictures were amazing, so I booked with them as well. Their prices are very reasonable as compared with the other photographers I researched. 
  • Thanks @selfieslob‌ I will check them out!
  • I am using Caroline Morris Photography. She is amazing and her prices are reasonable for our area! 
  • Can I ask what reasonable is for this area? I'm not sure what I should be looking to spend, and I don't want to cheap out or go over budget...

And my sister used Annie Hosfeld who was WONDERFUL, and sounds like she books up early. The pictures were gorgeous, Annie was lovely, everything was fabulous. But again, not sure what the pricing was like comparatively.
  • It seems that all the photographers I've contacted start at $3000+ for one shooter. Does anyone know of any that cost less?
  • I've seen a few photographers who charge $4000 and up. Their pictures are gorgeous, but I personally cannot justify spending that much.

@nhs226 My package with Artistic Imagery came out to less than $3000 and I was able to get two shooters.
  • Isabel March is amazing! She did our engagement session and is shooting our September wedding :-) SO sweet and personable. I knew as soon as we met her that she was a perfect fit for us!

http://isabelmarchphotographyblog.com/
  • It seems that all the photographers I've contacted start at $3000+ for one shooter. Does anyone know of any that cost less?
    The package I'm getting is similar in price for two shooters for the whole day. I figure that kind of makes up for what is a little more than I was hoping to spend! (Also I LOVE the photographer, she's just amazing - like @phillybride9615 said, as soon as I met her, I just loved her. Her name is Annie Hosfled - anniehosfeld.com - I'd recommend her to anyone!)

I did look into Clair Pruett and Robert Dean, which are located primarily in the Western suburbs (where I am) and both were slightly cheaper (for one shooter)
  • I used Jaci Downs and I absolutely love my pictures!  www.jacidowns.com or https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jaci-Downs-Photography/115496831815831

• Check out mlubasphotography.com 
    She is so creative and her prices are right there on the website. You get two shooters as her husband shoots with her and various angles for the same moment are priceless. And she has different packages depending on how long you need them. 
  • I said this on another thread, but try using Thumbtack to find vendors. I have secured my photographer for $1500. You input your budget, date, and venue and they bid for your event. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards