Connecticut

JOP Recommendations?

I'm getting married in Simsbury, CT in October and am having a tough time finding a JOP to officiate. Any suggestions? As with most of you, I'm very budget conscious so not looking to spend over $500. I am just looking for a simple ceremony.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Re: JOP Recommendations?

• starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOVED my JP and she was waaaaaayyy under $500 (we paid just under $200, including her travel costs)

queenofideas.com is her website, her name is Cami Rosenberg-Dews.
  • edited December 2011
    I was just thinking about this earlier! I need some good recommendations as well. Thanks!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    $500 for a JP?!?!? WOW! We used Sara Carson and absolutely LOVED her. She was $150 last year. She lives in Hartford.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    $500 is definitely too much to spend for a JP - you should be able to find an excellent one for around $200 (seems to be the average going rate).

However I don't have any suggestions since I'm from the southern CT area and my JP is from the Mystic, CT area (the only 2 we met with were from there).  You can check TK and Wedding Wire for popular JPs in the area or you can look up JPs from the town website usually.

Good luck!
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • ktanddevangktanddevang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is Renee Carle I love her! She is amazing and we had looked into a lot of people before we found her. We are paying $350 for her to do our rehearsal and ceremony, but for just weddings without the rehearsal it is around $200 I believe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I also recommend Sara Carson. She was our JP.  We officiated a private ceremony on a hiking trail in Kent... just DH, myself and a few friends.  We didn't need a rehearsal, so it only cost us $75.  She's definitely reasonable and I believe averages around $125.

http://www.sarajp.com/
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • SweetSimaSweetSima member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Carla Marciano!! She is from Simsbury, as am I.   I will send you a PM of all of her information.  She is wonderful and a great friend of mine Smile
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • snydekasnydeka member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much for the information!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_jop-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:1ceb9bdc-608e-4756-8a1e-c1c12cfc028bPost:f92ae779-1688-4d5d-894d-6877dec1672d">Re: JOP Recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ours is Renee Carle I love her! She is amazing and we had looked into a lot of people before we found her. We are paying $350 for her to do our rehearsal and ceremony, but for just weddings without the rehearsal it is around $200 I believe.
    Posted by ktanddevang[/QUOTE]

Seconding Renee! We booked her a few months ago!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards